Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mock Vol II (January 30)

All League

The Mock Vol II (January 30)

2008 Free Agent Signings
    OG Alan Faneca- The Jets push hard for this guy. Tannebaum looked like a moron last year by not giving Kendall a 1mil raise, now we have perhaps the worst o-line (again) in the NFL. Faneca will be looking to cash-in, but he is a leader and a proven player and winner. It looks like Chad is the man next year, and with Chad, YOU MUST HAVE A RUNNING GAME. There was a time Chad Pennington was a good QB... He had a Hall of Famer standing behind him every play.

CB Randall Gay
    - We make a run at Asante Samuel, but he signs with the Dolphins. Randall Gay is the most underrated CB I've seen in a while and will get more playing time with Mangini... oh yeah, a lot more money too.

WR Devery Henderson- I'll never forget the Bluegrass Miracle. This kid has explosiveness that very few have. He is needed for this offense, not only to flash a spark, but to open up the running game. He doesn't have ANY SIZE or tougnness, or push, or anyhting else really... but the kid can run.

2008 NFL Draft
    Round 1, pick 6- DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State- He's played with the best of them. He has shown he can take over games and can not only make an impact as a pass rusher, but he can take over a screen play and drop back into coverage. A "Leo" standout who can be the next Michael Strahan if is potential fills out.

Round 2- OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan- That's right, we're greedy. We need as much push as possible on D, and this guy can bring it hard. He had 28 tackles for loss his senior year. There has been questions about his motor, that's bull****. If he plays for Mangini he WILL be motivated and he WILL play hard.

Round 3- DT Trevor Laws, Notre Dame- He's undersized. He's 6'1" 295lb, BUT HE'S WORTH IT. I don't like drafting Gelnn Dorsey in round 1 at 6'1 282lb and I certainly don't like Ellis in round1 at 6'1 285lb. BOTH will not lead up to their potential. An underseized DT, who's a beast, (in colllege) should be take in the mid-rounds. Trevor Laws had 112 tackles (that's ****ing insane, especially for an interior lineamn who's team sucks). I trust the Notre Dame Scouts just as much as LSU and USC and this kids was more productive as far as making plays than Glenn Dorsey and Ellis were put together.

Round 4- S Tom Zibikowski, Notre Dame- We give this kid a shot to make the team. He's a tough kid and hard worker. I love Coleman, but he's limited, and I hope Darnell Bing lives up to half of his potenital, but with Kerry Rhodes on one side- we need as much depth on the other side as possible. T-ZIB ain't afraid to put a lick on anyone, especially if he's benched.

Round 5- QB Sam Keller, Nebraska- Time to get Chad and Kellen nervous. Sam Keller is good value in round 5, so it probably won't happen, but he shows a lot of potential. He's 6'4" 230lb, that's very good size for a QB. He had an outstanding sophmore year with 20 TD and only 9 INTs. He was out last year with shoulder surgery, but we're used to that around here. Came back strong last year with 14 TDs and 10 INTS... the kid gets hurt, I'm not gonna lie, but he has potential.

Round 6- OG Andrew Bain, Miami- He's big. 6'3" 340lb.
    Round 7- DT Chris Norwell, Illinois- Had a big year in 2006... 42 tackles-12.5 for loss- 5 sacks.

Cuts
    CB David Barrett
    WR Justin McCareins
    DT DeWayne Roberston
    OT Anthony Clement
    OLB Hobson

Starting Line-up
    QB- Chad Pennington
    ----Kellen Clemens
    ----------Sam Keller

RB- Thomas Jones
    ----Leon Washington

WR- Coles
    WR2- Cotch
    WR3- Hendo

TE- Baker

LT- Brick
    LG- Alan Faneca
    C- Mangold
    RG- Moore
    RT- Jacob Bender

DE- Vernon Gholston
    DT- Trevor Laws
    DT- Sione Pouha
    DE- Ellis
    OLB- Shawn Crable
    MLB- David Harris
    MLB- Vilma
    ROLB- Barton
    CB- Darrell Revis
    CB- Rondall Gay
    CB- Dyson/Poteat
    FS- Coleman/Zib
    SS- Rhodes/Smith

KR- Miller/ Leon
    PR- Leon/ Zib.

All Pro
    I don't know where you got those weights for Dorsey and Ellis but they're incorrect.

The Big 10 is "the best of them." And that might be the first and last time I hear Gholston compared to Michael Strahan.

And your starting defense is apparently a 4-4-5...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    I don't know where you got those weights for Dorsey and Ellis but they're incorrect.
    what are they then

Veteran
    ellis came into the senior bowl at 308 pounds and mayock said he is a good fit for NT in the 3-4

also you do know we run a 3-4 not a 4-3, gholston would be a outside LB and can all of you notre dame fans stop overrating trevor laws, he is not that good

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

jacob bender as our starting OT? god help us all..

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    2008 Free Agent Signings
    OG Alan Faneca- The Jets push hard for this guy. Tannebaum looked like a moron last year by not giving Kendall a 1mil raise, now we have perhaps the worst o-line (again) in the NFL. Faneca will be looking to cash-in, but he is a leader and a proven player and winner. It looks like Chad is the man next year, and with Chad, YOU MUST HAVE A RUNNING GAME.
    Love the Crable pick JG..

as far as chad goes, look at Eli Manning.. looks great getting 140 rushing yards of support every game. It's about time he's learned how to manage a game and not make mistakes with the team he's been surrounded by, if you ask me..

I've never seen such a great rushing attack be so undervalued by the masses. Nobody mentions how great that O line has been for years now, or mention the bradshaw/jacobs combo as being great.. and how the Defense along with a dominant rushing attack have really fueled the NYG through a weak NFC.

The media and fans give all the credit to Eli. I give credit to defeating the Cowboys.. The Bucs and the Pack are a joke.. Who did GB play all year??

But anyway this all brings me to the fact that we need an O line like the Giants.. and upgrades Defensively.. and another playmaker.

Lets go Jets

All Pro
    I like Crable also and would love the jets to draft him. crable, vrable whats the difference??

All League
    I see flaws in the lineup - and not enough upgrades in talent. The Faneca signing is great, but you cant stop upgrading our OL with just him. Your leaving yourself open to another failure in Bender playing RT - he had little if any experience there last year, and he couldnt unseat Clement during the course of the year - what makes you think an offseason is going to change that?

Gay isn't a strating caliber CB, not enough speed to compete with #2 WR's. While I like him as an additional CB, just not enough for him to replace Dyson for the #2 CB. For the same money you can go for the Raiders Nnamdi Asomugha. As far as D Henderson - he is probably a good 3rd down slot receiver but is he better than what we have in Chansi Stuckey?

As far as the draft, Gholston is just ok at 6. I like him, and if we addressed the NT position at some point he could make a difference.

How can you bypass a RT with the second pick? Especially for an OLB?
    An undersized DT, umm dont we have one in Drob? Where do you project him to play? DE? Bad choice.

Rounds 4-5-6
    At this point unless someone fell due to pre-combine injury you usually go with the BPA theory. I cant fault any picks here, but I would think if I'm the GM, WR/RB and more O-lineman.

All League
    ghoulston is too small to play DE in the 3-4 so if we do pick him, we have to go OL or NT in rd 2.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    2008 Free Agent Signings
    OG Alan Faneca- The Jets push hard for this guy. Tannebaum looked like a moron last year by not giving Kendall a 1mil raise, now we have perhaps the worst o-line (again) in the NFL. Faneca will be looking to cash-in, but he is a leader and a proven player and winner. It looks like Chad is the man next year, and with Chad, YOU MUST HAVE A RUNNING GAME. There was a time Chad Pennington was a good QB... He had a Hall of Famer standing behind him every play.

CB Randall Gay
    - We make a run at Asante Samuel, but he signs with the Dolphins. Randall Gay is the most underrated CB I've seen in a while and will get more playing time with Mangini... oh yeah, a lot more money too.

WR Devery Henderson- I'll never forget the Bluegrass Miracle. This kid has explosiveness that very few have. He is needed for this offense, not only to flash a spark, but to open up the running game. He doesn't have ANY SIZE or tougnness, or push, or anyhting else really... but the kid can run.

2008 NFL Draft
    Round 1, pick 6- DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State- He's played with the best of them. He has shown he can take over games and can not only make an impact as a pass rusher, but he can take over a screen play and drop back into coverage. A "Leo" standout who can be the next Michael Strahan if is potential fills out.

Round 2- OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan- That's right, we're greedy. We need as much push as possible on D, and this guy can bring it hard. He had 28 tackles for loss his senior year. There has been questions about his motor, that's bull****. If he plays for Mangini he WILL be motivated and he WILL play hard.

Round 3- DT Trevor Laws, Notre Dame- He's undersized. He's 6'1" 295lb, BUT HE'S WORTH IT. I don't like drafting Gelnn Dorsey in round 1 at 6'1 282lb and I certainly don't like Ellis in round1 at 6'1 285lb. BOTH will not lead up to their potential. An underseized DT, who's a beast, (in colllege) should be take in the mid-rounds. Trevor Laws had 112 tackles (that's ****ing insane, especially for an interior lineamn who's team sucks). I trust the Notre Dame Scouts just as much as LSU and USC and this kids was more productive as far as making plays than Glenn Dorsey and Ellis were put together.

Round 4- S Tom Zibikowski, Notre Dame- We give this kid a shot to make the team. He's a tough kid and hard worker. I love Coleman, but he's limited, and I hope Darnell Bing lives up to half of his potenital, but with Kerry Rhodes on one side- we need as much depth on the other side as possible. T-ZIB ain't afraid to put a lick on anyone, especially if he's benched.

Round 5- QB Sam Keller, Nebraska- Time to get Chad and Kellen nervous. Sam Keller is good value in round 5, so it probably won't happen, but he shows a lot of potential. He's 6'4" 230lb, that's very good size for a QB. He had an outstanding sophmore year with 20 TD and only 9 INTs. He was out last year with shoulder surgery, but we're used to that around here. Came back strong last year with 14 TDs and 10 INTS... the kid gets hurt, I'm not gonna lie, but he has potential.

Round 6- OG Andrew Bain, Miami- He's big. 6'3" 340lb.
    Round 7- DT Chris Norwell, Illinois- Had a big year in 2006... 42 tackles-12.5 for loss- 5 sacks.

Cuts
    CB David Barrett
    WR Justin McCareins
    DT DeWayne Roberston
    OT Anthony Clement
    OLB Hobson

Starting Line-up
    QB- Chad Pennington
    ----Kellen Clemens
    ----------Sam Keller

RB- Thomas Jones
    ----Leon Washington

WR- Coles
    WR2- Cotch
    WR3- Hendo

TE- Baker

LT- Brick
    LG- Alan Faneca
    C- Mangold
    RG- Moore
    RT- Jacob Bender

DE- Vernon Gholston
    DT- Trevor Laws
    DT- Sione Pouha
    DE- Ellis
    OLB- Shawn Crable
    MLB- David Harris
    MLB- Vilma
    ROLB- Barton
    CB- Darrell Revis
    CB- Rondall Gay
    CB- Dyson/Poteat
    FS- Coleman/Zib
    SS- Rhodes/Smith

KR- Miller/ Leon
    PR- Leon/ Zib.
    LOL.... with posts like these, your screen name never ceases to amaze me.

Can we stop with Randall Gay...why why do we want to start one of their second stringers.

I don't love the Ghoston pick. I like it more if he's used at ILB, (his only real pass rushing move is a bull rush/which can be used just as effective at ILB...But is he too stiff in the hips for ILB? Proabably

I don't like Laws (for this D)

everything else looks really good
    Last edited by HessStation; 01-30-2008 at 08:26 PM.

That explains our poor defensive performance last season. We were playing with 11 instead of 13. Damn that Bob Sutton.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Big 10 is "the best of them." And that might be the first and last time I hear Gholston compared to Michael Strahan.

Tell us how you really feel...

All Pro
    Pretty terrible. Henderson can't catch. 2 players from a brutally bad ND team
    and worst of all, your starting lineup has the Noodle in in.

All League
    GENIUS!!!

Veteran
    If Coleman is limited than what does that make TZ? I'd rather have a limited player than a god-awful player.

Hall Of Fame

Don't worry, even with 13 guys they'd be unable to stop the run with those DT's.

I can't say that I like it.

Faneca and Gholsten are probably the most overrated FA and overrated colege prospects available.

Gay and Henderson might not be upgrades over what we have now.

Crable might be a decent pick if you didn't alreadt take Gholsten in round one (Bryan Thomas isn't going anywhere with his new contract).

Jacob Bender did nothing last year to earn a guard spot let alone starting right tackle.

Maybe we go 6-10 with an easier schedule than last year if our offseason goes this way.

Veteran
    I'm a big fan of this pick.

Hall Of Fame
    It looks like Chad is the man next year
    Please do explain.