Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If these 5 are gone, then who at 6?

Hall Of Fame

If these 5 are gone, then who at 6?

So, if Long, Long, Gholston, Dorsey and McFadden are gone, then who at 6?

Not a fan of Ryan, want nothing to do with any QB at 6.

If either of the Longs are a pipe dreams to last to 6, and my favorite hopeful Gholston is gone, and McFadden is also gone (if he were there at 6 and alll the others are off the board, while he's not what we need, I would think we would have to take him), and we can't trade out of the spot, then who?

Don't want Cedric Ellis.

Who? Been so focused on Gholston, can't even think of who else.

We really need someone ANYONE to take Ryan. Eat up a draft spot.

All League
    Trade down or select Mendenhall.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if it goes like that the best available players are Mendenhall, Ellis, Ryan and BAP CB. Take Mendenhall, could do alot worse.

All League
    I'd go with Mendenhall.

Mendenhall or maybe Rodgers-Cromatie

JetsInsider.com Legend
    1. Trade down
    2. Take R. Mendenhall.

All League
    Trade down and take Mendenhall

I would probably go Ryan, Mendenhall or Rodgers-Cromartie, in that order.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if it goes like that the best available players are Mendenhall, Ellis, Ryan and BAP CB. Take Mendenhall, could do alot worse.
    I agree with bitonti.

I think that unless we get another CB then a CB may be on the top of that list. I don't think any are worthy of a 6st pick though. I think at this point though Mendenhall is the best pick.

All Pro
    mendenhall

quentin groves

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    So, if Long, Long, Gholston, Dorsey and McFadden are gone, then who at 6?

Not a fan of Ryan, want nothing to do with any QB at 6.

If either of the Longs are a pipe dreams to last to 6, and my favorite hopeful Gholston is gone, and McFadden is also gone (if he were there at 6 and alll the others are off the board, while he's not what we need, I would think we would have to take him), and we can't trade out of the spot, then who?

Don't want Cedric Ellis.

Who? Been so focused on Gholston, can't even think of who else.

We really need someone ANYONE to take Ryan. Eat up a draft spot.
    My querry was if we can't trade out of the spot.

Mendenhall it looks like. Too early for one of the top WRs? Way too much of a reach? No one is projecting any of them to go top 10.

Damn, it would really help if Ellis and Ryan go top 5. And/or McFadden.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    My querry was if we can't trade out of the spot.

Mendenhall it looks like. Too early for one of the top WRs? Way too much of a reach? No one is projecting any of them to go top 10.

Damn, it would really help if Ellis and Ryan go top 5. And/or McFadden.
    I would go the other way- it's going to help if Gholston goes top five.

There are quite a few people who think none of the receivers carry a first round grade, and it's a position which is generally poor value in the first round even when there are legitimate guys. Stay far, far away.

Rodgers-Cromartie is going to go between 7-10, so I can't say he would be bad value per se. And unlike Ryan or Mendenhall, he's far superior physically to the guys who would be available at his position in the second round. So there's a real argument to be made for him.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Trade down or select Mendenhall.
    That would be great, I would not complain. However, do we really need another RB?

I would like to see us trade down a couple of spots, if Jake Long is not there, and draft Otah!

Practice Squad
    sleeper pick malcom kelly

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanmac31 View Post
    I would go the other way- it's going to help if Gholston goes top five.

There are quite a few people who think none of the receivers carry a first round grade, and it's a position which is generally poor value in the first round even when there are legitimate guys. Stay far, far away.

Rodgers-Cromartie is going to go between 7-10, so I can't say he would be bad value per se. And unlike Ryan or Mendenhall, he's far superior physically to the guys who would be available at his position in the second round. So there's a real argument to be made for him.

I agree - if we're not going to be able to trade out, I would grab Rodgers-Cromartie. With the additions of Pace and Jenkins I am hoping we will have a much better pass rush this year. (Actually, that shouldn't be too hard considering what we're coming from). In that situation it really isn't that bad of an idea to have another shut down potential corner and he would be the least of the reaches for us at #6.

Hall Of Fame
    I'll be upset if we take a CB at 6. If we do it's an endictment on the quality of the other positions in the draft. I do not believe that any of the CB's in this draft are better than Darelle Revis who we took at 14 last year.

I also kind of dispute the notion that the top level CB's are so much superior to the next level and that the RB's aren't. There are some very good backs in this draft through alot of rounds but DMC, Mendenhall and Stewart (pre injury) are one level higher than the rest in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-14-2008 at 03:24 PM.

All League
    I agree with the consensus of the board... Mendenhall would be my choice. I would be surprised, but not that upset, if we even selected him with McFadden there. However, if DMac is available and we don't select him or trade down, that's a mistake.

Another guy to look at is Harvey... I know, I know, he might not have that top 10 talent and there are a lot of other BAPs, but as the Giants proved this past season, you can never have enough pass rushing. Our front seven will be so dramatically improved over last year, you wouldn't even think it was the same team.

Veteran
    Re-draft Anthony Schlegel.

Hall Of Fame
    Joe Flacco

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detr0 View Post
    sleeper pick malcom kelly
    I'd put myself to sleep alright.

I'll say Matt Ryan but I would love Mendenhall too.