Thread: help me advise my daughter please

Veteran

help me advise my daughter please

she's 22 & works at digicel, a caribbean phone company. They want to promote her & see good things for her but she has to meet on tues and let them know where she see's herself in 5 years. they want her in human resources and possibly moving to marketing

any thoughts on how she should script her message? thanks in advance

JetsInsider.com Legend
    she sees herself in leadership, with a small team under her, maybe more

it's like when the scouts ask WR if he considers himself a speed or possession receiver

it's a trick question, always say speed. you can always become a possession receiver as a backup plan.

your daughter can always be a subordinate as a backup plan. when they ask, she sees herself as a leader. helping new people learn the business, etc.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joewilly View Post
    she's 22 & works at digicel, a caribbean phone company. They want to promote her & see good things for her but she has to meet on tues and let them know where she see's herself in 5 years. they want her in human resources and possibly moving to marketing

Tell her not to be passive. Be forward thinking, not pushy. Tell them her
    goals in no uncertain terms. Try not to feed them the "I want to be
    president" BS but maybe VP.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

tell her to look for someone good that's been there 8-10 years longer than her, and describe that person's position. some keywords - she should talk about the 'responsibilities' she wants, not just title/position, and she should mention what skills she has now that will develop into the kind of skills they'll need, and what having a person like her in that position, with those responsibilities will mean to the company (bottom line - growth, income, efficiency, expansion, etc.).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joewilly View Post

What does she look like? No, I'm not asking because she's 22 but because HR and Marketing careers are best suited for smokin' hotties and a 'script' might be unneccessary. Might be a better use of her time to work on people skills, personality, flirtation, etc.

SAR I