Thread: Seahawks re-signed RT Sean Locklear to a five-year, $32 million contract

Seahawks re-signed RT Sean Locklear to a five-year, $32 million contract

Feb. 21, 2008 - 7:45 p.m. ET

Seahawks re-signed RT Sean Locklear to a five-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $12 million in guarantees.

Locklear, 27 in May, didn't have his best season in 2007, but didn't miss a start and Seattle is right to lock him up now. He would've commanded guarantees in the $15 million range had he hit the market. The Seahawks still have to find an eventual successor for 34-year-old LT Walter Jones.

Source: ESPN.com

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/...rt=NFL&id=2667

Hall Of Fame
    Fan-ec-a

Hall Of Fame
    FA is dead.

O/U on Asante Samuel's contract 90 million?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Fan-ec-a
    yup... faneca & samuels it is

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    FA is dead.

O/U on Asante Samuel's contract 90 million?
    Tell me what Moga picks and I'll take the opposite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'd love to log in one day and see a "Jets re-sign S Kerry Rhodes to long term contract"

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Feb. 21, 2008 - 7:45 p.m. ET

Seahawks re-signed RT Sean Locklear to a five-year, $32 million contract. The deal includes $12 million in guarantees.

Locklear, 27 in May, didn't have his best season in 2007, but didn't miss a start and Seattle is right to lock him up now. He would've commanded guarantees in the $15 million range had he hit the market. The Seahawks still have to find an eventual successor for 34-year-old LT Walter Jones.

Source: ESPN.com

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/...rt=NFL&id=2667
    holy crap this the market rate for a jag

faneca is going to blow out hutchinson's 49 million contract by 10 million

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'd love to log in one day and see a "Jets re-sign S Kerry Rhodes to long term contract"
    If Im them I would do it before next week NO MATTER WHAT.

Whatever they think is high now is going to be low considering whats about to happen.

It should have been done already.

We get a whole year to get Rhodes locked up.

Right now we need Woody to break out the checkbook. Any decent free agent that is not signed in the next two weeks should at least get a try out.

Based upon the tags and contracts that we have seen so far I would have no problem if we offered $8 mil per year to Calvin Pace and Jacob Bell. With our impressive 4-12 record and inexperienced front office I think that is the only way we land these guys. Either player is more vauable than D-Rob who will count $12 mil against our cap by himself this year.

This may be the worst free agent market in the last decade. Only the truly aggressive teams will fill any big holes. We really could use a Dan Snyder approach this year.

All Pro
    And another offensive lineman off the market. People who say we didn't need him or who cares, this will only push the price for the remaining Oline guys and we are running out of options... but hell, we got Clement and Clarke!