Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have we altered our Jerseys?

All League

Have we altered our Jerseys?

The new jerseys at the Jets shop don't have numbers on the sleeves. Examples:

New Jerseys:

Oldies:

All Pro
    OMG!!!! BEAUTIFUL!

But in all seriousness it looks like we have made a change.

Veteran
    I like them better with the numbers on the sleeves.

All Pro
    Watch... the NFL is going to start to sell the empty arm space for sponsorship...

...or, it could just be a mistake and the numbers should be there.

Banned
    After today, we no longer can afford the numbers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    After today, we no longer can afford the numbers.
    lol....

Veteran
    I think we just rushed to put the Jenkins,Faneca,Pace,etc jerseys up so that people would buy them quick, i dont see any other reason for getting rid of the #'s

All League
    Looks like there might be a change. I don't like it. I'm getting skeptical how management is making these little subtle changes in the uniforms.

didn't they change the armpit and bottom of the sleeve a few years ago as well?

I bet by next year they remove the bottom "cuff stripe" of the arm sleeves. Be leery fellow Jets fans

Hall Of Fame
    I am officially done buying current player jerseys, just added Vilma to my Abraham, Cox, Moss, retired section of my closet.

Buying the Namath Reebok jersey soon.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    I think we just rushed to put the Jenkins,Faneca,Pace,etc jerseys up so that people would buy them quick, i dont see any other reason for getting rid of the #'s
    I thought that originally too. However, the Thomas Jones and Revis jerseys also have the change.

Sidenote: What if someone told you two years ago we'd have Thomas Jones, Faneca, and Jenkins. Wow.

All Pro
    Woody just realized how much money he spent in FA and is going to pinch pennies in any way possible. The next subtraction will be the removal of the logo from the helmets. We will be going with the Cleveland Browns look.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ugh, because it's not a picture of an actual jersey, it's a picture of a blank jersey with numbers photoshoped on the back?

They didn't bother putting the numbers on the sleeves. They're all the same jerseys, you can see it in the shading of the sleeves in all 6.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-03-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Looks like there might be a change. I don't like it. I'm getting skeptical how management is making these little subtle changes in the uniforms.

didn't they change the armpit and bottom of the sleeve a few years ago as well?

I bet by next year they remove the bottom "cuff stripe" of the arm sleeves. Be leery fellow Jets fans

STOP worrying about JERSEYS WORRY if the NEW york jets are going to do well next season
    ps: ur are actiong like women, who cares wat they look like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacExchange View Post
    I like them better with the numbers on the sleeves.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Ugh, because it's not a picture of an actual jersey, it's a picture of a blank jersey with numbers photoshoped on the back?

They didn't bother putting the numbers on the sleeves. They're all the same jerseys, you can see it in the shading of the sleeves in all 6.
    Good call.

All League

It doesn't make sense to leave off a part of the jersey though. It's a misleading picture, unless the jersey's have changed. I'm sure an NFL team has the time to "bother" showcasing their actual product by sparing a minute or two.

Hall Of Fame

You beat me to it. They just edit images and throw on the numbers and names onto the back of a saved jersey template. The reality is that it would be more work than it is worth for them to try to edit on a sleeve number to look exactly as it would on the jersey given the angle, so they just left it off all together. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it from the Jets perspective as far as the work involved.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Chicken View Post
    STOP worrying about JERSEYS WORRY if the NEW york jets are going to do well next season
    ps: ur are actiong like women, who cares wat they look like

......AND the dancing chicken can't get SARCASM:
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 03-03-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CV 40 View Post
    It doesn't make sense to leave off a part of the jersey though. It's a misleading picture, unless the jersey's have changed. I'm sure an NFL team has the time to "bother" showcasing their actual product by sparing a minute or two.
    Well the issue for the new ones is they can't take a real picture of the jersey since they aren't yet in production. The jersey's from last offseason that are like that probably just got forgotten about and never updated. Its pretty clearly just an edited template, much the same as when you order a custom jersey from NFL.com.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CV 40 View Post
    It only because important when your fan base is this anal over their teams jerseys. We go through this every off season.

Never mind that the team has nothing to do with it, it's the vendor that is rushing product out for sale.