Thread: Front office motives- jump on the bandwagon people!

Veteran

Front office motives- jump on the bandwagon people!

I'm going to try to put some sense in this offseason and try to slap some sense into the pessimist on this board.

Like I've said before, the Jets are alot like my Chicago Cubs. They've seen their "crosstown rivals" win championships. (The Giants and White Sox). The Jets and Cubs don't want to be "second best" in their perspective city.

With the teams going out spending money like they stole it, the fans can't say the organization didn't try. It's comical to me how alot of people here are crying that we're spending money. Well, we were crying last year that we didn't sign people or give a certain OL lineman a million dollar raise.

I saw on ESPN2 today that Tannenbaum said he learned alot from last year by sitting relatively still in free agency. He said he also learned from the Kendall situation.

One thing's for sure. Alan Faneca is a Jet because the Jets are aggressive in free agency and their commitment to win. He said this.

Sure we may throwing mad money at guys like Pace. But think of this. Like it or not the Pats are the best in the AFC. Well, the Jets are going to surpass them if they haven't already.

We're building a core of good players that are young. The Patriots are getting old. I hated to see Vilma go, but at least we got a draft pick before he left via free agency and we got nothing.

That brings me to the draft. We have alot of flexibilty now. Instead of filling holes, we created openings to get the BPA. Some like RunDMC, some like Long... we all have our favorite.

I believe that with the surplus of picks, we could trade up and get C. Long. Last year it was quality over quantity. Well, now we're getting quantity, in picks that is.

So instead of criticizing the FO, praise them for having the stones to be bold players in free agency.
    Last edited by fuzzyjetsfan; 03-03-2008 at 05:49 PM.

All Pro
    Nothing Fuzzy about that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyjetsfan View Post
    I'm going to try to put some sense in this offseason and try to slap some sense into the pessimist on this board.

Like I've said before, the Jets are alot like my Chicago Cubs. They've seen their "crosstown rivals" win championships. (The Giants and White Sox). The Jets and Cubs don't want to be "second best" in their perspective city.

With the teams going out spending money like they stole it, the fans can't say the organization didn't try. It's comical to me how alot of people here are crying that we're spending money. Well, we were crying last year that we didn't sign people or give a certain OL lineman a million dollar raise.

I saw on ESPN2 today that Tannenbaum said he learned alot from last year by sitting relatively still in free agency. He said he also learned from the Kendall situation.

One thing's for sure. Alan Faneca is a Jet because the Jets are aggressive in free agency and their commitment to win. He said this.

Sure we may throwing mad money at guys like Pace. But think of this. Like it or not the Pats are the best in the AFC. Well, the Jets are going to surpass them if they haven't already.

We're building a core of good players that are young. The Patriots are getting old. I hated to see Vilma go, but at least we got a draft pick before he left via free agency and we got nothing.

That brings me to the draft. We have alot of flexibilty now. Instead of filling holes, we created openings to get the BPA. Some like RunDMC, some like Long... we all have our favorite.

I believe that with the surplus of picks, we could trade up and get C. Long. Last year it was quality over quantity. Well, now we're getting quantity, in picks that is.

So instead of criticizing the FO, praise them for having the stones to be bold players in free agency.
    Come on people, its not hard to figure out who the game breaker is in the draft. RunDMC is the man and the only real choice 4 us. Both longs are great players but we are fixing our D problems with free agency. Lets get a game breaker on Offense. After all the Giants got all their great D players in the 3rd round and beyond. So please for the love of God pick McFadden b/c he is the most effective player that we'll see in the next 10 years. Go Hawgs, Go J-E-T-S jets jets jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyjetsfan View Post

We can now draft for depth and future stars...we do not have to get rookie starters ..they will have time to learn...but I think the #6 spot might be to rich for us now...I would like to see some new cap figures..hope we can move D-Rob and get something for him...