Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: FB Richardson/DB Wilson next?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,558

    FB Richardson/DB Wilson next?

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

    In addition to DB Eugene Wilson, free agent FB Tony Richardson visited with the Jets on Wednesday. The Jets aren't done spending just yet. If Wilson gets out of New York without a deal, he'll head to Tennessee. Richardson is also on the Rams' radar.

    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...done-shopping/

    JETS NOT DONE SHOPPING
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

    The Jets have been among the most active NFL teams in the early days of free agency, and they’re not done making moves.

    Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports that Bears special teams ace Brendon Ayanbadejo could be the team’s next free-agent signing. And Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Jets brought in Vikings free-agent fullback Tony Richardson and Patriots free-agent defensive back Eugene Wilson for visits today.

    Ayanbadejo and Wilson both have connections to the Jets’ coaching staff: New Jets special teams coordinator Kevin O’Dea spent the last two seasons working with Ayanbadejo as the Bears’ special teams assistant, and Wilson and Jets head coach Eric Mangini worked together in New England.

    Adding Richardson, one of the NFL’s best fullbacks, would be the latest sign that the Jets are determined to bolster their blocking. The Jets have already signed guard Alan Faneca and tackle Damien Woody.

    But the news that the Jets plan to spend even more money on free agents won’t sit well with the anonymous Jets veteran (who everyone believes is wide receiver Laveranues Coles) who complained about the Jets’ moves in free agency, saying, “You pay guys you don’t even know, and the guys in the locker room — the guys that have your back — you don’t give a damn about them.”

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    don't care much for Wilson, but would really like Tony R for 2 seasons.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    I wouldn't complain about any of those signings. Wilson would add some depth to the secondary and Richardson is a great blocker.

    As for Coles, he's one of my favorite Jets, but he is really starting to piss me off with this garbage he's pulling assuming he's the one making these statements. He's got two years left on his deal, is coming off a season in which he missed several games due to injury, and the team was 4-12. He's got no right to ***** and moan. Just shut up and play. He should be ecstatic about these moves rather than going the me first route and complaining.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 03-05-2008 at 08:12 PM.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    I would really like to see Wilson at FS. He will fit our system well
    But Owen Schmit for FB

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    don't care much for Wilson, but would really like Tony R for 2 seasons.
    agreed...Wilson would provide great depth but he's not a need signing. Richardson would be a great stop-gap...now let's get Dunn from KC and have SICK blocking.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Just get Richardson and I'll be happy.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Warren, NJ
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I wouldn't complain about any of those signings. Wilson would add some depth to the secondary and Richardson is a great blocker.

    As for Coles, he's one of my favorite Jets, but he is really starting to piss me off with this garbage he's pulling assuming he's the one making these statements. He's got two years left on his deal, is coming off a season in which he missed several games due to injury, and the team was 4-12. He's got no right to ***** and. Just shut up and play. He should be ecstatic about these moves rather than going the me first route and complaining.
    Good post...love coles, but this is the third time he's complained about his deal. I get his frustration, but he's been moved twice after these complaints and signed for big contracts (not to mention, the Jets showed faith in drafting him after his issues at FSU, although it seems like he was the scapegoat). How 'bout some loyalty to the team that brought you in twice regardless of your beefs and paranoia. If in fact he was promised more, then fair play to him (he definitely leaves everything on the field week after week, and he's a tough sob, plays through injuries). On the surface, it appears to be a trend though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

    In addition to DB Eugene Wilson, free agent FB Tony Richardson visited with the Jets on Wednesday. The Jets aren't done spending just yet. If Wilson gets out of New York without a deal, he'll head to Tennessee. Richardson is also on the Rams' radar.

    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...done-shopping/

    JETS NOT DONE SHOPPING
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

    The Jets have been among the most active NFL teams in the early days of free agency, and they’re not done making moves.

    Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports that Bears special teams ace Brendon Ayanbadejo could be the team’s next free-agent signing. And Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Jets brought in Vikings free-agent fullback Tony Richardson and Patriots free-agent defensive back Eugene Wilson for visits today.

    Ayanbadejo and Wilson both have connections to the Jets’ coaching staff: New Jets special teams coordinator Kevin O’Dea spent the last two seasons working with Ayanbadejo as the Bears’ special teams assistant, and Wilson and Jets head coach Eric Mangini worked together in New England.

    Adding Richardson, one of the NFL’s best fullbacks, would be the latest sign that the Jets are determined to bolster their blocking. The Jets have already signed guard Alan Faneca and tackle Damien Woody.

    But the news that the Jets plan to spend even more money on free agents won’t sit well with the anonymous Jets veteran (who everyone believes is wide receiver Laveranues Coles) who complained about the Jets’ moves in free agency, saying, “You pay guys you don’t even know, and the guys in the locker room — the guys that have your back — you don’t give a damn about them.”
    Say what ya want but LC has never been shy about letting his feelings be known. I would not bet money that he said this.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,843
    Our FB talent evaluation must be the crappiest in the league between Pocsiak and Barnes. I actually thought Barnes did well last year but he certianly seemed to fall out of favor.

    2008: RETIRE BRAD BAXTER'S NUMBER!!!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    if we sign wilson its to play CB

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    if we sign wilson its to play CB
    Y not FS?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvismax View Post
    Good post...love coles, but this is the third time he's complained about his deal. I get his frustration, but he's been moved twice after these complaints and signed for big contracts (not to mention, the Jets showed faith in drafting him after his issues at FSU, although it seems like he was the scapegoat). How 'bout some loyalty to the team that brought you in twice regardless of your beefs and paranoia. If in fact he was promised more, then fair play to him (he definitely leaves everything on the field week after week, and he's a tough sob, plays through injuries). On the surface, it appears to be a trend though.
    Absolutely. They already showed loyalty to him by bringing him back here and giving him the big contract. He's has to hold up his end of the bargain. Sure he plays his heart out, but he gets paid like it already.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvismax View Post
    Good post...love coles, but this is the third time he's complained about his deal. I get his frustration, but he's been moved twice after these complaints and signed for big contracts (not to mention, the Jets showed faith in drafting him after his issues at FSU, although it seems like he was the scapegoat). How 'bout some loyalty to the team that brought you in twice regardless of your beefs and paranoia. If in fact he was promised more, then fair play to him (he definitely leaves everything on the field week after week, and he's a tough sob, plays through injuries). On the surface, it appears to be a trend though.
    couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Coles fan but I think he's worn out his welcome on this team (see Terry Glenn). Jets should draft a WR high in round 2 and I think they will.

    Coles to PHI for Sheppard....come on...makes too much sense!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,443
    how about pennigton/robertson 4 quinn

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,558
    I too have always liked Coles (for his sure hands, toughness and tenacity), but I'm over his pissing and moaning. I'd love to see us draft a decent WR and see what happens after that.

    I'm all for signing Richardson, but I bet AP isn't. If we do sign him, I'm curious to see how much of a hit Peterson's production takes.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10,084
    "Pay for guys you don't know"

    LOL, what did they play in Guam last season? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard come out of a football players mouth, Coles should be shipped out just for that stupid ****.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Warren, NJ
    Posts
    486
    Kerry Rhodes is the only player with a a right to complain, and the FO should be working on that right now.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I wouldn't complain about any of those signings. Wilson would add some depth to the secondary and Richardson is a great blocker.

    As for Coles, he's one of my favorite Jets, but he is really starting to piss me off with this garbage he's pulling assuming he's the one making these statements. He's got two years left on his deal, is coming off a season in which he missed several games due to injury, and the team was 4-12. He's got no right to ***** and moan. Just shut up and play. He should be ecstatic about these moves rather than going the me first route and complaining.

    Agree. Coles is a warrior. And being well compensated. For two more years! And 4-12 = Tangini better take care of business. And They are =Goodbye:




    McCraphands
    Clement
    Dyson
    Coleman
    Hobson
    Clarke
    Others??
    Nice players that had to go = Vilma. Poteat
    Out the door soon = D'Rob.
    Pennington = Maybe
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 03-05-2008 at 09:59 PM.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Been wanting Richardson for awhile---Wilson, not so much.

    Btw, I really want somone that compliments KR. A tough hitter, in the box safety..Not a CB type guy.

  20. #20
    We need an effective blocking FB reeaal bad. Richardson would be a good 2 year signing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us