Thread: Jets 2008 opponents?

Undrafted Free Agent

Jets 2008 opponents?

Can someone tell me who the afc south road game will be against? On the future opponents section of this site, it says tbd. Maybe someone has figured it out?

Undrafted Free Agent
    NE x2
    BUF x2
    MIA x2
    SD
    DEN
    KC
    OAK
    TEN
    CIN
    SF
    SEA
    STL
    ARI

Don't know road and home games.

All Pro
    H O M E-
    Denver Kansas City Arizona St. Louis Cincinnati Miami New England Buffalo

A W A Y
    Oakland San Diego San Francisco Seattle Tennessee Miami New England Buffalo

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

An absolute BRUTAL road schedule in terms of traveling in 2008. Four separate trips to the West Coast is never a good thing.

We had it pretty easy the past two seasons in terms of road travel. Now it has caught up to us and then some.

- Justin

All Pro
    Can make for some nice vacation planning....SF is a great city!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan View Post
    An absolute BRUTAL road schedule in terms of traveling in 2008. Four separate trips to the West Coast is never a good thing.

We had it pretty easy the past two seasons in terms of road travel. Now it has caught up to us and then some.

- Justin
    I wouldnt call it brutal.

Games at buffalo, miami, oakland and sf are very winnable. A three win jet team almost won at Tennesee, so that game isnt out of the question either.

Patriots, Seattle and SD will be tough road games.

The home slate is VERY easy. I think only the patriots have a winning record of the teams the jets will host.

Hall Of Fame
    It is weird that we have a road game at Tennessee 3 years in a row.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Can make for some nice vacation planning....SF is a great city!
    that depends how liberal you are...

SD is always a great away game to go to.......lots of fun in the sun.....

I may hit the Tenn game this year, i have never been to Nashville and have always wanted to go.

Has anyone heard how the trip was this year from any JETS fans.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Went last year and had a lot of fun in Nashville. Depending on the date, I may consider a return trip next year. Definitely going to head to either Seattle, SF, or Oakland next year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    Went last year and had a lot of fun in Nashville. Depending on the date, I may consider a return trip next year. Definitely going to head to either Seattle, SF, or Oakland next year.
    Selfishly I hope we have back to back on the coast so I can plan a west coast vacation centered on the green and white

All Pro

- Justin
    I'll take west coast road trips against the soft NFC West and AFC West over easier trips against good teams.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Selfishly I hope we have back to back on the coast so I can plan a west coast vacation centered on the green and white
    As I was typing my post, I was thinking that exact thing. How great would it be to fly out on a Thursday night, catch the Jets in Oakland or San Franciso then drive the rented convertible down the coast to San Diego mid-week and catch the game in San Diego the following weekend before flying back home? 2 wins and a nice tan....one can only wish!

Veteran
    Being at college in Ohio this schedule looks like I won't be seeing much of the Jets until I come home after Thanskgiving (this year I caught a couple of games cause we played the whole AFC North).

It's kind of weird that it sets up so the AFC East plays the entire AFC and NFC West divisions. I think all the AFC East teams will be doing a lot of travelling to the West coast.

Seattle and San Diego will be tough but I think we could win in San Diego; we did it a few years ago and won by a lot if I remember correctly.

If the AFC and NFC West don't get much better over the offseason I think the schedule will definitely be to our benefit.

Rookie
    Another one of those strange scheduling quirks, we are going to be playing away at Tenn. 3 years in a row.

Hall Of Fame

- Justin
    I don't think West Coast trips is as big a deal in football as it is in other sports being that they usually fly in the day before giving their bodies time to adjust and leave right after the game not having to play again for a full week.