Thread: Brad Smith:32 players to watch in 08'

Brad Smith:32 players to watch in 08'

Didn't see this posted anywhere and thought it was interesting to discuss considering many on the board are in favor of placing Wr at the top of positions that need to be improved upon.

32 players to watch in ‘08
    By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

New York Jets: Brad Smith, WR
    With Justin McCareins released by the team last month, Smith should finally be able to focus on developing a capable option next to Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery. Smith made healthy strides between his rookie season and last year’s sophomore campaign while continuing a transition from playing quarterback in college. Like most players making the move, Year 3 should showcase his biggest jump forward.

I know Brad Smith had a few bad drops last season. I am not ready to discard this highly talented player. Considering that he is learning this new position at the NFL level and maybe, just maybe he is ready to break out and be more than what he has shown thus far on offense............

All Pro
    i believe this thread is a day late

All Pro
    didn't someone just post this article?

Sorry fellas. Didnt see it posted. Please delete

Let's hope this is the year.

Practice Squad
    among his other jobs, he should be the Jets holder for extra points or field goals. No one would know how to defend against him. The guys a weapon.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako Jet View Post
    among his other jobs, he should be the Jets holder for extra points or field goals. No one would know how to defend against him. The guys a weapon.
    interesting proposition. I haven't really thought about that

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere and thought it was interesting to discuss considering many on the board are in favor of placing Wr at the top of positions that need to be improved upon.

32 players to watch in ‘08
    By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

New York Jets: Brad Smith, WR
    With Justin McCareins released by the team last month, Smith should finally be able to focus on developing a capable option next to Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery. Smith made healthy strides between his rookie season and last year’s sophomore campaign while continuing a transition from playing quarterback in college. Like most players making the move, Year 3 should showcase his biggest jump forward.

I know Brad Smith had a few bad drops last season. I am not ready to discard this highly talented player. Considering that he is learning this new position at the NFL level and maybe, just maybe he is ready to break out and be more than what he has shown thus far on offense............
    I think all he needs is to be in the game...he is only being used for trick stuff and he is better than that...

Hall Of Fame
    Why couldnt we have just drafted a guy who played receiver in college?

Anyways, im hoping he will continue to develop. He needs to work on the drops. I mean when you see a young receiver struggling with blocking or with routes, you can usually chalk that up to inexperience and in many instances it improves with time. Not being able to catch though, is not being able to catch. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999 View Post
    I think all he needs is to be in the game...he is only being used for trick stuff and he is better than that...
    Good point dude...
    Maybe if they try to incorporate him a little more in the normal offense, he will have a chance to stabilize. He's flashy, but I would say 08' is a make or break season for him. If he ever plans on being anything higher than a #4 that is.

Bet Jet 08"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Why couldnt we have just drafted a guy who played receiver in college?

Anyways, im hoping he will continue to develop. He needs to work on the drops. I mean when you see a young receiver struggling with blocking or with routes, you can usually chalk that up to inexperience and in many instances it improves with time. Not being able to catch though, is not being able to catch. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
    My thoughts exactly. The guy just can't catch. That's usually something that doesn't improve with time like route running. I don't expect much of a break out year from him.

All League
    brad smith is a wide receiver, their job is to CATCH the ball.. oh yeah he can't CATCH the ball.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    brad smith is a wide receiver, their job is to CATCH the ball.. oh yeah he can't CATCH the ball.

He can catch the ball...but you have to throw it to him ! If he gets some reps he will start catching the ball....he has not played enough to see if he can...when he comes into the game 3 or 4 times a game...the D keys on him...use him more and he will be productive...if not say goodbye...but find out first...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999 View Post
    He can catch the ball...but you have to throw it to him ! If he gets some reps he will start catching the ball....he has not played enough to see if he can...when he comes into the game 3 or 4 times a game...the D keys on him...use him more and he will be productive...if not say goodbye...but find out first...
    You must admit, we have actually seen him make some nice grabs to go alond with the drops, he does deserve some credit there. But the Jets play calling with him is wrong. How many times did we see him used on fade routes in the red zone? This is not something he is good at yet. We need to get him work in certain situations and I think he can flourish.

All Pro
    Chansi Stucky was playing very well in preseason before he was injured and placed on IR. I think there is as much of a chance that they think Stucky will fill the #3 slot over Smith. Sadly Smith is the tallest Jets WR at 6' 2". I would love to see them go after a tall target in the draft if possible. Kelly, Sweed and Hardy are all highly ranked WRs that are 6' 4" tall or taller in this draft. I would love to see the Jets trade down and take Hardy @ 6' 5.5"