Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubin

All Pro

Rubin

Can someone tell me what the man in my sig weighed in at, and his arm Length, Hand etc?

He came late to the Senior Bowl so I really dont know what he weighed in at.

Also, While Im starting a thread on him where do you guys have him going right now? Do teams look at 3-4 NT's like a different position(Apples vs Oranges) to regular DT's?

If this is a system specific scouting for us, I can easily see him being worth our second round pick(Or as high as Miami's), but if were just going off of DT rankings he goes much later as hes probably somwhere around the 6-8th DT for most guys...

All League
    I don't know what you see in him other than his height and his weight.

His stats are very pedestrian and he JUCO-ed, which doesn't bode well for Mangini I wouldn't think.

I'm not being Debbie Downer, I just want to know what YOU see.

All Pro
    I know Red Bryant's a hot name right now. Why do you like Rubin over him? Are they both reaches with our high 2nd rounder given there will be some serious talent there?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet View Post

His stats are very pedestrian and he JUCO-ed, which doesn't bode well for Mangini I wouldn't think.

There's your mistake there. Vince Wilfork and Jamal Williams do not put up gaudy stats.

David Harris: In my opinion, I like Rubin over Bryant simply because of leverage. Bryant seems powerful but plays too high and often doesn't get underneath the pads of the guard/center which is necessary for a 3-4 NT. I haven't seen enough of Rubin, but I can say that from what i've seen of Bryant the guy is not a 3-4 NT.
    Last edited by genom; 01-26-2008 at 02:29 PM.

All Pro
    Henry SMith looked more impressive than Bryant in the games I watched.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Rubin didn't publically weigh in at Mobile but he did at East/West. I am asking my sources who were there and will post when i hear something.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet View Post

I have only seen him at the Senior Bowl, and EW shrine game. I am fully trusting CBNY's eyes on this one. Not for value(CBNY is not saying Where, just what his opinion on the player)..I think hell go in second based on the buzz on him.

For what CBNY detailed thoughts are PLEASE do a search, and Bump his thread on Rubin. He watched a bunch of tapes a few weeks back, and broke him down. ALso in the "Ask a CBNY, or Draftdaddy" you can see his latest responce on Rubin.

It seems like we actually have a Legit NT prospect. Finally a square peg, for our gigantic square hole. I will be hoping till draft day we get him even if we have to reach--These guys are so rare now a days.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    e/w

33 5/8 arms
    10 1/2 hands

made a key stop on 4th down in the game tonight - very stout

All Pro
    reguardless of what happens this off.. who what and where

we need

X FACTOR WR
    LG - RT

DEFENSIVLY

NT, DE, OLB, ILB, FS, CB

Hall Of Fame
    I <3 me some Rubin.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Is Rubin getting a lot of buzz outside of Jet fans? How far up could he move? Are we going to need to move up into the first to get him?

Makes a possible trade with Dallas even more palatable if we feel we need to snag Rubin in the late 1st with Dallas' 2nd pick.

KR seems to think the OT are flying up the board as well from his mock. Turning out first pick into Williams and Rubin could be very nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Henry SMith looked more impressive than Bryant in the games I watched.
    I agree with you but Bryant turned heads last week...no doubt...

the $64 million question for him and Dre' Moore was if the light has finally gone on for them or was last week a flash in the pan to make some money in the draft and they will eventually go back to being lazy underachievers...

only time will tell....

the other thought process on Bryant was he's had knee problems and he may have finally been healthy last week...I don't buy it completely as he had knee problems in '06 but was a dog last year so I don't know one month off really mattered...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    e/w

33 5/8 arms
    10 1/2 hands

made a key stop on 4th down in the game tonight - very stout
    Thanks Bit.

Pretty Big arms for his size...Big Hands.

Quote Originally Posted by genom View Post
    There's your mistake there. Vince Wilfork and Jamal Williams do not put up gaudy stats..
    Yah, but Wilfork was very impressive statistically in college.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
    Yah, but Wilfork was very impressive statistically in college.
    Wilfork played in a 4-3 at the U.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'll tell you one thing, if we don't walk out of this draft with either Ellis or Rubin I'm gonna be pissed.

We have the chance to finally bring in a legit 3-4 NT prospect and if we pass up the opportunity, I'm gonna snap.

I don't think I can handle another year of Dewayne getting thrown around like a ragdoll. We need an immovable object in the middle of the D-line. A guy who can consistently tie up multiple blockers and clog the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'll tell you one thing, if we don't walk out of this draft with either Ellis or Rubin I'm gonna be pissed.

We have the chance to finally bring in a legit 3-4 NT prospect and if we pass up the opportunity, I'm gonna snap.

I don't think I can handle another year of Dewayne getting thrown around like a ragdoll. We need an immovable object in the middle of the D-line. A guy who can consistently tie up multiple blockers and clog the middle.
    Agreed. We need to draft someone this year to bring along for the NT position. There are a few options this year and probably not many options through free agency. There are alot of questions regarding Ellis and if he can play the nose in the 3-4 so maybe the Jets shy away from taking him. But Rubin or Moore or Bryant...I say we see who is there in the 3rd and nab one of them. Not sure if those guys are 2nd round talents. We would be reaching a little too much.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I agree with you but Bryant turned heads last week...no doubt...

the $64 million question for him and Dre' Moore was if the light has finally gone on for them or was last week a flash in the pan to make some money in the draft and they will eventually go back to being lazy underachievers...

only time will tell....

the other thought process on Bryant was he's had knee problems and he may have finally been healthy last week...I don't buy it completely as he had knee problems in '06 but was a dog last year so I don't know one month off really mattered...
    Well, with Gabe Watson I called him a turd all through the draft process so I don't know what to think. I thought Moore did do some things on film that caught my eye though...Bryant- not so much

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Drob may over-run the play or slant the wrong direction, but he never gets thrown around.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Drob may over-run the play or slant the wrong direction, but he never gets thrown around.
    no....just bull rushed off the line some five yards....