Thread: Jan. 2003 - Mangold on Wilfork, Vilma, Sean Taylor

JetsInsider.com Legend

Jan. 2003 - Mangold on Wilfork, Vilma, Sean Taylor

BTN (DirecTV 220) replaying the 2003 Fiesta Bowl right now. A truly great college football game, one for the ages. I just watched Ohio State score on a quarterback sneak being led by "the true freshman, Nick Mangold." The previous plays from inside the 5 yard line were runs stopped by Vince Wilfork, Jon Vilma and Sean Taylor of Miami. Talk about some big names in that game! That's a pretty nice defense up the middle with those 3 guys.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-04-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    NFL Network replaying the 2003 Fiesta Bowl right now. A truly great college football game, one for the ages. I just watched Ohio State score on a quarterback sneak being led by "the true freshman, Nick Mangold." The previous plays from inside the 5 yard line were runs stopped by Vince Wilfork, Jon Vilma and Sean Taylor of Miami. Talk about some big names in that game! That's a pretty nice defense up the middle with those 3 guys.
    NFL Network is playing the Oilers-Bills WC game from 1991, what channel are you watching?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    NFL Network is playing the Oilers-Bills WC game from 1991, what channel are you watching?
    Whoops. My bad, it's on BTN right now (220 on DirecTV). I had just switched from the Bills-Oilers game on 212. What is BTN anyway, Big Ten Network???

JetsFan2012
    Whoops. My bad, it's on BTN right now (220 on DirecTV). I had just switched from the Bills-Oilers game on 212. What is BTN anyway, Big Ten Network???
    Man I gotta get Direct TV, I miss out on all this stuff, including NFL Network

Hall Of Fame
    Lots of NFL talent in one CFB game. Miami's whole team is pretty much playing in the NFL now. Andre Johnson, Winslow, Parrish, McGahee, Gore, Vilma, Carey, Wilfork, Vilma, DJ Williams, Eric Winston, Taylor, Rolle ( I believe), Miami had a 34 game win streak coming in, that's insane.

Amazing how they didn't win this game, Maurice Clarett what a beast, waste of talent

All Pro
    Yea, it's Big Ten Network. I just tuned in, thanks for the heads up, Stream.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Lots of NFL talent in one CFB game. Miami's whole team is pretty much playing in the NFL now. Andre Johnson, Winslow, Parrish, McGahee, Gore, Vilma, Carey, Wilfork, Vilma, DJ Williams, Eric Winston, Taylor, Rolle ( I believe), Miami had a 34 game win streak coming in, that's insane.

Amazing how they didn't win this game, Maurice Clarett what a beast, waste of talent
    I was just going to comment on the crock of talent in Coral Gables during this year. We had a discussion about it a few weeks ago sparked by the passing of Taylor. This could be one of the most talented college football teams ever, but what do I know, I'm only 19.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mike Nugent just kicked off. They are playing the game again...back to back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Still mind boggling when you go back and look at some of those Miami rosters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Still mind boggling when you go back and look at some of those Miami rosters.
    I know. That was a NFL team they had on the field that night!

All League
    I remember Vilma laid a crazy hit on someone in that game. I think it was Clarett. That's probably why he wanted to leave the NCAA so badly. Then he realized Vilma was coming along so he turned to a life of crime. So sad.

All Pro
    Didn't Chris Gamble stood out for Ohio State in that game as a two way reveiver DB. Now he's a pro bowl cb