Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: did mangini bench chad because.....

did mangini bench chad because.....

I Think Mangini benched Chad because he didnt fell like getting his franchise qb hurt because of a weakened O-line and also let him regain his arm strength back again so next year he can be more effective. I still believe in Chad. I dont believe the arm strength bull that the announcers say. they make it seem like chad has the weakest arm theve ever seen in NFL history. bill walsh even said" arm strength is overated" I think if you put some play makers around chad he will be VERY sucessful. How many times in a game are u gonna throw a 70 yard bomb?

Banned
    A year ago, 75% of the board would have agreed with the OP.

Now it's something like 15%.

70 yard bombs arent what they are talkin about, the 15 yard sideline pattterns need a strong arm, cause if you float it out there those fast safeties are gonna be bringin them the other way all night long. The QB's job is to put the ball where only his WR can get to, and alot of the time you gotta put some speed on the ball. And i dont think chad is a franchise QB, i think hes gonna stick around as a mentor/teacher for either kellen, or for the next QB we bring in

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post

dude this is a Jets message board Just saying how I feel. is that allowed?

why dont you just let him ask his question ikey? you dont have to put up those pics just cause you dont care

Hall Of Fame
    Chad pennington in 2008, the op knows his stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    dude this is a Jets message board Just saying how I feel. is that allowed?
    Yes, we are supposed to believe Mangini benched Chad because he wanted him to rest his arm for next year. Not because of all those pick-6's thrown in the fourth quater that gave the opposition win after win.

Hall Of Fame
    going back to the bar in 10 minutes, I just want to say I love chad pennington bring him back for 2008 so he can show brady , farve , manning what's up.

Yes, we are supposed to believe Mangini benched Chad because he wanted him to rest his arm for next year. Not because of all those pick-6's thrown in the fourth quater that gave the opposition win after win.
    If you watch the games the DEFENSE couldnt hold the lead. Yea thats chads fault he went on defense and called a poor game

Hall Of Fame
    I think it had something to do with his ineffective play, inability to make all of the NFL throws, poor decision making and abysmal performances in high-pressure situations.

Or maybe its what you said, and it was just a coincidence that it took place in a game where Chad lead the offense to a whopping 3 points. It was also probably a coincidence that Clemens won 3 times as many game in less starts.

Hall Of Fame
    If you watch the games the DEFENSE couldnt hold the lead. Yea thats chads fault he went on defense and called a poor game
    The defense and Chad both sucked. Chad was benched because he didn't produce. Amazing how someone who has done so little in his career gets a free pass, you'd think the guy has actually won something the way people will always defend him.

Banned
    The defense and Chad both sucked. Chad was benched because he didn't produce. Amazing how someone who has done so little in his career gets a free pass, you'd think the guy has actually won something the way people will always defend him.
    In this day of bad character athletes, people are charmed by his wholesome spirit and attitude. That's why some continue to ignore his limitations, although I have no idea how that's possible anymore after this season.

Defense helps your offense and likewise.....Let me ask u somethin you put chad behind the pats oline (they always get the holding penalty breaks) and the defense that creates turnovers youll have very sucessful QB Chad cant do it on his own he needs playmakers

Hall Of Fame
    Defense helps your offense and likewise.....Let me ask u somethin you put chad behind the pats oline (they always get the holding penalty breaks) and the defense that creates turnovers youll have very sucessful QB Chad cant do it on his own he needs playmakers
    What can I say, I admire your loyalty, I'll tell you that.

Hall Of Fame
    The defense? Really? Let's take a look at how many points the offense scored in each game under Chad:

vs Patriots - 14 points
    vs MIA - 24 points (another 7 points contributed by a Leon Washington KR TD)
    @ BUF - 14 points (Chad also threw an INT that gave Buffalo the ball on the 25 to give them a TD, and a second when driving for the tie / win at the end of the game)
    @ NYG - 10 points (Rhodes returned a fumble for another TD, and Washington had a KR TD. Chad also threw one INT returned for a TD, as well as another two in the game, one of which was into the endzone which cost the Jets points.)
    vs PHI - 9 points
    vs CIN - 31 points (8 came in garbage time, Chad threw an INT returned for a TD to put the game out of reach in the end.)
    vs BUF - 3 points
    vs NE - 3 points (another 7 pts came on a blocked punt return)
    vs TEN - 6 points

So to sum up, in 9 games, the Chad-lead offense put up TWO outings that weren't complete pathetic disasters. One of those the Jets won and the other the defense admittedly played bad, but Chad also contributed greatly to that loss.

Chad is a washed-up bum, period.

What can I say, I admire your loyalty, I'll tell you that.
    thanks man, but seriously if he has a good supporting cast i believe chad can successfull

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    Chad is a washed-up bum, period.
    *But he's a nice guy and good citizen off the field.

You must mention this whenever you bash his football acumen.

Hall Of Fame
    *But he's a nice guy and good citizen off the field.

You must mention this whenever you bash his football acumen.
    Right, forgot about that. Thanks for the help Ikey. Perhaps I'll just put that in my sig that way I won't have to remember to type it every time.

Banned

Banned
    With the right pieces around me, I would make a great RB.

I just need the right pieces surrounding me!