All League

OT: Sirius Vs. XM

Sirius Advantages:

-NFL
    -Howard Stern

XM Advantages

-Live in the studio artist recordings
    -Major League baseball

Now you might have heard that XM and Sirius are supposed to merge but some idiots in Congress have terrestial radio dollars in their back pockets and are putting it off but here are my thoughts:

-I do miss Howard a little. He can be good at times but his time off, including every Friday, and the same old same old plus his posturing now for a new contract kind of wore me out.

-I listen to the classic rock stations and on Sirius I was getting really tired of hearing the same old songs. I mean how many times can I listen to "My Woman from Tokyo" by Deep Purple? So far on the XM Classic rock I have not heart that "playlist" songs that I was hearing on Sirius.

Bottom Line: Unless you have to have your Howard and NFL radio they are both about equal. I have a 3 month subscription to XM with my new car and I do believe the merger will eventually go through in case I will have Howard again, but I don't really miss him. By the way it's obvious that Howard wants big bucks to stay as I guess the $80 million he got from Sirius was not enough.

No love for O and A?

All Pro
    Stern: The Lav. Coles of satellite radio.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
    Can't argue with you there. The guy takes more time off then God, every Friday and at least 8 weeks vacation at last count. He has become an "A" list celebrity living in Manhattan and the Hamptons and listening to Artie Lange slowly kill himself with alcohol, drugs and overeating is not pleasurable

Rookie
    My brother and I have Sirius. My parents have XM. If you like to listen to new music that isn't top 20 then you need to get Sirius. Sirius has college and indie stations as well as plenty of alternative stations that will play new music that isn't the played out crap. NFL radio is awesome, I listen to it every time I'm alone and doing a long car ride.

XM is good if you like opera and oprah...and if you want to listen to anything that came out after 2000 you are stuck with top hits which aren't even good songs most of the time.

Veteran
    Good line. I'll date myself, but I first started listening to Howard in 1982 when I got my first real job after college. I was in a car most of the day and he (in the afternoon) and Imus (in the morning) made driving fun. I was really pi**ed off when he went to Sirius leaving all of us fans out in the cold. On principle, I won't pay for radio.

Hall Of Fame
    Arent they merging though?

Veteran
    I Own a bunch of SIRIS stock but would never pay for radio.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good line. I'll date myself, but I first started listening to Howard in 1982 when I got my first real job after college. I was in a car most of the day and he (in the afternoon) and Imus (in the morning) made driving fun. I was really pi**ed off when he went to Sirius leaving all of us fans out in the cold. On principle, I won't pay for radio.
    Thanks.

I was never a big fan of Stern, but I'm with ya. Paying for radio is ridiculous.

That's why I have an iPod.

Veteran
    Thanks.

I was never a big fan of Stern, but I'm with ya. Paying for radio is ridiculous.

That's why I have an iPod.
    My brother has Sirius and loves it. Likes having Howard uncensored and their Metal channel. I'm with you: since I got my IPod, I like to listen to the tunes I want in the order I want. All other stations pretty much play the same songs over and over.

All Pro
    I'll date myself as well..but with the schedule Stern works, he is more like The Johnny Carson of Satellite Radio.

All League
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    i love my sirius. mine doesnt change from the nfl channel unless i am listening to a nfl game on sunday or my daughter turns it to disney.

XM just added an all George Strait station, which i would love but i am happy with sirius.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    i love my sirius. mine doesnt change from the nfl channel unless i am listening to a nfl game on sunday or my daughter turns it to disney.

XM just added an all George Strait station, which i would love but i am happy with sirius.
    What brings you to JI since your a Steelers fan?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Now you've gone and started it again. Hold on.

All Pro
    arent they suppose to merge?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    cant a fan from another team come and hang out ??lol.

seriously, my sister is a huge jets fan and i came across this board for her. and i decided to join and hang out with you guys. in fact i have spent more time on this board than i have my steeler board in the past few weeks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    arent they suppose to merge?
    Yes they are but there the terrestial radio lobby has a lot of money and they are buying politicans to stop the merger.

Now I know a lot of people "won't pay for radio" but for me the meeger $12 per month is worth it so I don't have to listen to those damn annoying commercials. On Stern 101 & 100 you pay plus have to listen to annoying commercial breaks

Veteran

seriously, my sister is a huge jets fan and i came across this board for her. and i decided to join and hang out with you guys. in fact i have spent more time on this board than i have my steeler board in the past few weeks.
    Here are the gals fighting over Ches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhKb-zZoWE

Hall Of Fame

Theres no problem with me.. I was just wondering.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Here are the gals fighting over Ches.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhKb-zZoWE
    i am a lover not a fighter...