Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will the Atmosphere Be Like on Sunday?

Waterboy

What will the Atmosphere Be Like on Sunday?

As an avid Jets fan since 1967 and living in Texas, I have had the opportunity to visit New York only for critical games that had playoff implications. I am visiting again this weekend to watch the game. What do you think the atmosphere will be like? Enough "beat up on Herm's team" enthusiasm to have an energized crowd on hand??

JetsFan2012
    Well, the people that do show up will be the ultimate die-hards, and they will either be cheering or booing loudly, or probably both.

I'll go if it doesn't rain -- this game is not worth sitting in a cold puddle for 3 hours.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'll be by 16-H maybe.. I think the stadium will be full..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS View Post
    I'll be by 16-H maybe.. I think the stadium will be full..
    I think aliens will land on the field at half time and kick field goals.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    I think aliens will land on the field at half time and kick field goals.
    I have more stadium experience than you.. lol... trust me.. it will be full..

JetsFan2012
    Are you kidding? It won't even be half full.

Banned
    I think the stadium will be full..
    you drunk bro?

and to answer the original question...there will be no atmosphere..
    Last edited by vilmatime51; 12-28-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Banned
    Dude you couldn't pay me to go that game on Sunday, seriously I'd rather sit in church.

That Browns game sucked major balls. I still can't believe I paid $100 for the ticket, $20 to park a couple miles from the stadium so I can get on a stinking yellow school bus, walk 200 yards from the drop off spot to the stadium and then sit through the worst football game I have ever seen. Oh and to end the great day, I got lost looking for the bus pick up off after the game while it was freezing and raining out.

Seriously the Jets need to put a better ****ing product on the field, because everything else they have to offer blows. Parking, food, atmosphere.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-28-2007 at 01:57 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    Dude you couldn't pay me to go that game on Sunday, seriously I'd rather sit in church.

That Browns game sucked major balls. I still can't believe I paid $100 for the ticket, $20 to park a couple miles from the stadium so I can get on a stinking yellow school bus, walk 200 yards from the drop off spot to the stadium and then sit through the worst football game I have ever seen. Oh and to end the great day, I got lost looking for the bus pick up off after the game while it was freezing and raining out. Seriously the Jets need to put a better ****ing product on the field.
    That bus pick up thing really is ****ing ridiculous and easy to mess up. The "stadium experience" itself is a ****ing joke with this team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    That bus pick up thing really is ****ing ridiculous and easy to mess up. The "stadium experience" itself is a ****ing joke with this team.
    The parking lot lights that actually light up nothing doesn't help the situation either.

Veteran
    fine, i'll one up you. I've missed less than a handfull of games since '91....there will be 25k POSSIBLY 30k people there, but thats pushing it.

As for the atmosphere...I'm not gonna beat around the bush...it will be lame.

Night

Veteran
    Been going to games for 15 years...there will be 35,000 fans there tops. The environment will be lame, just alot of drunken fans yelling and cursing at Herm and then booing the Jets once things head south.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 4HCrew View Post
    Been going to games for 15 years...there will be 35,000 fans there tops. The environment will be lame, just alot of drunken fans yelling and cursing at Herm and then booing the Jets once things head south.
    Sounds about right.

But I'm going anyway.

Love your enthusiasm, however, I've been going since 1978 trust me it won't be full. Also if it rains, or if there is inclement weather, it will be hard pressed to be half full.

Its going to be an August atmosphere with a couple of choice four letter words thrown Edwards way here and there. It will be surprising if there are 40,000 at this game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think there will be more of a cheer if we lose, then if we win.

It's all about a Top 3 draft position with a loss by us.

All Pro
    from experience i can say that this game is going to have no more than 35-40,000 tops.

I remember a few games in the last 10 years or so at the end of the season that was empty.

We had a Christmas eve 12:30 pm game vs the Saints Kotite's first year - there was possibly 25,000 there.

The Day after Christmas in 1992 vs the Saints that had maybe 30,000

A December game vs the Oilers - pouring rain - O'Donnel "hurt himslef" in warm up possibly 40,000

even 2003 last game of the season vs Pats - maybe 50,000 but probably 10,000 where Pats fans.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    from experience i can say that this game is going to have no more than 35-40,000 tops.

I remember a few games in the last 10 years or so at the end of the season that was empty.

We had a Christmas eve 12:30 pm game vs the Saints Kotite's first year - there was possibly 25,000 there.

A December game vs the Oilers - pouring rain - O'Donnel "hurt himslef" in warm up possibly 40,000

even 2003 last game of the season vs Pats - maybe 50,000 but probably 10,000 where Pats fans.
    i was at the oilers game when o'donnell managed to hurt himself in warmups. that game was known for 55,000 no shows. so i guess that left about 25,000 of us in there. my dad and i were the only people in our entire section at the start of the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post

I was at 3 of 4, the only game I skipped was the O'Donnell game. I think the best comparison for this game would be the finale against Buffalo (1/1/06).

Key differences, the Buffalo game was on New Years Day, and that game started at 1 rather then 4:15.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not full? Thats shocking. I thought Jets fans were there through good times and bad?

Oh, it might rain?