Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Francessa: Another 10 years of Eli...Jets will be ruined

All League

Francessa: Another 10 years of Eli...Jets will be ruined

Fatman was suggesting the Eli hasnt even reached his peak as a QB yet and will do so between years 7 and 11 of his career with the Giants (plus another 3 years after that for being a fan fav) Under this scenario, the Giants may go to perhaps 1, 2, 4 more Super Bowls.

The NY Jets? huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Gotta love Jetman73 and the offseason.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman73 View Post
    Fatman was suggesting the Eli hasnt even reached his peak as a QB yet and will do so between years 7 and 11 of his career with the Giants (plus another 3 years after that for being a fan fav) Under this scenario, the Giants may go to perhaps 1, 2, 4 more Super Bowls.

The NY Jets? huh?
    If you watch the overrated 4th quarter drive, Eli made 3 awful throws that could have been turnovers, avoided an "in the grasp" whistle because the ref's view was obscured, and hit Plaxico with a safe balloon that only Chad Pennington could appreciate.

Just saying that Eli is getting way, way too many props for the most average, luck-filled "drive" in Super Bowl history. I'll be surprised if the Giants are even in the Top 5 when the 2008 power rankings come out.

SAR I

Banned
    Eli still doesnt impress me, Giants D or David Tyree should have been MVP of the Super Bowl

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you watch the overrated 4th quarter drive, Eli made 3 awful throws that could have been turnovers, avoided an "in the grasp" whistle because the ref's view was obscured, and hit Plaxico with a safe balloon that only Chad Pennington could appreciate.

Just saying that Eli is getting way, way too many props for the most average, luck-filled "drive" in Super Bowl history. I'll be surprised if the Giants are even in the Top 5 when the 2008 power rankings come out.

SAR I
    Power rankings aside I can definitely see them not being a top 5 team next year.

Banned

The NY Jets? huh?
    and not only do I not see the Giants going to 1,2,or 4 more Super Bowls, But I wouldnt be surprised to see the fans booing Eli in the next few years(perhaps even next year if they have a subpar year, which I think they are going to do)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The NY Jets? huh?
    give Manning credit but the fact is everything that could possibly go right for that team went right at the end of the year....they are not that strong of a team to have that type of run with Dallas and several other strong teams in their division....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Won 3 playoff games on the road including trips to Dallas and Green Bay. Beat an 18-0 team who many were calling the greatest ever. But yea, lets nit-pick his amazing 4th quarter drive because of what COULD have happened. That seems like a logical thing to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Meh, this is the NFL, anyone can be competitive any season given the right players and even moreso the right circumstances.

Manning played great but there's other teams in the league that the Jets have to worry about a lot more.

Why is this guy allowed to post anymore?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I watched "Fatman" and the stuttering chimp interview Willie Randolph and David Wright today.....that freakin fat baztid cannot ask a question without talking over the reply of his guests. EVERY TIME.

Sorry for the Non-Eli content of my assessment. Thank you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I watched "Fatman" and the stuttering chimp.....that freakin fat baztid cannot ask a question without talking over the reply of his guests. EVERY TIME.
    AND, he just got a contract extension at WFAN!!! WFAN should at least pair him up with Benigno

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I watched "Fatman" and the stuttering chimp interview Willie Randolph and David Wright today.....that freakin fat baztid cannot ask a question without talking over the reply of his guests. EVERY TIME.

Sorry for the Non-Eli content of my assessment. Thank you.
    That drives me nuts! I'm listening so I can hear the opinion of the guest and he interrupts them in every one of their freaking answers!

All Pro
    The Giants are a good team that got hot at the right time... But they aren't a great team. They won't win the NFC East next year.

Practice Squad
    Why wouldn't Eli peak in his 7-11 years in the league? Francesa and the rest of the NY media abused Eli Manning for years and he came through in the clutch when it mattered. It was nice to see an athlete prove the NY media and fickle NY fans wrong.

Now getting back to the Jets QB. Kellen Clemens deserves more than 8 games. He showed flashes during the season but did have his rough spots. The same thing occurred with Eli Manning. He stunk in many of those games in his first year, but he ended his rookie season by driving the field to beat Parcells' Cowboys. Perhaps Clemens' winning drive to close out the season against Edwards' Chiefs is a sign of better things to come.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Gotta love Jetman73 and the offseason.
    It often confuses me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Spagnuola was the MVP along with the Giants front 4. That defense played out of its mind and couldn't put up a performance like that again if their lives depended on it. It was truly a confluence of a great plan, excellent players and just about every guy playing his best game of the year. Give them credit for pulling it all together at the same time and shutting down the most prolific offense in NFL history on the night it mattered most.

With that said, they only potentially lose Kavika Mitchell to free agency....everyone else comes back unless Strahan retires. The bigger concern has to be Spagnuola to the 'Skins.

Eli could still get better and I agree, Harrison and Samuel both had balls go through their hands on the final drive. But Eli wouldn't scare me as much as that defense.

The Giants are not in our division or even our conference. We have bigger problems....like our own QB situation, our offensive line, our defensive line, a lack of playmakers and no pass rush from our OLB's. Other than that, things are perfect in Jets land.

Oh, and Jetman, go back to the refrigerator for more beer....your glass is "half empty" once again!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The Giants are a good team that got hot at the right time... But they aren't a great team. They won't win the NFC East next year.
    Bingo. Giants aren't my pick in their own division right now, although that is obviously dependent on how their offseason goes.

Eli played a good game, but winning the big one doesn't change the fact that hes somewhere between 8-15 in the league at his position.

Practice Squad
    The Giants are secure at QB . Eli might not enter the realm of elite Qb but he has shown he can lead an offense to victory. The Giants have a young team and have theh potential to build of their Super Bowl victory. They look like one of the top team in the NFC along with Dallas, and Green Bay. As goes with the NFL things can change and their might be a few surprise teams that might challenge those top three.

The Jets need to decide if Clemens is worth sticking with. I think there was not enough time to tell. He play well in spots but had rookie struggles in others. The Jets need to build an defensive line plus they need a strong outside linebacker. Bryan Thomas is not the answer, and it was a bad decision to giv ehim such a large contract extention. Hopefully the Jets can draft and acquire impact players on the defesnive side of the ball to go along with who they already have.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Spagnuola was the MVP along with the Giants front 4. That defense played out of its mind and couldn't put up a performance like that again if their lives depended on it. It was truly a confluence of a great plan, excellent players and just about every guy playing his best game of the year. Give them credit for pulling it all together at the same time and shutting down the most prolific offense in NFL history on the night it mattered most.

With that said, they only potentially lose Kavika Mitchell to free agency....everyone else comes back unless Strahan retires. The bigger concern has to be Spagnuola to the 'Skins.

Eli could still get better and I agree, Harrison and Samuel both had balls go through their hands on the final drive. But Eli wouldn't scare me as much as that defense.

The Giants are not in our division or even our conference. We have bigger problems....like our own QB situation, our offensive line, our defensive line, a lack of playmakers and no pass rush from our OLB's. Other than that, things are perfect in Jets land.

Oh, and Jetman, go back to the refrigerator for more beer....your glass is "half empty" once again!
    Nice job, j23.

How many QB pressures did Eli have? I can't remember. He's a hell of a pass-rusher, though.