Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hear The Silence? No NFL Team Interested In Chad Pennington

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ah, no. If Chad starts this season, it's Jim Jones time. We all go out together.

SAR I
    LOL....its hard to argue with all of your photographical support. But seriously....lol...ive read alot of your posts SAR...would you really not be a Jets fan this year with Pennington getting the nod.

I could support a year break, just dont jump on another team. It's unbecoming.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    in a year when Sage Rosenfels is being shopped for a 2nd round draft pick it would be crazy to try to trade Pennington. There are no free agent replacements available. We could draft a QB but we need veteran insurance if Clemens goes down. We wouldn't want to throw a rookie in during an emergency.

It gets worse too. This class of QBs in the draft is considered weak and from what they're saying on Sirius NFL radio the QB situation in the 09 draft looks horrible as well. Because of this veteran QBs are going to be valuable.

It may seem like the argument i'm putting up supports the theory that teams should be trying to acquire pennington, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were telling people Pennington isn't available if a team calls.
    QFT

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If Chad was being shopped it would be out. I think they weren't impressed by Clemens and want to make another run with Chad or draft either Ryan or Flacco and let them sit behind Chad next year? If they really believe in Clemens Chad has to be gone by TC.

Like I said, If they really try to move Penny, I think it will be some kind of a draft day trade.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan View Post
    Kelly Holcomb is a free agent and is available.

He would be a great back-up in my opinion and he wouldn't be whining about how he feels he should be a starter in this league.

Funny thing is, I think he's a better QB than Chad right now.
    Are you sure he's available? This is the only 08 free agent QB list i can find:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Josh McCown
    Daunte Culpepper
    Ken Dorsey
    Quinn Gray
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Drew Henson
    Cleo Lemon
    Jared Lorenzen
    Jamie Martin

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If Chad was being shopped it would be out. I think they weren't impressed by Clemens and want to make another run with Chad
    Excuse me if my typing becomes erratic; I just vomited in my own mouth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    LOL....its hard to argue with all of your photographical support. But seriously....lol...ive read alot of your posts SAR...would you really not be a Jets fan this year with Pennington getting the nod.

I could support a year break, just dont jump on another team. It's unbecoming.
    I'll always be a Jets fan, but it goes like this:

I can handle a lousy record because of a rebuilding strategy, freak injuries, or superior competition. I cannot handle a lousy record because of stupidity.

Starting Chad Pennington is stupidity. He's incapable of producing a clutch victory and couldn't do anything in the second half of any game last season, even when a few first downs would have secured a victory with the 10 point leads he had produced. He's the epitome of inconsistency. He's Vinny Testaverde 2001. Can't put together a complete game. Can't pull a victory out of a defeat in the last minute. He's useless, even as a backup. The backup is supposed to be the dream of a guy that could be better than the starter. We know the verdict on that one too.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Like I said, If they really try to move Penny, I think it will be some kind of a draft day trade.
    I hope so, today it actually felt good to be a Jets fan. Chad had his day but it's time we had a dumb QB who could chuck the rock down the field.

All League
    We should trade Chad and sign Lorenzen - he is ideal backup QB (and perhaps backup OL)

All League
    + =

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    Excuse me if my typing becomes erratic; I just vomited in my own mouth.
    Didn't mean to give you acid reflux I just have a bad feeling that when both Mangini and Tannenbaum say Chad will compete for the starting job next year the actually mean it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Kelly Holcomb is a free agent and is available.

He would be a great back-up in my opinion and he wouldn't be whining about how he feels he should be a starter in this league.

Funny thing is, I think he's a better QB than Chad right now.
    OK. You guys hate Chad so much that you'll stoop to any level I guess. Kelly Holcomb??? This is the same Kelly Holcomb that was 3rd string behind Brooks Bollinger last year? THAT Kelly Holcomb? I can't believe he hasn't been snatched up by now.

All League
    Never forget....
    It it so interesting to me that you would start yet another Pennington thread. Why not instead sit back with some "Captain Morgan" and not worry about it?! If Chad is no more than a CFL player, as you say, then Kellen Clemens will easily outperform ol' "Noodle Arm" and all Chad will do next year is ride the pine and wave the white towel.

If a backup he'll be one of the top half in the league and you should be glad he was not traded. If Clemens gets hurt I challenge you to give me a Free Agent QB that is better to come in for the Jets; truly better. IMO there is none.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    It it so interesting to me that you would start yet another Pennington thread. Why not instead sit back with some "Captain Morgan" and not worry about it?! If Chad is no more than a CFL player, as you say, then Kellen Clemens will easily outperform ol' "Noodle Arm" and all Chad will do next year is ride the pine and wave the white towel.

If a backup he'll be one of the top half in the league and you should be glad he was not traded. If Clemens gets hurt I challenge you to give me a Free Agent QB that is better to come in for the Jets; truly better. IMO there is none.
    +1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post

So you agree now Pennington is best suited as a back up????

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    I'll always be a Jets fan, but it goes like this:

I can handle a lousy record because of a rebuilding strategy, freak injuries, or superior competition. I cannot handle a lousy record because of stupidity.

Starting Chad Pennington is stupidity. He's incapable of producing a clutch victory and couldn't do anything in the second half of any game last season, even when a few first downs would have secured a victory with the 10 point leads he had produced. He's the epitome of inconsistency. He's Vinny Testaverde 2001. Can't put together a complete game. Can't pull a victory out of a defeat in the last minute. He's useless, even as a backup. The backup is supposed to be the dream of a guy that could be better than the starter. We know the verdict on that one too.

SAR I
    Good Man! Im not really "rooting" for either one of them in particular, so im pretty much unbiased. I respect your dislike for Chad. No doubt he straight out sucked last year. Also, no doubt that Clemens has more upside.

If only our O-line had played better than 6th graders last year, this decision would be MUCH clearer. Both had no time to throw the ball. That O-line was one of the worst ive seen in quite some time.

Dont take this as a defense of Chad, but the guy had his ankle and knee twisted like a bavarian pretzel in game 1 V. Pats*. HE must have been gimpy for the majority of the season. Im sure that didnt help his helium throws. And same for Clemens.....his accuracy was questioned, but the guy had 0 time to throw the ball 85% of the time.

All League
    What? No market for pick for 6 QB's?

C'mon...we were predicting his picks on the game threads last season. Ridiculous. How you can think this guy still has anything left is beyond me. Nice guy, but he's done.

All League
    Ah, no. If Chad starts this season, it's Jim Jones time. We all go out together.

SAR I
    Don't tease me.

And as for your picture, the stands were really packed in that preseason game that you hang your "Kellen Clemens" hat on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Are you sure he's available? This is the only 08 free agent QB list i can find:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Josh McCown
    Daunte Culpepper
    Ken Dorsey
    Quinn Gray
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Drew Henson
    Cleo Lemon
    Jared Lorenzen
    Jamie Martin
    He's available, the Vikings released him last Wednesday, but, here's something else I wasn't aware of:

Free agent Kelly Holcomb, who was released by the Vikings on Wednesday, says he's contemplating retirement.

"I got to be realistic with myself," said Holcomb, 34. "I'm getting older, and it seems every time I get on the field these last couple of years, something happens." Holcomb suffered a nasty neck injury last October.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-01-2008 at 11:42 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    So you agree now Pennington is best suited as a back up????
    Heck no. He is one of the best 32 QB's on the planet Earth.
    Last edited by gcherd; 03-01-2008 at 11:48 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    It's a little different when common belief is they're available. The Giants are getting calls about Jeremy Shockey despite not being 'On the Block' and with Pennington it's a deafening Silence. The interest just isn't there.
    How do you know this? Or are you assuming there's no interest simply because you don't have an interest in seeing him here?