Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: New and Improved Mock

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110

    New and Improved Mock

    Trades

    DT Dewayne Robertson to Cincy for their 2008 4th and 5th round picks


    Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

    1st round: RB Darren McFadden - Arkansas

    2nd round: WR James Hardy - Indiana

    4th round: OLB Darrell Robertson - Georgia Tech

    4th round: OG Robert Felton - Arkansas (from Saints)

    4th round: ILB Jeremy Leman - Illinois (from Bengals)

    5th round: CB Antwaun Molden - Eastern Kentucky (from Bengals)



    2008 Starting Lineup

    QB Kellen Clemens

    RB Thomas Jones/Darren McFadden

    FB Tony Richardson

    WR Laveranues Coles
    WR Jerricho Cotchery, James Hardy (slot)

    TE Chris Baker

    LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Alan Faneca
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Damien Woody


    DE Shaun Ellis
    NT Kris Jenkins
    DE Kenyon Coleman

    OLB Calvin Pace
    ILB David Harris
    ILB Eric Barton
    OLB Bryan Thomas

    CB Darrelle Revis
    CB Andre Woolfolk/Justin Miller

    FS Kerry Rhodes

    SS Abram Elam

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Overall a very excellent and appealing draft, good job. The only pick I might quibble with a bit is Leman but just slightly. I really like all the other players you have chosen.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    942
    I love the first two picks anything after that is Gravy... I like how after we get the Offensive Playmakers, we draft Depth for Defense and get an O-lineman

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,004
    What happens to Washington??? I wonder how many he carries he gets if we get McFadden..... Washington is one hell of a talent to leave sitting on the bench.... I feel if we draft McFadden then we trade Jones..... I wonder how Jones would feel about that after we just rebuilt the line...... and got a thumper FB.....

  5. #5
    DRob isn't going to be traded for anything. He'll get his agent to stonewall any deal. Then he gets released and can negotiate the best compensation. Jets get bupkis.

    I love the last two draft picks. I think Molden can be a player in the league. And if Leman recovers from his ankle injury, he'd be a great backup ILB.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Untouchable, if the Jets get McFadden and Hardy, I will be ESTATIC. That is my perfect draft scnerio. but Hardy keeps moving up, it suck, I want him bad.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    Untouchable, if the Jets get McFadden and Hardy, I will be ESTATIC. That is my perfect draft scnerio. but Hardy keeps moving up, it suck, I want him bad.
    I feel the same way.

    The biggest impact player in the draft and a 6'7 receiver! Wow.


    You then spread the carries between Jones, McFadden and Washington. In reality, Jones only has two or so good seasons left.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Trades

    DT Dewayne Robertson to Cincy for their 2008 4th and 5th round picks


    Mock Draft (5 Rounds)

    1st round: RB Darren McFadden - Arkansas

    2nd round: WR James Hardy - Indiana

    4th round: OLB Darrell Robertson - Georgia Tech

    4th round: OG Robert Felton - Arkansas (from Saints)

    4th round: ILB Jeremy Leman - Illinois (from Bengals)

    5th round: CB Antwaun Molden - Eastern Kentucky (from Bengals)



    2008 Starting Lineup

    QB Kellen Clemens

    RB Thomas Jones/Darren McFadden

    FB Tony Richardson

    WR Laveranues Coles
    WR Jerricho Cotchery, James Hardy (slot)

    TE Chris Baker

    LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Alan Faneca
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Damien Woody


    DE Shaun Ellis
    NT Kris Jenkins
    DE Kenyon Coleman

    OLB Calvin Pace
    ILB David Harris
    ILB Eric Barton
    OLB Bryan Thomas

    CB Darrelle Revis
    CB Andre Woolfolk/Justin Miller

    FS Kerry Rhodes

    SS Abram Elam
    YOU KNow what is different this offseason than others? When people do their mocks this year, we actually have THOSE players on the roster. Usually it's other team palyers on our wish list. Nice mock, would love to see the D-Rob gone.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    As touched on, I think D-Rob is going to D-Rail any trade talks hoping to get released, and I'm not comfterable not doing more to fill our CB needs. Those are the 2 main problems I see.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,113
    Good job. your depth chart illustrates our gaping hole at CB. I hope Miller is the answer but penciling in Woolfolk as the starting after sitting out a year could be a disaster. If the draft goes like this, we had better have resigned Poteat.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Good job. your depth chart illustrates our gaping hole at CB. I hope Miller is the answer but penciling in Woolfolk as the starting after sitting out a year could be a disaster. If the draft goes like this, we had better have resigned Poteat.
    iwas thinking the same thing. everything else looks real good though.

    Maybe DC?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Good job. your depth chart illustrates our gaping hole at CB. I hope Miller is the answer but penciling in Woolfolk as the starting after sitting out a year could be a disaster. If the draft goes like this, we had better have resigned Poteat.
    Yup. Plus Hardy won't make it to the 2nd round. Better put a CB in for the first 4th rounder at the minimum.

    All this says is how much we need to recoup that 3rd rounder we lost to Carolina...

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,113
    With the depth at corner early in this draft, maybe someone like Flowers slips through the cracks, I would also be excited to add maybe Devin Thomas with 2. I cannot imagine how much the speed of our offense would be improved with the McFadden & Thomas!

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    We're so ridiculously suspect at that #2 CB spot from the way things look right now....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us