Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mayock comments just now on 3-4 NT?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940

    Mayock comments just now on 3-4 NT?

    DId he just say twice that Sedrick Ellis is a better fit for a 34 NT? Dorsey is more of a penetrator?

    Also that Harrison is one too?

    Btw, Does anyone like Trent Dilfer? I think I like him.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Barnegat,NJ
    Posts
    704
    Elliss reminds me to much of Robertson, too small fo NG!!!

  3. #3
    Indeed Mayock just made a few mentions of Ellis being a 3-4 NT. I think he was referring to Harrison as a 3-4 DE. I tend to put alot of weight into Mayock's comments as he lives for the draft and watches tons of tape on these kids. If he is sold on Ellis being a 3-4 NT than maybe we are wrong by thinking Ellis is too small. #6 overall might be too high for a 3-4 NT but there are lots of teams running the 3-4 these days and we really need a good NT.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    DId he just say twice that Sedrick Ellis is a better fit for a 34 NT? Dorsey is more of a penetrator?

    Also that Harrison is one too?

    Btw, Does anyone like Trent Dilfer? I think I like him.
    Correction he then said there are two type of 3-4's...Ellis is better for the 1 gap where he can slant and twist.

    Just like Robertson....I wish we were a 1 gap team.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    Correction he then said there are two type of 3-4's...Ellis is better for the 1 gap where he can slant and twist.

    Just like Robertson....I wish we were a 1 gap team.
    We might be if & when we get a new DC.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    We might be if & when we get a new DC.
    You really think Mangini lets a guy i.e. Rob Ryan switch back to the 43 D??

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    You really think Mangini lets a guy i.e. Rob Ryan switch back to the 43 D??
    I think he means a 1 gap 3-4 like Dallas runs.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,272
    What about a guy like Joe Bryant from A & M? Could he be picked up in round 2 or 3? He's 6'4" and weighs about 330 I think? I watched a few games last season where he is surely a dominant run stuffer. Do any of you draft gurus know much about him?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    Btw, Does anyone like Trent Dilfer? I think I like him.
    Mike & Mike were singing the praises of Dilfer this week. Dilfer made some poignant comments about what he felt the turning point for Eli Manning was this year. Mike & Mike both agreed that Dilfer said it better than anyone else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us