Thread: I use all three of our 4th round picks on O-Line and D-Line

Banned

I use all three of our 4th round picks on O-Line and D-Line

K.Jenkins fills a huge need @ the NT position for this 3-4 Defense in replace of D."2 Small" Robertson

A.Faneca fills a huge need @ our Starting LG position in replace of W.Montgomery

D.Woody fills a huge need @ the RT position in replace of Clement who could have ended the young career of K.Clemens

And C.Pace fills a huge need as our 3-4 OLB rushing from the outside because B.Thomas was struggling to put any type of pressure on the QB What so ever.

With our 6th pick in the 1st round, I would go for the best player on the board... Either D.McFadden or V.Gholston, one of the two will be on the board... We need to draft one of the two.

With our 5th pick in the 2nd round.... I would like to see us draft THE BEST CB on the board to play with Revis and Rhodes in the secondary for years to come

With our 4th pick in the 3rd round... I would love to see us draft an IMLB to pair with Harris unless Mangini feels safe with Barton... Or what about the best WR on the board to play the slot with Coles and Cotch on the outside? Kellen would have alot of options with Coles, Cotch, Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and a Slot WR who can make plays

And in the 4th round I would love to draft 2 O-Lineman for deph and 1 D-Lineman... Or the other way around, 2 D-Lineman and 1 O-Lineman? Either way... We should add alot of talent for the D-Line or O-Line in the 4th round... Remember, we drafted Leon Washington in the 4th round, a real player.

Everyone is looking foward to the 1st and 2nd rounds... So am I, but I think im the most excited about the fact that we have filled alot of holes through FA and we have not one, not two, but THREE 4th round picks!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens2FLoridaJetsFan View Post
    With our 6th pick in the 1st round, I would go for the best player on the board... Either D.McFadden or V.Gholston, one of the two will be on the board... We need to draft one of the two.
    ok imagine neither on the board... what then?

All League
    we don't have 3rd round pick

All Pro
    We dont have three 4th Round picks.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    We dont have three 4th Round picks.
    We have the Saints one, ours, and I guess he's talking as if we trade Drob, but dont we get Washingtons 4th round pick, because of a Kendall stipulation?

All Pro
    I feel like these things should be stickys

1) Kendall Deal is for a 2009 4th rounder
    2) Please stop making Darren McFadden threads if all you are going to contribute is "He's a beast we need him"
    3) Please stop making "we should trade down" threads. We get it for god's sake. Great value in this draft is middle to late 1st and in the 2nd round. We don't need you to come to a revelation that "opens" our eyes to this fact.

Good GM's don't just look to next season but to the next two seasons. They consider guys that will be leaving by FA, who's getting older, maybe had some injuries, etc and bring in their replacements ahead of time. Get the players ready to start in 2 years. And mid round picks are an excellent place to get these replacements.

And who on this team is likely to be leaving ? Barton is a FA so he's gone. Coles has an injury history and a big mouth. So there's a good chance he's not here. Ellis is a JAG now and getting older while being fairly highly paid. So he's also a prime candidate for saying "goodbye". If we ever do end up with three 4th rounders, those players would be good targets for future replacements.

I know there should be some good ILB candidates in the 4th - maybe Goff or Beau Bell. And who knows if somebody like Red Bryant or Okam falls. Or look to a small school guy such as DE Kendall Langford from Hampton. And don't forget about athletic, speedy WR Dexter Jackson from Appalachian State. All of these players are projected by NFL Draft Scout to go around the 4th round.

So while OL might be a good choice in the 4th, we're actually doing pretty well in that regard. We have 4 guys on the OL who have been in development for the past year: Bender, Turner, Oldenburg and Montgomery. 1 or 2 of them should pan out to become backups at least. As a consequence I'd rather use those mid round picks to look ahead and get ready for 2009.
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 03-03-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Good GM's don't just look to next season but to the next two seasons. They consider guys that will be leaving by FA, who's getting older, maybe had some injuries, etc and bring in their replacements ahead of time. Get the players ready to start in 2 years. And mid round picks are an excellent place to get these replacements.

And who on this team is likely to be leaving ? Barton is a FA so he's gone. Coles has an injury history and a big mouth. So there's a good chance he's not here. Ellis is a JAG now and getting older while being fairly highly paid. So he's also a prime candidate for saying "goodbye". If we ever do end up with three 4th rounders, those players would be good targets for future replacements.

I know there should be some good ILB candidates in the 4th - maybe Goff or Beau Bell. And who knows if somebody like Red Bryant or Okam falls. Or look to a small school guy such as DE Kendall Langford from Hampton. And don't forget about athletic, speedy WR Dexter Jackson from Appalachian State. All of these players are projected by NFL Draft Scout to go around the 4th round.

So while OL might be a good choice in the 4th, we're actually doing pretty well in that regard. We have 4 guys on the OL who have been in development for the past year: Bender, Turner, Oldenburg and Montgomery. 1 or 2 of them should pan out to become backups at least. As a consequence I'd use those mid round picks to look ahead and get ready for 2009.
    Great post

All Pro
    Looking to the present and the future with what we have for draft picks presently.

1 - Matt Ryan - we have no QB now and the future doesn't look any better.

2 - Dre Moore - Ellis is getting up there and who knows after this season

4a - Jordy Nelson - Coles is making noise again and has a concussion history.

4b - Spencer Larsen - sooner or later mangini is going to realize those NE rejects are garbage.

6 - Brian Johnson - Can never have enough pass rushers.

7 - best TE or OLMAN we can find.