Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought a 2007 V6 Mustang 5-speed in September, already wishing I had a GT. advice???

All League

Unhappy Bought a 2007 V6 Mustang 5-speed in September, already wishing I had a GT. advice???

So, I've always wanted a Mustang and last September I went for it and bought a brand new 2007 V6 Alloy, fully loaded. installed a Hurst shifter and have been loving it.

but...in the back of my mind I keep wishing I had just went for the GT.

V6 - 210 HP
    V8 - 300 HP

If I was to trade in my 2007 V6 for say a 2005 V8 how would I go about the loans and all that and how much would I lose???

or

I coulda buy a super - charger for the V6 giving it 400 HP for around $5,000

any advice or thoughts on what you would do?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Your 1st problem was buying a Rustang in the 1st place.

And on top of that u got a V-6?

All League
    Ha, I knew a few people who did the same thing you did and wanted the V8.

In terms of money, the Miles on your car and the car your going to buy is the main focus.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Ha, I knew a few people who did the same thing you did and wanted the V8.

In terms of money, the Miles on your car and the car your going to buy is the main focus.
    my car has about 4500 miles on it.

i'd buy any 5 speed GT 2005-2007 with less than 20K miles

All Pro
    Dude the only reason you would of got the 6 instead of the 8 is money.

You will take a bath to sell your car, if you paid 25 then it is now worth 18.

I could be wrong.

Be aware if you supercharge the engine then you void all warranties.

Veteran
    sell it and take the money you get and add some of your own then try to buy a used subaru wrx sti... much more fun to drive

Mustangs are ass. Like the poster above said, STI's are ridiculous.

eLOT

All League
    Just look into it. I cant tell you how it will work in terms of loans and such but basically just look for the car you want, see the prices and then see what you would get for yours, and from there figure out how much more your gonna have to take out, it might not raise your monthly amount as much as you think. But just know you more than likely will lose money in this. Whenever you do car swapping you usually lose. But then you have to figure if its worth it to you to have a car youll enjoy more. My Girlfriend just got an 07 GT over the summer and the sound alone is worth it over the v6, not to mention the extra 90hp. Just wish she didn't get automatic. You could also just try and talk to your dealership, they usually will do whatever they can to get you in the car you want. You just have to keep your head on and make sure you follow where every penny they mention is really going.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post

eLOT

STI's are ridiculous, but keep in mind how easy it is to modify a car that comes turbocharged out of the box. I know plenty of fox body stangs that will destroy STi's.
    Last edited by DE94Abraham; 01-05-2008 at 08:46 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post

eLOT
    And most Mustang owners will say that STI's are ass... including me. To each his own.

I've got an '02 GT, 5-spd. Like the poster above me said, the sound alone is worth it. I can't give you any advice on how to go about upgrading (finance-wise), but I can give a personal testimonial that a GT is WORTH the extra money. Mechanically, supercharging your V6 is "gay", to put it in an immature way. Sure, it might be faster than the V8, but you're still going to have an engine that sounds like a vacuum cleaner with a whine. I don't know if the 4.0 block can handle that big of a supercharger anyway, you might have to forge the internals.

Get the V8

get a Suzuki YZF

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AJAX40 View Post
    get a Suzuki YZF

====================================

Honda CRF!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet View Post
    So, I've always wanted a Mustang and last September I went for it and bought a brand new 2007 V6 Alloy, fully loaded. installed a Hurst shifter and have been loving it.

but...in the back of my mind I keep wishing I had just went for the GT.

V6 - 210 HP
    V8 - 300 HP

If I was to trade in my 2007 V6 for say a 2005 V8 how would I go about the loans and all that and how much would I lose???

or

I coulda buy a super - charger for the V6 giving it 400 HP for around $5,000

any advice or thoughts on what you would do?

You put a supercharger in that you basically have a buick grand national very fast car..Though you would have been better off buying the actual grand national. If you plan on keeping the car buy a used supercharger of e bay or find a suspect area of town where things come alot cheaper with cash. My grand national smokes gt's all day every day since 89.

All Pro
    think about the money you're saving in gas and how much pollution you're putting into the air and you'll feel better about the v6

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    think about the money you're saving in gas and how much pollution you're putting into the air and you'll feel better about the v6
    gas+insurance+overall cost were reason I went V6. it's power in it's own right, especially the manual transmisson but i just think constantly I could have more. but i guess that's always the case. i could have a sbelby GT500, could have a BMW, ferrari. when does it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    You put a supercharger in that you basically have a buick grand national very fast car..Though you would have been better off buying the actual grand national. If you plan on keeping the car buy a used supercharger of e bay or find a suspect area of town where things come alot cheaper with cash. My grand national smokes gt's all day every day since 89.
    listen you sumb!tch - there aint no way you are driving that piece of sh!t on my highway

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by oh well okay View Post
    listen you sumb!tch - there aint no way you are driving that piece of sh!t on my highway
    I'll ask you not to use that language as i have my son in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfbYpUWMwm4
    Last edited by thebigragu; 01-06-2008 at 01:10 AM.

i really dont see the point of having a v8 engine. its not like you are a racer. it just uses u more gas and gives you more tickets.

Waterboy
    The new Mustang "Steve McQueen" Billet is coming out, does that have a V-8?

Go to edmunds and campare your v-6 trade in to the new v-8 and that will be the approximate financial hit.

Charter JI Member
    I rented a Mustang in Fla in Nov...I loved the look of the car but it was a piece of crap imho. Very dissapointed in it's handling and build quality, I drive an M3 so I may be somewhat jaded.

If you want a "muscle car" wait for the Challanger coming out this fall, I think there is a new Camaro coming out as well soon. The Mustang with the big engine will sound great and go straight fast, other than that it's probably a dangerous car.