Thread: Anyone get good quality video with Sopcast?

Anyone get good quality video with Sopcast?

Have been able to find the streams without a problem. Just seems to be stop and go so much, makes it hard to watch. Wondering if it's a bandwidth problem (doesn't see to be horsepower) or are there any additional settings on sopcast?

Thanks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NEJetFromLI View Post
    Have been able to find the streams without a problem. Just seems to be stop and go so much, makes it hard to watch. Wondering if it's a bandwidth problem (doesn't see to be horsepower) or are there any additional settings on sopcast?

Thanks
    It has to do with the bandwith of whoevers uploading the stream. I think the NFL has been cracking down more on the streams, which is why the quality is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    It has to do with the bandwith of whoevers uploading the stream. I think the NFL has been cracking down more on the streams, which is why the quality is getting worse.
    So I assume you're seeing the stop and go effect as well. They should try cycling through the different peer to peer technologies, maybe we could confuse the NFL.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by NEJetFromLI View Post
    So I assume you're seeing the stop and go effect as well. They should try cycling through the different peer to peer technologies, maybe we could confuse the NFL.
    It'sreally gotten bad over the last month. ESPN is really cracking down; I never can watch MNF on SopCast.

Has anyone paid the $49 for one of these "streaming sites"? How the heck does that work? Off-shore streaming?

I mean if we can't see it for free, how does paying $$$ to a 3rd party make everything work right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    It'sreally gotten bad over the last month. ESPN is really cracking down; I never can watch MNF on SopCast.

Has anyone paid the $49 for one of these "streaming sites"? How the heck does that work? Off-shore streaming?

I mean if we can't see it for free, how does paying $$$ to a 3rd party make everything work right?
    Well. I imagine what they do is get dedicated people streaming online, Someone has to know who sets up the stream. It just seems so shady, who knows what else they could be streaming. It's so offshore that they could just stream nothing and it'll be a nightmare to get the money back.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Well. I imagine what they do is get dedicated people streaming online, Someone has to know who sets up the stream. It just seems so shady, who knows what else they could be streaming. It's so offshore that they could just stream nothing and it'll be a nightmare to get the money back.
    Yes, that my line of thinking Batman. It's a matter of time before these "players" get shut off.

Practice Squad
    It also has to do with the upload bandwidth of those watching the stream. Since Sopcast is peer to peer, if someone watching the stream is not uploading their fare share, then everyone suffers.

People watching Sopcast streams need to be cognizant of that and make sure they don't use any other bandwidth intensive applications. TG

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by totallygreen View Post
    It also has to do with the upload bandwidth of those watching the stream. Since Sopcast is peer to peer, if someone watching the stream is not uploading their fare share, then everyone suffers.

People watching Sopcast streams need to be cognizant of that and make sure they don't use any other bandwidth intensive applications. TG
    Like surfing message boards while watching?

All Pro
    No one post the direct link. Not to be mean, but these things have been shut down at a fast rate and if this gets shut down, no sopcast link for all of us.

Google myp2p, (it's the first site that shows up) and click on the forum at the top right. look for the Jets topic and they show you what to do.