Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ditka rips Brady

Hall Of Fame

Ditka rips Brady

Nice to see someone who isn't cupping his sack...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...man/index.html

One mouth ain't dropping to his knees and genuflecting - ESPN's Mike Ditka. Shortly after New England whipped Pittsburgh, Ditka was on "SportsCenter" trashing Brady, basically calling him a thin-skinned jerk, for getting in the face of Steelers safety Anthony Smith (last week he "guaranteed" a Pittsburgh win) after hitting Randy Moss with a 4-yard TD pass.

Ditka, never known for concealing anger, wondered if "Johnny Unitas" or "Bart Starr" would react to comments voiced by a backup player with just two years in the league. Brady, Ditka said, has a severe case of "rabbit ears."

"Don't worry about the opponent, and what he said, because what he (Smith) said, he's got to back (it) up," Ditka explained. "That kid had no ability to back it up. Brady should have brushed it off as nothing.

"So," Ditka continued, "(for Brady) to take it to another degree, to acknowledge it, you're just as wrong as him."

See, in Ditka's world, a flawless season cannot cover up the character flaws of the quarterback engineering it.

Hall Of Fame
    Translation:

"jealousy jealousy jealousy jealousy Pats jealousy jealousy jealousy Brady jealousy jealousy jealousy Brady"

Hall Of Fame
    Brady wasn't actually talking **** to Smith; he was just asking if anyone had seen his Rally Sucker:

Hall Of Fame
    That guarantee nonsense was incredibly overblown and generated by the press.

They ask the guy if they can beat NE. He says yes, if we fire on all cylinders and play the way we can we will win. then they ask the guy, do you guarantee a win? And of of course the young guy falls for the media bait and says yes.

How are players supposed to think before a game? Oh no, we have zero chance for a win and are lucky to only be 20 point dogs.

As for Brady, I don't care about him lipping off to opposing players or getting in their face. I do get annoyed by his constant whinning to the refs over every hit and every close play against his WR's. He works the refs and sooner or later they will call that borderline PA against the other teams defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Every time I hear him talk, I like Iron Mike more and more....

Hall Of Fame
    McMahon was the ultimate classy QB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

One mouth ain't dropping to his knees and genuflecting - ESPN's Mike Ditka. Shortly after New England whipped Pittsburgh, Ditka was on "SportsCenter" trashing Brady, basically calling him a thin-skinned jerk, for getting in the face of Steelers safety Anthony Smith (last week he "guaranteed" a Pittsburgh win) after hitting Randy Moss with a 4-yard TD pass.

Ditka, never known for concealing anger, wondered if "Johnny Unitas" or "Bart Starr" would react to comments voiced by a backup player with just two years in the league. Brady, Ditka said, has a severe case of "rabbit ears."

"Don't worry about the opponent, and what he said, because what he (Smith) said, he's got to back (it) up," Ditka explained. "That kid had no ability to back it up. Brady should have brushed it off as nothing.

"So," Ditka continued, "(for Brady) to take it to another degree, to acknowledge it, you're just as wrong as him."

See, in Ditka's world, a flawless season cannot cover up the character flaws of the quarterback engineering it.
    I hate the Pats like all Jets fans and can't stand smug Brady, but that being said, Ditka is a old-time homer. Like they didn't talk trash back then? laughable....so guys did'nt assault ur character or teams performance cause they were all gentlemen? ....ok iron mike....this veterans need their money thing has gone to his head....just retarded.

Brady said Smith was talking junk to him during warm-ups, I have no problem with him getting in someones face. Some people play better when they are fired up, some dont.

While some of Smith's comments were overblown some were just plain stupid saying the Bengals had better WRS? Maybe they do, but your a backup saftey and you're going to taunt the Pat wideouts for before the game? Give me a break, at least he got his 15 minutes.

Every QB in the league works the refs, no one cries more than Payton...

Ditka is so full of ****. If you challenge any great competitor he's going to come right back at you - I don't care if it's Johnny Unitas or Michael Jordan or Patrick Roy or Tom Brady. These guys didn't get to the top of their professions by being weak willed. They are fiery guys who lead their teams. They're not going to take **** from anyone. Ditka himself was surely that way as well when he was a HOF TE.

Much to do about nothing. Ditka is just trying to be controversial so people talk about him and/or the show.

Rookie

Ltz

Is there any point to any of this? Less than zero, and the season can't end fast enough.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

while I am no fan of Tom Brady, I get a little tired of some of these 'holier then thou' old-timers. They like to pretend that this generation invented low class acts. And the older players were the bastion of manners, class and dignity. Get over yourselves.

why doesn't Mike Ditka tell us stories about the players who would bite, knee and kick other players while they were on the ground? Or stick their fingers in their eyes. Or stories about the players who would show up for games/ practices drunk or hung over? Just Because those players handed the ball to the referees after a touchdown, we must erect statues for them at the local church? Pure hypocrisy
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 12-11-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Rookie

P.s.

I guess this is how Ditka will hawk that awful tasting Canadian cough syrup.(Buckley's, I think)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Translation:

"jealousy jealousy jealousy jealousy Pats jealousy jealousy jealousy Brady jealousy jealousy jealousy Brady"
    what does ditka a hof'er with a ring have to be jealous about?

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Translation:

No, Raoul, that is wrong. Iron Mike is dead-on. Brady was wrong to show-up a nobody. Just the way it works.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    No, Raoul, that is wrong. Iron Mike is dead-on. Brady was wrong to show-up a nobody. Just the way it works.
    I tend to agree with you, all he had to say was, "who?" That would have slammed the player and seemed as if he was taking the high road.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I tend to agree with you, all he had to say was, "who?" That would have slammed the player and seemed as if he was taking the high road.
    Right on. That's all you need, and you get to keep your dignity, too.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

You're right.

I just don't think this should make national headlines.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Ditka is so full of ****. If you challenge any great competitor he's going to come right back at you - I don't care if it's Johnny Unitas or Michael Jordan or Patrick Roy or Tom Brady. These guys didn't get to the top of their professions by being weak willed. They are fiery guys who lead their teams. They're not going to take **** from anyone. Ditka himself was surely that way as well when he was a HOF TE.

Much to do about nothing. Ditka is just trying to be controversial so people talk about him and/or the show.
    Bingo..

And us Jets fans take the bait..

Waterboy
    Its not a matter of whether or not players talked trash in his day or whether brady was justified in his responses, its the fact that brady is tauted as the epitome of class in the nfl and its totally unjustified.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You're right.

I just don't think this should make national headlines.
    The sad thing is, no matter what that team in Foxboro does this year, there will not be a high degree of respect throughout the NFL or throughout the country. Whether it be the "Spygate" fiasco, the overall arrogance of the team and its coach or the overall disgust towards BB himself...you name it. I think Mike Ditka is simply vocalizing a contempt that is shared by most in the NFL media and in the NFL itself. Others just don't have the gonads to go on the record.