All League

Lightbulb The Dream Mock (March 5)

1. Miami Dolphins- Jake Long
    2. St Louis Rams- Chris Long
    3. Atlanta Falcons- Glenn Dorsey
    4. Oakland Raiders- Vernon Gholston
    5. KC Chiefs- Matt Ryan
    6. NY Jets- TRADED***
    Jets send #6 pick and 6th round pick and 2009 3rd round pick to Dallas for both 1st rounders, 2008 3rd round pick and 2009 4th round pick
    Dallas Cowboys select RB Darren McFadden

22. NY Jets select: G Brandon Albert, Virginia
    I love Brandon Albert, he is great value at #22, this guy would be a top ten pick if he stayed in school. He's not too fast, he doesn't pull as fast as other guards but his footwork is still amazing... he gives a nice first punch in the running game and has plenty of time to develop for this team. Realisitcally, I think he'd be a better RT than RG but who knows.... Thomas Jones, start thanking God.

28. NY Jets select: DT Kentwan Balmer, NC
    I hate choosing a Tar-heel because I hate them, but this kid is worth a second 1st rounder. 6'4" 300lb of athletic monster... obviously he's not the nose tackle, he'll be the RDE.. I think he put up something stupid at the combine, like 35 reps on the bench. Last year the Jets had no push up front, now they have a nice push foward. He's been an underachiever up to last year, but with the right coaching he can stick to his A game.

round 2: OLB Shawn Crable, Michigan
    Yea, yea, yea, they signed Pace... big woop. I never even heard of Pace until we were interested in him... I don't think he'll bust, but I'm more than 100% postive that he's not worth 40 mill. Shawn Crable is 6'5" 250lb BLITZER... I know a lot of you like Cliff Avril, but I don't. Cliff is too small for this team, that is undersized to begin with, he doesn't have the stregnth for a true 3/4 defense. Shawn Crable will suit up nice next to his old teamate, David Harris... btw, the most intriguing stat that Crable posts is his 28 tackles for loss last season... that's ****ing awsome, i don't care where you're from... look at every other OLBs TFL loss last year, they're not even close.

round 3: MAAA BOOOYYYYIII- RB Jamaal Charles, texas.
    PLAYMAKER!! That's it.
    This ****ing kid is a RB in every sense of the word. he's not too big 5'10 200lb, he's not blazing fast (even tho he did post up a nice 4.38 forty)
    What he does is HIT THE HOLE. Watch the tape, look how patient he is, once he sees an opening, it's over, he gets there and he keeps his feet moving.. His hands are also better than half the RBs in this class.... Charles, w/ time will grow into a nice feature back.

4th round: ***** SLEEEEEEEEPER******
    Jets select: CB ZACH BOWMAN
    He burst on the scene coming out of HS and it went downhill for him since. Tore his ACL in 2006 and then tore his right patellar tendon in 2007.. obvously there is a bust factor here, sitting alone on the fact that he has only played 22 college games with 9 starts--- there's still is potential for this kid... he posted a nice 4.43 forty and he's still one of the few CBs in the draft that will help in run support, which is needed here. Listen, Randy Moss needs to be stopped, i'm not saying this kid is the answer but he adds depth and has a better chance to be the BOOM not the BUST. CB is still a concern for this team, we aren't EVER going to stop the Brady-to-Moss, but we can limmit the Brady-to-Welker and the Brady-to- Watson.

4th round: DE Brian Matson, Iowa
    4th round: S Tom Zibikowski, ND

5th round: WR Mourics Purify, Nebraska
    5th round: CB Glenn Sharpe, the U

6th: QB Kyle Wright, the U
    7th: TE Chris Wagner, South Dekota St.

All Pro
    I don't see it working out this way...

but i agree, Crable is a beast. the guy makes plays in the backfield all game and he loves to hit.

if there's no gholston in the 1st, Crable is the next best thing in the 2nd.

All Pro
    I've seen mocks with Crable going in the 3rd. Love and I mean LOVE the Albert pick and like the Balmer pick as we have a couple of no name DE's backed up by Mike Devito!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    6. NY Jets- TRADED***
    Jets send #6 pick and 6th round pick....
    We don't have a pick in the 6th rd.

Practice Squad
    Shawn Crable is 6'5" 250lb BLITZER... I know a lot of you like Cliff Avril, but I don't. Cliff is too small for this team, that is undersized to begin with, he doesn't have the stregnth for a true 3/4 defense.

Cliff Avril is 253 lbs Shawn Crable is 245 lbs. Cliff Avril looked better than Crable in the Senior Bowl and the combine. He is also a better all around player than Crable.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    Cliff Avril is 253 lbs Shawn Crable is 245 lbs. Cliff Avril looked better than Crable in the Senior Bowl and the combine. He is also a better all around player than Crable.
    no he isn't.

he is one-dimensional... he is a sack artist who might be 10lb more than crable but crable is about 10 times stronger... why don't you go back to those combine results and do a once over.

Practice Squad
    no he isn't.

he is one-dimensional... he is a sack artist who might be 10lb more than crable but crable is about 10 times stronger... why don't you go back to those combine results and do a once over.

OK Here is FoxSport's opinion on who performed the best at the combine:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7841876

A year after Anthony Spencer was one of the most impressive workout warriors and followed it up by a strong rookie year for Dallas, Purdue prospects were among the most impressive with tight end Dustin Keller, linebacker Stanford Kegler and defensive end Cliff Avril all testing as well as anyone at their respective positions. The 252-pound Avril moved like a linebacker with phenomenal quickness, leading all defensive linemen in the 3-cone drill, while Kegler led all linebackers with 29 reps in the bench press and topping everyone in the broad jump. He also came up with a solid 4.58 40 to go along with a 34-inch vertical, but it was his quickness that jumped off the charts by leading the linebackers in the three-cone drill and blowing everyone out of the water in the 20-yard shuttle.

If you "Google" Cliff Avril under "news" the first 10 links are about the combine. And Crable benched 2 more reps than Avril..not exactly "10X stronger"..

All League
    Nice thoughts.
    Don't know about Jamaal Charles in round 3...
    Does he really provide anything more than Leon Washington?
    Nice job though.