Mary Queen Of Arkansas 8:06
    Bishop Danced 5:47
    Wild Billy's Circus Story 6:17
    Spirit In The Night 5:22
    Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street? 7:20
    Thundercrack 12:45
    Saga Of The Architect Angel 6:08
    Song To The Orphans 4:32
    Dude that's great stuff, but not for most of the Glory Days- Dancing in the Dark fans. They ain't making it past a minute of Mary Queen of Arkansas.

Banned
    You know people often mistake Studio 54 with popularizing disco, but its not true, that's revisionist history, the truth is Max's Kansas City almost single-handedly ushered in disco music as an alternative to CBGB's .. both were serious trend setters during that era, like the underground from wence a particular sound would emerge

I know this for a fact because I was there, I saw it happen, both of these clubs were not far from my neighborhood and Max's was the preferred hangout for most of the cats from the lower eastside {Outside of Greenwich Village}, and I can vividly recall, almost to the day, when folks started talking about this new form of dance music they were playing at Max's called disco, live acts like Gloria Gaynor, Carol Douglas, the Trammps, etc .. it was during that year when disco exploded nationally .. but the first time I ever heard the word "disco" it was synonymous with Max's Kansas City

.. and that was before Studio 54 even existed
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 02-20-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I`ve got over 300 live boss tapes including the one you have listed & most from the 70`s & 80`s it`s my favorite stuff from Bruce all the B.T.R. stuff and before my favorite albums by him were the 1st 2 (1) The Wild ,Innocent & E Street Shuffle & (2) Greetings From Asbury Park

If lost in the flood isn't the greatest rock song ever or just behind queen the Show must go on. then rock and roll is really dead.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I`ve got over 300 live boss tapes including the one you have listed & most from the 70`s & 80`s it`s my favorite stuff from Bruce all the B.T.R. stuff and before my favorite albums by him were the 1st 2 (1) The Wild ,Innocent & E Street Shuffle & (2) Greetings From Asbury Park
    Bruce is my man and I was lucky enough to meet him a few times JJ-great guy and when you meet him-very gracious. I have to admit though Devils and Dust and The Seeger Sessions and about half of The Rising I wasn't tool crazy about-I loved most of the stuff on Tracks too and Human Touch and Lucky Town were very underrated IMO-I got to play a few Bruce songs for him-The New Timer (from Tom Joad) Shut Out The Light (B-side of Born In The USA I think) and I Wish I Was Blind from HT-he liked them and said he was surprised to hear those songs down here-hearing someone play that stuff in Jersey is one thing but south Florida not everyone knows that stuff down here

Hall Of Fame
    To me, his first three albums were genius. I don't even see how a mortal could come up with that stuff. I may have said this before, but imo, his music has really gone downhill since he stopped featuring the piano. All of my favorte songs featured David Sancious or Roy Bittain. Backstreets, NYC Serenade, Lost in the Flood,Racing in the Street,Jungleland. Born in the USA just hit a brick wall. Glory Days, Darlington County ugh. Except for a fewtunes, I much prefer his slower stuff. Unfortunately, Roy just plays rhythm with the guitars,danny,and Clarence. I think his talent is being wasted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    You know people often mistake Studio 54 with popularizing disco, but its not true, that's revisionist history, the truth is Max's Kansas City almost single-handedly ushered in disco music as an alternative to CBGB's .. both were serious trend setters during that era, like the underground from wence a particular sound would emerge

I know this for a fact because I was there, I saw it happen, both of these clubs were not far from my neighborhood and Max's was the preferred hangout for most of the cats from the lower eastside {Outside of Greenwich Village}, and I can vividly recall, almost to the day, when folks started talking about this new form of dance music they were playing at Max's called disco, live acts like Gloria Gaynor, Carol Douglas, the Trammps, etc .. it was during that year when disco exploded nationally .. but the first time I ever heard the word "disco" it was synonymous with Max's Kansas City

.. and that was before Studio 54 even existed
    Your right about 54 Ham but the first Disco in NY was Le Club followed by Cheetah and the Electric Circus..Of course I still have some brain damage from the 60's so I may have missed a couple..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    To me, his first three albums were genius. I don't even see how a mortal could come up with that stuff. I may have said this before, but imo, his music has really gone downhill since he stopped featuring the piano. All of my favorte songs featured David Sancious or Roy Bittain. Backstreets, NYC Serenade, Lost in the Flood,Racing in the Street,Jungleland. Born in the USA just hit a brick wall. Glory Days, Darlington County ugh. Except for a fewtunes, I much prefer his slower stuff. Unfortunately, Roy just plays rhythm with the guitars,danny,and Clarence. I think his talent is being wasted.
    the thing that has always amazed me about Bruce is how young he was when he wrote those amazing classics like Incident On 57th Street, NYC Serenade, Born To Run, Meeting Across The River I mean the guy was just a few years out of friggin high school-I got to hand Bruce a couple of my CDs which had some stuff written about having seen him at Kean College in 1975 and the way that night changed my life in the liner notes-cool experience-both

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaJets View Post
    the thing that has always amazed me about Bruce is how young he was when he wrote those amazing classics like Incident On 57th Street, NYC Serenade, Born To Run, Meeting Across The River I mean the guy was just a few years out of friggin high school-I got to hand Bruce a couple of my CDs which had some stuff written about having seen him at Kean College in 1975 and the way that night changed my life in the liner notes-cool experience-both
    While Magic is ok, if someone else's name was on it, I doubt you'd hear much about it.

His early songs were unbelivable. And while not always gramatically correct, his writing style definitely had a very advanced poetry feel. Genius, that's all you can say. A gift.