Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City's a much more likely trading partner for Dallas

All Pro

Kansas City's a much more likely trading partner for Dallas

Half the mocks have us trading back with Dallas but it appears to me that KC is a much better trading partner for the following reasons:

1. The Jets could actually draft DMC for themselves necessitating Dallas leapfrog us.

2. KC has more holes than a suicide bomber. They want O line help and with the depth this year they could replenish the line with say Alberts at 22 and Cherilus at 28. This is a no brainer for them if St. Lou takes Jake Long.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Half the mocks have us trading back with Dallas but it appears to me that KC is a much better trading partner for the following reasons:

1. The Jets could actually draft DMC for themselves necessitating Dallas leapfrog us.

2. KC has more holes than a suicide bomber. They want O line help and with the depth this year they could replenish the line with say Alberts at 22 and Cherilus at 28. This is a no brainer for them if St. Lou takes Jake Long.
    thank god someone finally has applied common sense!

i couldn't agree with you more, my man.

everyone, stop making the bullsh!t mock drafts with a NYJ DAL trade. it's not going to happen. quit dreaming and start preparing for whatever falls to the jets at 6.

Banned
    Every team that drafts in front of us makes a better trading partner.

Thats what I have been saying this whole time. If Dallas really wants DMC, then why trade with us. Why not make sure you get him and trade with first 3 teams?

Oakland is the only threat of taking DMC.

Ronnie Brown
    Stephen Jackson
    Michael Turner
    Justin Fargas???
    Larry Johnson

One again, if they want DMC so bad they would make sure they get him and trade with top 3 teams.

All League
    The reason that I think we're such a good candidate to trade down is that there's no player that our FO appears to be in love with, nor is there a gaping hole of need anywhere on the team, really. You'd have to give a king's ransom to any of the teams ahead of us to trade back, but I'll bet we'd be happy with less so that we can get out of 6.

It's my guess, but I bet I'm right.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post

Thats what I have been saying this whole time. If Dallas really wants DMC, then why trade with us. Why not make sure you get him and trade with first 3 teams?

Oakland is the only threat of taking DMC.

Ronnie Brown
    Stephen Jackson
    Michael Turner
    Justin Fargas???
    Larry Johnson

One again, if they want DMC so bad they would make sure they get him and trade with top 3 teams.
    Juston Fargas, Dominick Rhodes, Lamont Jordon, Michael BUsh

And a gaping hole at the DT postion woth two studs available at 4
    Last edited by ADemas; 03-05-2008 at 09:05 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post

Thats what I have been saying this whole time.

paradnoid, did you read this? JJ is not going to chance us taking DMC for ourselves if he really wants him.

it may be too much to give up to jump into the top 3, but if OAK passes on DMC, KC will be getting calls to trade down, and they'll gladly take it unless they're dead set on getting jake, ellis or dorsey.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    paradnoid, did you read this? JJ is not going to chance us taking DMC for ourselves if he really wants him.

it may be too much to give up to jump into the top 3, but if OAK passes on DMC, KC will be getting calls to trade down, and they'll gladly take it unless they're dead set on getting jake, ellis or dorsey.
    ...whiiiich is why you negotiate with us.

If you can get the Chiefs pick for two firsts, a third and another second next year or our first for two firsts and maybe a fourth, then you'd deal with us. If you fear us taking McFadden then dealing with US makes more sense, not KC... unless you think that KC is more desperate to trade down than we are, which I am claiming is not true.

All Pro
    so what you're saying is, JJ calls us to ask "are you guys taking DMC at 6? would you rather trade down than take him?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Paranoid Jet View Post
    The reason that I think we're such a good candidate to trade down is that there's no player that our FO appears to be in love with, nor is there a gaping hole of need anywhere on the team, really. You'd have to give a king's ransom to any of the teams ahead of us to trade back, but I'll bet we'd be happy with less so that we can get out of 6.

It's my guess, but I bet I'm right.
    What's a kings ransom if you are already willing to trade both your 1st rounders, possibly another pick this year/possilby one next year, possibly a player with a team that is picking in the 6th spot.

I mean how much more could it possibly be?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Juston Fargas, Dominick Rhodes, Lamont Jordon, Michael BUsh

And a gaping hole at the DT postion woth two studs available at 4
    Fargas is purely average, Rhodes is less then that, Jordan is still a likely cut, and Michael Bush needs to prove he's even healthy.

I wouldn't say a gaping hole at DT. Tommy Kelly and Gerard Warren/Terdell Sands isn't terrible, although I think they'd take Sedrick Ellis if given the chance, but it's not as obvious as you're implying.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Fargas is purely average, Rhodes is less then that, Jordan is still a likely cut, and Michael Bush needs to prove he's even healthy.

I wouldn't say a gaping hole at DT. Tommy Kelly and Gerard Warren/Terdell Sands isn't terrible, although I think they'd take Sedrick Ellis if given the chance, but it's not as obvious as you're implying.
    Im thinking Gholston for Oak, if hes not gone by then. Im sure our boy Ryan is already dying for him so he can give multiple looks.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    Im thinking Gholston for Oak, if hes not gone by then. Im sure our boy Ryan is already dying for him so he can give multiple looks.
    Is there any possibility Ryan eventually gets the boot from Oakland?

I agree that the biggest plus for Dallas trading with us is the less picks they'd have to give up plus the less they'd have to pay DMC.

However, given our recent signings we are much more likely to draft the BPA and can now afford luxury picks like a stud RB despite being solid in the position. Jones knows this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

Thanks for agreeing. Remember to keep the tone respectful in the draft forum. This ain't the strip.

All Pro
    Is there any possibility Ryan eventually gets the boot from Oakland?

I agree that the biggest plus for Dallas trading with us is the less picks they'd have to give up plus the less they'd have to pay DMC.

However, given our recent signings we are much more likely to draft the BPA and can now afford luxury picks like a stud RB despite being solid in the position. Jones knows this.
    His contract is up next year...And theres no Franchising DC's....

I like the thread btw, and now that Im thinking about it I can just about make a case for everyone in the top 6 to move down except the raiders(They dont usually do that).

Who will end up trading down for Mcfadden--Probably whoever gives up the best deal. Im SURE that Dallas will call us pre draft along with every other team and ask for Prices. Obviously the earlier they move up the more they have to pay(KC could ask for a first next year if they wanted to too). I really dont think theres any shot we draft DMC so our trade prob would worked out before we even get on the clock==

Hall Of Fame
    Since when does Oakland draft because of what their coaches want?

If Rob Ryan got what he wanted, he would have been in a 3-4 two years ago.

Now there's a chance it might be Gholston because we all know that Al Davis loves workout warriors. But it won't be because of Rob Ryan asking for the guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

Simple fact is that the Raiders had the 6th rated rush offense last year. Call Fargas average or whatever but when your 6th in the league it doesn't seem like a big area of weakness.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Simple fact is that the Raiders had the 6th rated rush offense last year. Call Fargas average or whatever but when your 6th in the league it doesn't seem like a big area of weakness.
    Maybe not, but keep in mind who's running the show over there. You really think he's looked at the stats to figure out what areas are stronger then others?

All Pro
    His contract is up next year...And theres no Franchising DC's....

I like the thread btw, and now that Im thinking about it I can just about make a case for everyone in the top 6 to move down except the raiders(They dont usually do that).

Who will end up trading down for Mcfadden--Probably whoever gives up the best deal. Im SURE that Dallas will call us pre draft along with every other team and ask for Prices. Obviously the earlier they move up the more they have to pay(KC could ask for a first next year if they wanted to too). I really dont think theres any shot we draft DMC so our trade prob would worked out before we even get on the clock==
    Another year of Sutton then Hopefully Eric calls some games this season.

If we trade down I think it'd be more likely to Cincy if Dorsey or Ellis is there, maybe a diff top 15 team. If Ryan somehow falls the Ravens will be calling.

If the top 5 stays put it does look like there's a decent shot DMC falls to 6, obviously Oakland would have to take a D-lineman instead. I have to think the Jets would be very tempted. I know the character question is big for these guys plus we have some good backs but this front office is changing their spots every off-season. They've shifted aggressive. A RB at 1.6 and a WR at 2.5 ... impossible just a week ago.

All Pro
    Another year of Sutton then Hopefully Eric calls some games this season.

If we trade down I think it'd be more likely to Cincy if Dorsey or Ellis is there, maybe a diff top 15 team. If Ryan somehow falls the Ravens will be calling.

If the top 5 stays put it does look like there's a decent shot DMC falls to 6, obviously Oakland would have to take a D-lineman instead. I have to think the Jets would be very tempted. I know the character question is big for these guys plus we have some good backs but this front office is changing their spots every off-season. They've shifted aggressive. A RB at 1.6 and a WR at 2.5 ... impossible just a week ago.
    Totally agree.

I was just thinking about how alot of the great offense has there triplets (Romo, Owens, Barber) (Manning, Harrison/Wayne, Addai) etc.

Our Trips suck. Alot. And there all 30 possibly(Pennington, Jones, Coles) Vomit.

All Pro
    Totally agree.

I was just thinking about how alot of the great offense has there triplets (Romo, Owens, Barber) (Manning, Harrison/Wayne, Addai) etc.

Our Trips suck. Alot. And there all 30 possibly(Pennington, Jones, Coles) Vomit.

Clemens/McFadden/Hardy (or D. Jackson->he's a shrimp, I'm expecting him to drop)

What do you guy's think about the possibility of a TE at 2.5? Davis or Carlson.