Thread: what is the smart thing to do?

Practice Squad

what is the smart thing to do?

So many on this board tend to overate the talent on this team. WE NEED TO REBUILD. If that is case, what is the right thing to do with our first pick??? Probably trade down and get more picks?

Does anyone really think we are going to contend in 2008?

Banned
    I agree. Trade down. The thing that scares me though is Mangini's penchant for guys that "can really make a difference on special teams" or that were QBs in elementary school and now, even though every scout in the league says they don't have a natural position, they should be Jets because they are really, really nice and know alot about football.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    So many on this board tend to overate the talent on this team. WE NEED TO REBUILD. If that is case, what is the right thing to do with our first pick??? Probably trade down and get more picks?

Does anyone really think we are going to contend in 2008?
    Hate to give a generic answer but if somewhere is there who we are targeting then stay put but I can see the Jets moving out of the top spot if none of their need positions are available (DT, G, T, DE, LB).

Thankfully the Jets have drafted very well, specifically the last 2 years and it's almost time to cash in on that talent..one more strong draft and the Jets will be consistant contenders again and yes I really think we're going to contend in 2008.

Clemens, Washington, Rhodes, Cotchery, Mangold, Ferguson, Harris, Revis

give the jets a very solid young core.

People need to stop with the 'oh we're going to be bad for a long time' gag; it's getting old. The NFL is built where you're not supposed to be bad for a long time....we've done it before as have other teams.

Contrary to popular belief the sky is NOT falling.

Hall Of Fame
    what player is worth trading up for at #6 ? we'll get lots of low ball offers, but I bet nothing that is good value

that win over hermie really cost us

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post

Contrary to popular belief the sky is NOT falling.
    I don't think its a case of the sky is falling, its more a matter of "Hey, lets face the facts... we've got about 8 players that are pretty promising/good right now. The rest of the roster is mediocre, on a good day. so lets stop talking about ourselves as contenders and looking at things more objectively... "

The voice of the blindly optimistic homer fans need to be balanced by the voice of the objectively realistic "I don't want to get my hopes up" fans, that's the way of the universe...

All Pro
    Stay at # 6 because the JETS can always get additional picks from player's that they may decide to trade, like Vilma, Penny or Coles.