Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will bringing Ryan in excite you?

Waterboy

Will bringing Ryan in excite you?

The strong rumor is he'll be hired by the jets. Based on what he's accomplished thus far, and his previous ties with Mangini, will you be excited at the prospect of him coming here?

I'm not sure if I'm buying that he'll make a big change and we'll be suddenly way better.

by the way, they mentioned Donnie Henderson as a possibility for one of the defensive coordinator's jobs - no the jets though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It wont make me sad.

But really, the Jets problem is (and has been) offensive production, i.e. scoring. Till that is fixed (hint, start with the O-line) I am unsure how much better this team can get.

Veteran

Banned
    No.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Along_for_the_Ride View Post
    The strong rumor is he'll be hired by the jets. Based on what he's accomplished thus far, and his previous ties with Mangini, will you be excited at the prospect of him coming here? I'm not sure if I'm buying that he'll make a big change and we'll be suddenly way better.

by the way, they mentioned Donnie Henderson as a possibility for one of the defensive coordinator's jobs - no the jets though.

Bring back Coach Crazy! I love it & if they can get Donnie Henderson back here, then do it in a NY minute! The players love him & he can only be an added asset to an already hard playing defense on the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Bring back Coach Crazy! I love it & if they can get Donnie Henderson back here, then do it in a NY minute! The players love him & he can only be an added asset to an already hard playing defense on the Jets.
    i can see Donnie Henderson and Vilma both being in Miami next season

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    i can see Donnie Henderson and Vilma both being in Miami next season

I heard Vilma flew in from Miami on December 30th for the Chiefs game allegedly to say goodbye to his team mates and friends he made over the past three years. As for Donnie Henderson, they should offer him a truckload of cash to take over for outgoing ST coach Mike Westoff. It is going 2 be a tall order replacing him but I think Henderson would be a perfect fit.

Hall Of Fame
    Not in itself, no.

But it, among other moves to improve our team overall sure would.

All Pro
    Yes I aw very excited. I read an article that Ryan had many 4-3 pieces in Oakland and was forced to run alot of 4 man fronts there.

So, I figure after this draft and FA acquisitions, we will have all the players to properly run a 3-4. The Ryan hiring could be a steal.

Rookie
    I might get more excited now that Miami fired Dom Capers. What about giving Dom a chance. Comments???

Rex > Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Along_for_the_Ride View Post
    The strong rumor is he'll be hired by the jets. Based on what he's accomplished thus far, and his previous ties with Mangini, will you be excited at the prospect of him coming here?

I'm not sure if I'm buying that he'll make a big change and we'll be suddenly way better.

Most definetely, he'll infuse the defense with some fire, something that's been sorely lacking in these parts since Donnie left.

Hall Of Fame
    He doesnt excite me ...but it is an upgrade from Sutton..at least he will be on the same page as Mangini as far as being a 3-4 coach...but he is not a miracle worker.. you are only as good as your players.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He doesnt excite me ...but it is an upgrade from Sutton..at least he will be on the same page as Mangini as far as being a 3-4 coach...but he is not a miracle worker.. you are only as good as your players.

+1. Ryan and Mangini would think exactly alike. Sutton and Mangini clearly were not thinking the same thing at times.

Ryan is also known as aggressive, right? I'm all for blitzing a little more with Harris and Rhodes if we improve other pieces of the D.

Overall, it's an upgrade, which this team can use. How big an upgrade ALSO depends on the pieces he and Mangini add to the D.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

watching his fat ass dance on the sidelines will be hilarious....

true story...

when he was with the Ravens he, his brother and some other really fat guy would go to the upper deck of the RCA Dome and have farting contests during combine workouts....people would be sitting there trying to time guys or watch them workout and there were the Ryan brothers- bursting out laughing as one would cut the cheese louder than the other....

another true story....

Wednesday night at the Senior Bowl is Alabama Seafood night....lot of fun and great food...Ryan shows up last year in a blue silk suit, boots, his long curly gray hair and wearing a blue t-shirt under his jacket....except the t-shirt must've been a xxxxxxxL and he's a xxxxxxxxL so his gut is hanging over his pants... he looked like an aged hipster, to steal a quote from Austin Powers...

Having Mangini and Ryan on the same page will certainly help. Sounds like he wasn't able to implement the defense he truly wanted in Oakland.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Ryan is a real DC, the son of a real DC

Sutton is an elevated LB coach who is out of his depth.

Yes im excited and Yes it would be an upgrade. Mangini won't have to worry about Sutton's every play call and can be a better HC.

All Pro
    Yes, it excites me. But it doesn't completely leave me feeling assured our defense will be force to be reckoned with, that comes down to the personel on the field, but Ryan does excite me that he'll make sure whoever is down there on gameday will be fired up and we'll hopefully get the best our of who we got

Rookie
    Excite me?, that maybe extreme, but I would be for it, but as others have said my enthusiasm for the move may be tempered given with what might or might not happen during the rest of the off season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Personally, I'd rather hire Rex and Rob Ryan. Now that would excite me.

Remember with Westhoff gone. The assistant head coach label is available. Sounds like a nice little tag to give to Rex. Let him and his brother run the defense.

I don't see the Ryan brothers package happening though. I am for the hire of Rob Ryan if he is available.

You gotta love the fact that Buddy Ryan has a superbowl ring with the Jets and was largely responsible for the gameplan against the Colts in superbowl 3.

The Jets need to upgrade their coaching staff but upgrading the talent is the most important thing.

The fact that Eric Mangini and Rob Ryan are close friends and close in philosophy. That doesn't hurt. It can only help but we still need more talent.