Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Hotel is free

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303

    The Hotel is free

    Dallas has placed the franchise tag on safety Ken Hamlin leaving Flozell Adams out there to be free .We have have to probably fight the fish for him,but is he an option worth looking into.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    Only problem with Flozell is he is going to want to be a paid as a top shelf LT when we only need a RT

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    /\ yep. we dont need a RT for LT ducats.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Why do you people worry so much about what these people make.I mean,do you see them worrying about how much you have to pay to go to a game.All i want to know is if this big cat could fill one of the needs on our OL.Last yr,the BOYS took the big kid Davis and moved him to OG.Can Flozell be moved to OG or to RT and do a quality job for the Jets .

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Why do you people worry so much about what these people make.I mean,do you see them worrying about how much you have to pay to go to a game.All i want to know is if this big cat could fill one of the needs on our OL.Last yr,the BOYS took the big kid Davis and moved him to OG.Can Flozell be moved to OG or to RT and do a quality job for the Jets .
    he's a premier level LT though...

    they don't get moved to G as far as I imagine.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    he's a premier level LT though...

    they don't get moved to G as far as I imagine.


    Then explain if you would ,why the Cowboys allowed a premier LT the hardest position in football outside of franchise QB to fill,to hit the market so they can keep a safety.

    Maybe the Cowboys already have this kid locked up .

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Then explain if you would ,why the Cowboys allowed a premier LT the hardest position in football outside of franchise QB to fill,to hit the market so they can keep a safety.

    Maybe the Cowboys already have this kid locked up .
    maybe they have confidence in a young guy on their roster or they have two first round picks in a very good OT class. Don't want to pay too much money on a 33 year old.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    maybe they have confidence in a young guy on their roster or they have two first round picks in a very good OT class. Don't want to pay too much money on a 33 year old.

    He's perfect for us to bridge the gap to Jacob Bender.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Then explain if you would ,why the Cowboys allowed a premier LT the hardest position in football outside of franchise QB to fill,to hit the market so they can keep a safety.

    Maybe the Cowboys already have this kid locked up .
    they have a lot of money tied into the line and great depth, and Hamlin became a flat out all-star in the secondary. those two things combined.

    Roy Williams may be on the block and Henry is not a great answer at CB.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303

    Boy do we need help

    Brick Ferguson
    Nick Mangold
    Brandon Moore
    Jacob Bender
    Wayne Hunter
    Will Montgomery
    Clint Oldenburg
    Robert Turner

    These Names represent the players presently on the Jets roster from whom the coaching staff has to create an OL to protect our starting QB and open Holes for our running game.

    Wouldn't Flozell the Hotel Adams look good in that scrap pile.Also when did we sign former Hawaii OLman Wayne Hunter.Before he tore up his knee,he was considered a late 1st early 2nd prospect by many .

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Then explain if you would ,why the Cowboys allowed a premier LT the hardest position in football outside of franchise QB to fill,to hit the market so they can keep a safety.

    Maybe the Cowboys already have this kid locked up .
    We didn't have the cap space to franchise him. Cap numbers for a safety are around 4.5 ... for a lt ... 9.8 mil....

    Also .. Flozell cannot play RT or anything on that side .. He is legally deaf in his right** ear. (He has some hearing, but prefers to watch the ball and listen for outside pressure than vice versa.

    *** Our Free cap space to resign picks is around 11 million if we can't get some people reduced. *** And we need to find a way to fit barber's new contract under that, as well as Canty.
    Last edited by Fatty_VM; 02-22-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: asterick.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    maybe they have confidence in a young guy on their roster or they have two first round picks in a very good OT class. Don't want to pay too much money on a 33 year old.
    Knowing Flozell was to be a FA, they had the foresight to draft 2 OT last year - James Marten from BC in the 3rd and Doug Free from Northern Illinois in the 4th. That's what smart teams do - they look ahead and draft accordingly. Use mid round picks and develop players.

    Also the 2 first round picks this year are key. If the OT's from last year don't look ready there's always Chris Williams or Jeff Otah who could probably step right in.

    Contrast that strategy with the Jets. We throw OL off of the team with no viable replacements on the roster. And since our player development is non-existent, we have to burn 1st or 2nd round picks on OL every year to get immediate starters. Pathetic.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 02-22-2008 at 10:19 AM.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Knowing Flozell was to be a FA, they had the foresight to draft 2 OT last year - James Marten from BC in the 3rd and Doug Free from Northern Illinois in the 4th. That's what smart teams do - they look ahead and draft accordingly. Use mid round picks and develop players.

    Also the 2 first round picks this year are key. If the OT's from last year don't look ready there's always Chris Williams or Jeff Otah who could probably step right in.

    Contrast that strategy with the Jets. We throw OL off of the team with no viable replacements on the roster. And since our player development is non-existent, we have to burn 1st or 2nd round picks on OL every year to get immediate starters. Pathetic.
    Come on now Lageman.Mangini has been here for 2 seasons and thus far he has drafted 3 olmen,2 of which are 1st round starters and the other a developmental player with upside.Added to that,the team has signed off wavers and through free agency 4 other ol that are all currently on the roster who were mid round draft picks of teams with establish starters and dept on their rosters.

    When you draft developmental type players,it takes longer for them to crack the starting lineup than big name players.It took Tony Romo 3 yrs sitting on the bench before he got the chance to start.I wonder how many cowboy fans called him a jag while he was a no name backup just because he was a free agent pickup.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty_VM View Post
    We didn't have the cap space to franchise him. Cap numbers for a safety are around 4.5 ... for a lt ... 9.8 mil....

    Also .. Flozell cannot play RT or anything on that side .. He is legally deaf in his left ear.

    *** Our Free cap space to resign picks is around 11 million if we can't get some people reduced. *** And we need to find a way to fit barber's new contract under that, as well as Canty.
    It's a good thing the Jets need a starting quality LG then.Only problem i see is having a midget QB throwing over and seeing over a 6'7"
    OG.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Come on now Lageman.Mangini has been here for 2 seasons and thus far he has drafted 3 olmen,2 of which are 1st round starters and the other a developmental player with upside.Added to that,the team has signed off wavers and through free agency 4 other ol that are all currently on the roster who were mid round draft picks of teams with establish starters and dept on their rosters.

    When you draft developmental type players,it takes longer for them to crack the starting lineup than big name players.It took Tony Romo 3 yrs sitting on the bench before he got the chance to start.I wonder how many cowboy fans called him a jag while he was a no name backup just because he was a free agent pickup.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Jets did exactly the same thing as the Boys. Their blunder was to lose Kendall. One more year of Kendall would have alleviated much of the agony the Jets suffered this year.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    When you draft developmental type players,it takes longer for them to crack the starting lineup than big name players.It took Tony Romo 3 yrs sitting on the bench before he got the chance to start.I wonder how many cowboy fans called him a jag while he was a no name backup just because he was a free agent pickup.

    Tony was even less than a JAG. He only became a JAG during last years training camp haha. Before that he was a bubble player we thought should be either on the PS or cut to stir the bottom of our roster and leave room for moves. Remember at one point he was below Chad Hutchenson, Quincy Carter AND Drew Henson. 4 qbs... ouch.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Come on now Lageman.Mangini has been here for 2 seasons and thus far he has drafted 3 olmen,2 of which are 1st round starters and the other a developmental player with upside.Added to that,the team has signed off wavers and through free agency 4 other ol that are all currently on the roster who were mid round draft picks of teams with establish starters and dept on their rosters.

    When you draft developmental type players,it takes longer for them to crack the starting lineup than big name players.It took Tony Romo 3 yrs sitting on the bench before he got the chance to start.I wonder how many cowboy fans called him a jag while he was a no name backup just because he was a free agent pickup.
    My frustration was directed at Herm not Mangini. Because of Herm we had no OL talent in the pipeline. Thus the need for 2 first rounders immediately on the OL by Mangini.

    And the 4 OL you mention - we have 2 UDFA, 1 former 7th rounder and 1 player who's already been released by 2 teams and was IR'd for a knee injury. That's not a group which inspires a lot of confidence. It's more like picking through the garbage.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 02-22-2008 at 04:52 PM.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    My frustration was directed at Herm not Mangini. Because of Herm we had no OL talent in the pipeline. Thus the need for 2 first rounders immediately on the OL by Mangini.

    Then you're still wrong.When Herm was the HC,Bradway made the decisions as to how the Jets were constructed.sure,Herm had imput,but Bradway made the decisions.Today,Mangini makes the decisions,not Tanny,but Mangini.

    Remember,when Mangini was hired,Bradway was the GM.Tanny became the GM shortly afterwards.Let's be perfectly clear,Mangini runs the Jets.Tanny just does what he's told like a good figure head.

    Now,if you remember Bradway drafted
    Supe Peko
    Adrian Jones
    signed Moore and Kendall and Drafted McKenzie and another OT who never panned out.Considering where that regime drafted and the Players they drafted,i would say they tried.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us