Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Ryan on NY Jets individual workout-Foxsports

All League

Matt Ryan on NY Jets individual workout-Foxsports

Maybe you guys read this, but I didn't see this posted anywhere. I apologize if it was already posted.

Feel free to move this to the Draft Forum.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...-in-my-tracks?

This is Matt Ryan's diary on his workouts, etc He talks about his individual workouts with the Jets and Dolphins, in particular.
    But the Pro Day turned out to be a warmup for the real work. On the Thursday night before Good Friday, I had dinner with the Jets and I have to tell you, I totally clicked with their offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. What a great coach, great offensive mind, and he just has this thing about him that puts you at ease and makes you immediately feel like he's on your side trying to get you better. I was really impressed with how relaxed he makes you feel.

While I threw 52 passes at my Pro Day, the Jets had me make about 65 to 70 throws in a little over an hour. Maybe we should have planned better because due to the timing of the Jets and Dolphins workouts one was on Good Friday while the other was the day after Easter we had no wide receivers in town. But we more than made due. I had two very talented tight ends in John Loyte and Trey Koziol, and two running backs who both run routes like a wideout, Andre Callender and L.V. Whitworth. Even with no true wideouts, we didn't lack at all for guys who can get downfield and haul in passes.

The difference between the Jets workout and the Pro Day was the Jets wanted me to make throws and reads within their schemes. They wanted to see first-hand what balls I can throw from within their offense. They especially wanted to see my footwork in the pocket and had me make several throws on the move. They wanted to see where I could put the ball when I was forced to move out of the pocket.

I was as happy with the performance as I was with my Pro Day, but I got to throw on the run a bit more and show off my arm when under pressure and my footwork a little bit more. I loved it.

Banned
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    :akf:

Hall Of Fame
    Its encouraging to see that the Jets are clearly being very thorough. Not just the fact that they're essentially looking at all of the potential picks at their spot, but that they are very specific in how they are working these guys out. You also have to love his comments about B-Schottz. Obviously Schottenheimer made his bones as a QB coach, but its nice to see guys being really complementary of and comfortable with him. Its always a benefit to a team to have your coaches well liked and respected.

I wouldn't mind us taking a shot on Ryan. It would basically mean the end for KC and Chad and would give us a potential franchise QB. he'd have a pretty good situation to work with too unlike busts (or seemingly busts) like David Carr, Tim Couch and Alex Smith. I really, really liked him in college and he's the only QB in this draft that I rate.

If Tangini truly think he can be a great Qb then they shouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger, especially if Gholston and McFadden are both off the board.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtracey10 View Post
    I wouldn't mind us taking a shot on Ryan. It would basically mean the end for KC and Chad and would give us a potential franchise QB. he'd have a pretty good situation to work with too unlike busts (or seemingly busts) like David Carr, Tim Couch and Alex Smith. I really, really liked him in college and he's the only QB in this draft that I rate.

If Tangini truly think he can be a great Qb then they shouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger, especially if Gholston and McFadden are both off the board.
    I wouldn't mind either, but please, for the love of God, not at #6 overall.

That's just my personal opinion. I'm not sold on Ryan, I'm not a big fan. I could very well be wrong, and Ryan could turn out like Matt Hasselbeck, but in our case, I somehow have the feeling he'll be more like Glen Foley....

Veteran
    I wouldn't mind taking a hot at a real franchise QB and not have false hope in Clemens. While I dont want a QB now I think were going to be looking for one after this season

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet View Post

That's just my personal opinion. I'm not sold on Ryan, I'm not a big fan. I could very well be wrong, and Ryan could turn out like Matt Hasselbeck, but in our case, I somehow have the feeling he'll be more like Glen Foley....
    Well, yeah, I always get that feeling about the poor fool we draft. He could be the next Blair Thomas, Roger Vick, Mike Haight, Lam Jones, Darian Boose, etc.

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts. I'm just frickin' happy that the Jets have a lot of leeway for this draft because of their free agent moves.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    :akf:

I know, cuz Clemens is CLEARLY the guy right?

LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS View Post

LOL

No, because Ryan is not, much like the object of your manlove.

Hall Of Fame
    the jets have no starting caliber QB's on the roster, so why pass on the best QB in the country ?

if he's there, we take him, it's a no-brainer

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LyonMtJet View Post
    Well, yeah, I always get that feeling about the poor fool we draft. He could be the next Blair Thomas, Roger Vick, Mike Haight, Lam Jones, Darian Boose, etc.

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts. I'm just frickin' happy that the Jets have a lot of leeway for this draft because of their free agent moves.
    No, you're right.

All League
    and you know this cuzzzzzzzzzz?

Ryan is the top prospect in the draft.. not some overated 2nd rounder. The Jets gotta take him if he is there.

Hall Of Fame

LOL

can i join the cWo?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    can i join the cWo?
    I find it quite funny how the mods are able to go into peoples accts and just create gay signatures.

real mature Klecko

Keeping their options open, nothing wrong with that. Making sure they know as much as they can about all the top prospects. I really like how every QB prospect said how intense the Jets drilled them, like Brian Brohm, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan. They all had some good things to say about the Jets, and also feel that the Jets quized them hard. Looks like they want to get to know these QBs really well to see if they fit. Making Ryans work in our system and make throws that he would in our system isn't a bad idea, actually smart, if the guy looked great in the system, and you think he can flourish and is a head of Clemens, then you take him.If not oh well. But we filled our other needs to be able to take who we want with this pick.

You're ruling out Ryan already???

Wow.

Banned
    I find it quite funny how the mods are able to go into peoples accts and just create gay signatures.

real mature Klecko
    What are you talking about?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    the jets have no starting caliber QB's on the roster, so why pass on the best QB in the country ?

if he's there, we take him, it's a no-brainer

Is he really the best in the country? Is he head and shoulders above the other QBs in this draft? Is he worthy of the #6 overall pick, as well as an investment of 20M+?

You see Sam, I can't say yes to either of those questions, but I'm not a draft guy, I'm not CBTNY, Ham, Riggins, or Bit. They have far more knowledge on the college game than I do, and they love spending their time with it. Maybe they can say Ryan is, but I can't. I could be dead wrong on this.

My issue is that I feel Brohm is just as good, if not better, and I reserve a high slot like the 6th overall for guys like Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, John Elway, etc I don't get that feeling with Ryan.

If we draft Ryan, I won't have an issue with it, IF it's outside of the top ten. If we were to trade down with Cincy, NO or Denver, for example and drafted him, I wouldn't be thrilled, but I'd be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet View Post

His stock is so high at the moment that if we are indeed going to take him, it will be at 6.

No chance in Hell he gets by Baltimore IMHO.

All League
    What are you talking about?
    ITs cool I'll just go to Sooth and the others..

Im sick of your crap