Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe It?

All League

Do You Believe It?

I was skimming another web site and came across this guy who said he worked at the Meadowlands and he was talking to someone about fights or something after the NE vs NYG game and a little bit down I found this statement he made. He is talking about Gate D and PSL's.

"You want to know why the NY Times ran that story? They ran it as a favor to Woody Johnson. Woody is on a quest to up the average ticket price and include PSLs in the new stadium. The Giants don't want PSLs. As a Giants fan I am proud of my owners. It is conflicting for me to have to work there and interact though, especially on gameday. But for Jets fans they have Woody who is going to screw them every chance he gets."

Can Woody do this by himself to just Jet fans? Or do the both the Jets & Giants have to both agree to have PSLs?

All Pro
    At this point, can you really put anything behind Woody? I wish the Jets were a family ran organization, because like the Giants, they wouldn't be out to screw the fans.

All Pro
    Link?

All League
    The Pats reign began when they were lucky enough to find an owner who was a fan with a LOT of money.

Where it gets troublesome is when you get an owner who is a fan AND who interferes, or a guy who is so rich his team is just a corporate perk to show off, and is just another profit center.

The Pats got lucky and got the guy in the middle, who has the love of a fan for his team, and one who has the money to build the stadium, and pay the players....and has the management skills to put the right manangememt policies in place.

End RESULT: The best team in the NFL....CONSISTENTLY! A new stadium built WITHOUT public money, and NO PSLs. The only complaint that I have is that they couldn't get the stadium done IN Boston, but in the great scheme of things...its a small complaint.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Say what you want about the Giants, but when it comes to team ownership, they've got us by a landslide.

I would swap Woodrow for the Maras(and Tischs) every day of the week, especially Sunday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    The Pats reign began when they were lucky enough to find an owner who was a fan with a LOT of money.

Where it gets troublesome is when you get an owner who is a fan AND who interferes, or a guy who is so rich his team is just a corporate perk to show off, and is just another profit center.

The Pats got lucky and got the guy in the middle, who has the love of a fan for his team, and one who has the money to build the stadium, and pay the players....and has the management skills to put the right manangememt policies in place.

End RESULT: The best team in the NFL....CONSISTENTLY! A new stadium built WITHOUT public money, and NO PSLs. The only complaint that I have is that they couldn't get the stadium done IN Boston, but in the great scheme of things...its a small complaint.
    Thats terrific.

Now go suck a cawk.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet View Post
    Thats terrific.

Now go suck a cawk.
    As usual, great anlaysis on your part.

Strong post.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124 View Post
    At this point, can you really put anything behind Woody? I wish the Jets were a family ran organization, because like the Giants, they wouldn't be out to screw the fans.

The Maras and Rooney's are a dying breed. Being replaced by corporate greed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Strong post.
    well....at least he wrote it with a ma$$hole accent....

JetsFan2012

Strong post.
    Irony makes Baby Jesus cry.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I fail to see the irony of my post.

All Pro
    I fail to see the irony of my post.
    Your posts never have any insightful analysis. Get it?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124 View Post

Don't say that to Chicago Bear fans who despise the McCaskey family that owns the Bears......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    The Maras and Rooney's are a dying breed. Being replaced by corporate greed.
    Rooney can afford not to be 'greedy'. His city already built him a stadium and the family bought the franchise for what, 100k? COmpare that to Woody. Paid 600M fopr the franchise and is paying another Billion or so for the stadium / west side project.

It'll be years before he makes close to the same margin as the maras or Rooneys do.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgater View Post
    Rooney can afford not to be 'greedy'. His city already built him a stadium and the family bought the franchise for what, 100k? COmpare that to Woody. Paid 600M fopr the franchise and is paying another Billion or so for the stadium / west side project.

It'll be years before he makes close to the same margin as the maras or Rooneys do.
    I think you confusing something because Dan Rooney is son of Art Rooney who founded the Steelers.

And I doubt your talking the Maras because Tim Mara founded the Giants, then his son Wellington Mara took over like Dan Rooney did for the Steelers. Wellington Mara passed away a couple years ago and his son John Mara took control of the Giants.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    I was skimming another web site and came across this guy who said he worked at the Meadowlands and he was talking to someone about fights or something after the NE vs NYG game and a little bit down I found this statement he made. He is talking about Gate D and PSL's.

"You want to know why the NY Times ran that story? They ran it as a favor to Woody Johnson. Woody is on a quest to up the average ticket price and include PSLs in the new stadium. The Giants don't want PSLs. As a Giants fan I am proud of my owners. It is conflicting for me to have to work there and interact though, especially on gameday. But for Jets fans they have Woody who is going to screw them every chance he gets."

Can Woody do this by himself to just Jet fans? Or do the both the Jets & Giants have to both agree to have PSLs?
    Makes you wish the Hess family still owned the Jets. Woody is the opposite of Leon Hess. Leon's one fault was he was to loyal.

Moderator VIP Visionary

Strong post.
    The editorial content transcended the need for further analysis. The judges found that the aw sound in CAWK was very representitive of a NE fan's common speech pattern. And since this is a Jets board, the judges decided KJ's response appropriate.

Thanks for playing!

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

All Pro
    They are both seperate entities whne it comes to psl's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    The editorial content transcended the need for further analysis. The judges found that the aw sound in CAWK was very representitive of a NE fan's common speech pattern. And since this is a Jets board, the judges decided KJ's response appropriate.

Thanks for playing!
    Very good WCO.