Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Top 6 thread

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,521

    The Top 6 thread

    Just curious what everyone's draft board looks like for the top 6, from the JEts perspective. Pretend you are Tangini.....Being that the top 5 of the draft is so wide open, don't take into account who may be available. Just list the top 6 players in the draft you would want the Jets to draft from the top guy to the 6th best.

    Here's mine, after many weeks of see-sawing:

    1) Darren McFadden
    2) Vernon Gholston
    3) Chris Long
    4) Jake Long
    5) Sedrick Ellis
    6) R. Mendenhall

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    1) Chris Long
    2) Darren McFadden
    3) Jake Long
    4) Mike Jenkins
    5) Vernon Gholston
    6) Keith Rivers

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    1) Chris Long
    2) Darren McFadden
    3) Jake Long
    4) Mike Jenkins
    5) Vernon Gholston
    6) Keith Rivers
    1) Chris Long
    2) Vernon Gholston
    3) Darren McFadden
    4) Jake Long
    5) Jonathan Stewart
    6) Mike Jenkins

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    5,713
    1) Chris Long
    2) Jake Long
    3) Vernon Gholston
    4) Rashard Mendenhall
    5) Darren McFadden
    6) Quentin Groves
    Last edited by Mikey Z 6; 03-05-2008 at 02:42 AM.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,521
    So far its Chris Long by a long shot...

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    1) Either of the Longs
    2) V Gholston
    3) Trade
    4) R Mendenhall or J Stewart
    5) M Jenkins

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    1. c long
    2. c long
    3. c long
    4. c long
    5. c long
    6. c long

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    1) C. Long
    2) D. McFadden
    3) V. Gholston
    4) J. Long
    5) B. Brohm
    6) C. Henne
    Last edited by IM3; 03-05-2008 at 01:50 AM.

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    235
    In terms of immediate impact

    1.) Jake Long
    2.) Chris Long
    3.) Vernon Gholston
    4.) DMAC
    5.) Rashard Mendenhall
    6.) Leodis McKelvin
    Last edited by CTJets69; 03-05-2008 at 03:04 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    1. Chris Long
    2. Vernon Gholston
    3. Rashard Mendenhall
    4. RT Jake Long {Move Woody to RG and we could have a Super Unit}
    5. Darren McFadden
    6. Sedrick Ellis
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 03-05-2008 at 03:45 AM.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    1. Chris Long
    2. Vernon Gholston
    3. Rashard Mendenhall
    4. Jake Long
    5. Darren McFadden
    6. Sedrick Ellis
    Where are you playing Ellis?
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 03-05-2008 at 03:44 AM.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    Where are you playing Ellis?
    we need a fullback

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post

    Where are you playing Ellis?
    NT and break him in slowly behind Jenkins

    When we switch to a 43 front, and Manigni does like to switch on occasion, Ellis gets subbed in on all 43 downs

    You can never have too many good linemen, or in the 34 too many good linebackers either

    Everyone needs a blow nowadays .. very few players take every snap, especially the linemen

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    5,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    we need a fullback


    yeah i want OWEN SCHMITT

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    NT and break him in slowly behind Jenkins

    When we switch to a 43 front, and Manigni does like to switch on occasion, Ellis gets subbed in on all 43 downs

    You can never have too many good linemen, or in the 34 too many good linebackers either

    Everyone needs a blow nowadays .. very few players take every snap, especially the linemen
    That's a lot of coin to invest for a rotational guy. We are already spending starter's money on three linemen (Jenkins, Ellis, Coleman), we already have some decent backup options in Pouha, Moseley and hopefully DeVito.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post

    That's a lot of coin to invest for a rotational guy. We are already spending starter's money on three linemen (Jenkins, Ellis, Coleman), we already have some decent backup options in Pouha, Moseley and hopefully DeVito.
    Yeah but you're breaking him in as a rotational guy, with long term designs on starting

    He'll get 20+ snaps while he's breaking in, enough chances to make an impact

    I see what you're saying, Ike, I just have to find a way to fit that kind of value into my TOP 6 .. afterall, Ellis is the #1 Player in the draft on my board, if I run a 43 he's the player I'm taking with the #1 overall pick, so I have to fit that value into my TOP 6 for the Jets

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Yeah but you're breaking him in as a rotational guy, with long term designs on starting

    He'll get 20+ snaps while he's breaking in, enough chances to make an impact

    I see what you're saying, Ike, I just have to find a way to fit that kind of value into my TOP 6 .. afterall, Ellis is the #1 Player in the draft on my board, if I run a 43 he's the player I'm taking with the #1 overall pick, so I have to fit that value into my TOP 6 for the Jets
    You can definately argue he's a top 6 player, but I just don't think any team can spend that kind of money on a guy who is going to be a backup for a couple years, (unless it's a QB). It's not like our new NT is old, he's only 28 I think, so he should have a good 4-5 years in him.

    If Mr. T can trade down at all, I really believe the Jets are going CB then WR. Maybe running back a bit later.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    You can definately argue he's a top 6 player, but I just don't think any team can spend that kind of money on a guy who is going to be a backup for a couple years, (unless it's a QB). It's not like our new NT is old, he's only 28 I think, so he should have a good 4-5 years in him.

    If Mr. T can trade down at all, I really believe the Jets are going CB then WR. Maybe running back a bit later.
    That's how I would see it playing out also. I think they would take their top rated CB who is still on the board and then hopefully Harvey at WR. That being said, I'm not too confident an opportunity to trade down will present itself.

  19. #19
    Gholston
    Jake Long
    Chris Long
    Rogers-Cromartie
    Jenkins
    Mendenhall
    Stewart

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Yeah but you're breaking him in as a rotational guy, with long term designs on starting

    He'll get 20+ snaps while he's breaking in, enough chances to make an impact

    I see what you're saying, Ike, I just have to find a way to fit that kind of value into my TOP 6 .. afterall, Ellis is the #1 Player in the draft on my board, if I run a 43 he's the player I'm taking with the #1 overall pick, so I have to fit that value into my TOP 6 for the Jets
    I think Sedrick Ellis would be a great addition to the Jets. He is better than Coleman in mho. I would have no problem picking up a solid dlineman like that. Sedrick Ellis is an immovable monster. I'll take a guy like that in the trenches all day. Imangine a rotation of both Ellis's, Jenkins, Pouha, Mosely...that is tough to deal with during the game, especially if they stay fresh.

    AND it will open up holes for Harris, Pace, Thomas & whoever mans the other ILB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us