Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardy Declares

All League
    Charter JI Member

Hardy Declares

Not really a surprise here. Some projections have him going in the first round.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0601/80104039

Veteran
    this kid is 6'7???? OMG get this kid in green and white now, where is he going and Indiana what do you think of him??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Not really a surprise here. Some projections have him going in the first round.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...S0601/80104039

You have obviously been on him for a long time Indiana Jet, but I love this guy. I wonder what hes gonna run......

I see him as a first rounder, probably alot higher in the first round then most think.

Veteran
    really? first round, damn, I'd definetly take him with our second pick if he is still there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    late first rounder at best, will probably be on the board when the Jets pick at 2.6

there are alot of late first early 2nd WR in this year's crop, Hardy could be among them

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    really? first round, damn, I'd definetly take him with our second pick if he is still there.
    Like all Speed positions, gotta wait until workouts. I think hell have a good offseason.

Veteran
    I'd take him in a heartbeat at 2.6 especially if we take Gholston 1st round.

All League
    Charter JI Member

His draft position will turn on how fast he runs. (As will most WR draft positions).

Rumor is that he runs a high 4.4 low 4.5, but after watching him for the last three years i would not be surprised if he runs a high 4.6 either.

I'm back and forth with Hardy. I think he has a ton of upside and put up huge numbers without any real support in the IU offense. Kellen Lewis is a great runner, but isn't much of a passer which. IU also had no other recieving threat so defenses really could key on him. Some stopped him, others did not.

His poor performance in the Insight Bowl may hurt his stock, but OSU basically double teamed him the entire game.

I think he will definately be around for the Jets pick in the 2nd round and could make a great third option at WR for us. But again, if he runs a high 4.6 I don't see us touching him b/c at that speed he is bascially the same player as Cotchery.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

His draft position will turn on how fast he runs. (As will most WR draft positions).

Rumor is that he runs a high 4.4 low 4.5, but after watching him for the last three years i would not be surprised if he runs a high 4.6 either.

I'm back and forth with Hardy. I think he has a ton of upside and put up huge numbers without any real support in the IU offense. Kellen Lewis is a great runner, but isn't much of a passer which. IU also had no other recieving threat so defenses really could key on him. Some stopped him, others did not.

His poor performance in the Insight Bowl may hurt his stock, but OSU basically double teamed him the entire game.

I think he will definately be around for the Jets pick in the 2nd round and could make a great third option at WR for us. But again, if he runs a high 4.6 I don't see us touching him b/c at that speed he is bascially the same player as Cotchery.
    I like Hary but him running a 4.4 or 4.5 is just that, a rumor and nothing more...it's apparant on film he's a 4.65 guy.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I like Hary but him running a 4.4 or 4.5 is just that, a rumor and nothing more...it's apparant on film he's a 4.65 guy.....
    For a 6'6 guy who has monster strides, IMO that's not a huge issue. How quick and fluid he is in and out of breaks is what matters...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    For a 6'6 guy who has monster strides, IMO that's not a huge issue. How quick and fluid he is in and out of breaks is what matters...
    you just answered your question about his quickness mentioning his monster strides....

Veteran

well his size 6'7 alone separates him from Cotchery,from what I heard about Hardy is he is a hard nosed player and fights for the ball. With that being said, I would take him 2nd round for his speed and big play ability, something we dont have on offense right now.

All Pro
    you just answered your question about his quickness mentioning his monster strides....
    If he's slow and lumbers in and out of breaks, then how is he a good prospect?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    If he's slow and lumbers in and out of breaks, then how is he a good prospect?
    the fact he can outjump, out reach and out muscle everyone gives him a decided advantage.....

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins44 View Post

And, based on what I know, he's had some character issues at IU, to boot.
    Hardy had one problem while at IU - A domestic violence charge resulting from an argument with his girlfriend. However, when the facts all came out it was apparent that it wasn't a serious situation. In fact, he was placed on a diversion program and the charges were ultimately dismissed. If it were a real serious incident of him beating up his girl, he never would have recieved that deal.

Since then he has been a model citizen, so I don't think character issues will effect his draft status.

All Pro
    the fact he can outjump, out reach and out muscle everyone gives him a decided advantage.....
    Haven't watched much of Hardy yet- have some tapes from the Big Ten network so for now I'll take your word for it..

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know, whenever I watch him play I tend to think he's a Skinny Tight End at the next level. I don't particuarly think he has the speed to make it as more then a situational receiver.

Veteran
    Well, if we continue those horrible fade passes, maybe we can finally find someone to catch them.

Hardy vs Bowman

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/709182.html

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Well, if we continue those horrible fade passes, maybe we can finally find someone to catch them.

Hardy vs Bowman

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/709182.html
    that's literally the worse one-on-one comparison I've ever read...it's as though the writer has a vested interest in Bowman...

Hardy is a vertical threat??? Hary is not physical and struggles to get off jams??? Did this guy see him against Penn State and Justin King???

All Pro
    Everyone sees 6'7" and starts thinking Randy Moss. But he could just as easily be Matt Jones. Height is nice, but can be highly over-rated in a WR. So far he sounds like one of several WRs with 2nd round value in a weak draft that may push a few into the first round.

I'd love to see some video of him. Have to check and see if anything good is on youtube yet.