Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: OT: Ideas For A Movie To Watch

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192

    OT: Ideas For A Movie To Watch

    Doesn't need to be a new release or anything just something good. I just watched

    The Astronaut Farmer - Watchable but not good
    Bloody Sunday - Good movie
    Ned Kelly - Good movie
    Attila - OK
    Open Range - OK
    The Great Raid - Great ****ing movie
    The Jacket - ****ing hated it
    Taking Lives - Watchable but stupid
    Saints and Soldiers - Real good movie
    The Yard - Good movie
    Employee Of The Month - ****ing stupid as hell, the movie sucked

    So what should I checkout?

    I don't need porn titles I've got that covered

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Islip, NY
    Posts
    1,968
    HAHA, my roomate is watching "Employee Of The Month" right now...it's god AWFUL



    Anyway, if you want to see a movie that will knock your socks off, you buy a ticket and go see "No Country For Old Men"...it's ****ing brilliant

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by jets1028 View Post
    HAHA, my roomate is watching "Employee Of The Month" right now...it's god AWFUL



    Anyway, if you want to see a movie that will knock your socks off, you buy a ticket and go see "No Country For Old Men"...it's ****ing brilliant
    Cool, I was wanting to see that movie but wasn't sure if it would be good, let me see if I can find it. And ETM is one of the worst ****ing movies I've seen in years.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    353
    American History X old movie but great

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    5,093
    Fight Club or Snatch

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Seen the last three listed, chances are if they're a big name movie I've watched it.

    I love Snatch (in more way then one ) great ****ing movie. Just started watching No Country For Old Men

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,540
    Awesome movie. Watch it in French (it's French-Canadian) with English subtitles. It's not the same dubbed over.


  8. #8
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Since Mr. Pink was wandering around my office today I'll go with...

    Reservior Dogs


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    The Fountain is good.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Awesome movie. Watch it in French (it's French-Canadian) with English subtitles. It's not the same dubbed over.

    That was a great ****ing movie I watch it 3 times. The bad ass in that movie (Mark Dacascos) is the guy on Iron Chef America now, he's a bad mother****er, I've seen a lot of his movies.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 12-12-2007 at 11:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Since Mr. Pink was wandering around my office today I'll go with...

    Reservior Dogs


    OK, if you didn't see this movie do not post in this thread.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    Have you seen Confidence?

    That was a good sleeper I watched a while back.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,932
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    Doesn't need to be a new release or anything just something good. I just watched

    The Astronaut Farmer - Watchable but not good
    Bloody Sunday - Good movie
    Ned Kelly - Good movie
    Attila - OK
    Open Range - OK
    The Great Raid - Great ****ing movie
    The Jacket - ****ing hated it
    Taking Lives - Watchable but stupid
    Saints and Soldiers - Real good movie
    The Yard - Good movie
    Employee Of The Month - ****ing stupid as hell, the movie sucked

    So what should I checkout?

    I don't need porn titles I've got that covered
    12 Monkeys was just on TV, still one of my favorites.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,540
    And an amazing comedy not a lot of people have heard of.


  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    43

    movies

    If you like old war movies Air Force is one of my favorites.
    Anything with Christopher Walken... Suicides Kings is one of my favs.
    I just watched Reign over me with Adam Sandler... wasn't what I expected from him, but it was good.

  16. #16
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    ok you want off the run....this one goes back a couple of years, go rent it.


  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Have you seen Confidence?

    That was a good sleeper I watched a while back.
    I think I seen it but I'm not sure, it looks familar.

    I seen 12 Monkeys another good movie.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarjet View Post
    If you like old war movies Air Force is one of my favorites.
    Anything with Christopher Walken... Suicides Kings is one of my favs.
    I just watched Reign over me with Adam Sandler... wasn't what I expected from him, but it was good.
    **** I didn't mean that old, is Charlie Chapplin in it?

    Seen Suide Kings no bad, didn't see Reign Over Me yet.

    Seen House Of Games a long time ago.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    One of my favorite sleeper movies....


  20. #20
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    One of my favorite sleeper movies....



    the absolute best Sleeper movie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us