Thread: Trade down possabilities for the Raiders

All League

Trade down possabilities for the Raiders

Oakland does not have a second, third or fifth round pick. Which deal is best for the Raiders ? 1. The Jets offer the sixth pick, and their second round pick 36
    2. the Cowboys offer 22 + 28 , the Cowboys 5th round pick, and a second round pick in 2009

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Oakland does not have a second, third or fifth round pick. Which deal is best for the Raiders ? 1. The Jets offer the sixth pick, and their second round pick 36
    2. the Cowboys offer 22 + 28 , the Cowboys 5th round pick, and a second round pick in 2009
    I'd say the Dallas trade

Veteran
    The informational purposes.. The raiders would take the Cowboys offer..
    They could sit on those 2 #1's and then use that conditional #2 and trade back up in this years draft.. Probably in the 3rd round..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'd say the Dallas trade
    Yeah, I think the two first round picks would get the edge...but moving down just two spots and picking up a high 2nd rd. at 36 makes our offer pretty good also...but I would only want us to do this if J. Long was there....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999 View Post
    Yeah, I think the two first round picks would get the edge...but moving down just two spots and picking up a high 2nd rd. at 36 makes our offer pretty good also...but I would only want us to do this if J. Long was there....
    I don't know if there's anybody who I'd like to trade up for. Trading up this year is counter-productive IMO. I'll run through Philly naked if McFadden falls to #6, but I don't wanna give up that 36 to trade up. I think we need to stay put and hope, but it's a very tough spot to be in.

All League
    I don't know if there's anybody who I'd like to trade up for. Trading up this year is counter-productive IMO. I'll run through Philly naked if McFadden falls to #6, but I don't wanna give up that 36 to trade up. I think we need to stay put and hope, but it's a very tough spot to be in.
    I agree. Oakland needs to trade down, IMO Jerry has got enough ammunition to get the deal done,but I don't see any other trading partners for the Raiders other than the Jets and the Cowboys.

All Pro
    I would be upset if the Jets traded their first and second to move up.

Personally I would take the Jets trade over the Cowboys. Raiders have two needs left. Raiders coaches seem to think LT fine. I want another LT (would like more competition) and another DT(depth).
    They almost certainly could fill both needs in the first two rounds. Either 1. OT, 2. DT OR 1. DT or 2. OT From what alot of draft experts are saying there is like 8 elite prospects in this draft, and after that a drop off from that group.
    IF Raiders walk away with Ryan CLady(fits raiders blocking scheme very well) and Red Bryant/Sims/Rubin in the second. I say on paper the Raiders look ready to go.

I agree. Oakland needs to trade down, IMO Jerry has got enough ammunition to get the deal done,but I don't see any other trading partners for the Raiders other than the Jets and the Cowboys.
    Too early to say that. Maybe Lions if there a top Defensive ENd there when raiders pick. Thats what there defense is in dire need of. Roy Williams + Their pick. (chris williams- another OT that a nice fit probably for raiders system) IF falcons don't take QB Ryan. Than maybe a team wants to get in front of the chiefs for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Too early to say that. Maybe Lions if there a top Defensive ENd there when raiders pick. Thats what there defense is in dire need of. Roy Williams + Their pick. (chris williams- another OT that a nice fit probably for raiders system) IF falcons don't take QB Ryan. Than maybe a team wants to get in front of the chiefs for him.
    The Raiders need to maximise that 4th pick any way they can. Once again the Raiders do not have a second, third or fifth pick. I can see trading down to 9 or 10, the Bengals and the Saints seeking Dorsey or Ellis.

The Raiders need to maximise that 4th pick any way they can. Once again the Raiders do not have a second, third or fifth pick. I can see trading down to 9 or 10, the Bengals and the Saints seeking Dorsey or Ellis.
    You say they need to maximize that 4th pick any way they can. I say they don't . ONe they pretty much addressed all of their needs already In Fa. IF Raiders feel they can get an Impact player at 4, you can bet they will stay there and make the pick. Raiders will get some draft choices back, by using some of Their chips(players) (F Washington, S Schweigert and ETC)

All Pro
    You say they need to maximize that 4th pick any way they can. I say they don't . ONe they pretty much addressed all of their needs already In Fa. IF Raiders feel they can get an Impact player at 4, you can bet they will stay there and make the pick. Raiders will get some draft choices back, by using some of Their chips(players) (F Washington, S Schweigert and ETC)
    What are you talking about? How could you possibly say they don't need to maximize their pick? That's what every team is trying to do; they want to get the maximum value out of their pick. They will take the highest player on their board, or if they trade out of the spot, they will try to get the maximum value there...

You are either crazy or need to further explain your thought because this seems retarded to me.

What are you talking about? How could you possibly say they don't need to maximize their pick? That's what every team is trying to do; they want to get the maximum value out of their pick. They will take the highest player on their board, or if they trade out of the spot, they will try to get the maximum value there...

You are either crazy or need to further explain your thought because this seems retarded to me.
    Lets see I responded to this.

Who cares Raiders don't have a 2, 3 , and fifth round draft choice. You get an impact player at Four , why are you going to trade down, just to recoup picks you might not have in certain rounds. (gamble on those picks working out) Raiders gave up a 2 and sixth for a 24 year old two Time Probowler CB. That is not maximising value. (Known commodity for two guys that might never approach that level)

Raiders might want to recoup some of those picks they don't have by trading excess talent(F Washington, S Schweigert , D rhodes)

Raiders fill all of their pressing needs in Fa and reallycan take the best Player available. Whether thats moving down or staying put and making the pick.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-30-2008 at 12:56 AM.

All Pro
    Lets see I responded to this.

Who cares Raiders don't have a 2, 3 , and fifth round draft choice. You get an impact player at Four , why are you going to trade down, just to recoup picks you might not have in certain rounds. (gamble on those picks working out) Raiders gave up a 2 and sixth for a 24 year old two Time Probowler CB. That is not maximising value. (Known commodity for two guys that might never approach that level)

Raiders might want to recoup some of those picks they don't have by trading excess talent(F Washington, S Schweigert , D rhodes)

Raiders fill all of their pressing needs in Fa and reallycan take the best Player available. Whether thats moving down or staying put and making the pick.
    You ramble too much. I got bored reading this response halfway though. This could have been summed up in 2 sentences.

Stop regurgitating things we already know such as the Raiders lack of picks and D.Hall's resume.

All you needed to say was something like "Oak doesn't have many needs, so they'll get maximum value from this pick by going BPA or trading down to someone like Cincy. If needed, they can add picks by trading some excess players."

Point is, you wouldn't be misunderstood if you knew how to clearly convey a thought.

You ramble too much. I got bored reading this response halfway though. This could have been summed up in 2 sentences.

Stop regurgitating things we already know such as the Raiders lack of picks and D.Hall's resume.

All you needed to say was something like "Oak doesn't have many needs, so they'll get maximum value from this pick by going BPA or trading down to someone like Cincy. If needed, they can add picks by trading some excess players."

Point is, you wouldn't be misunderstood if you knew how to clearly convey a thought.

NO the Deangelo hall point is very important because that is maximizing your value. ( 2 and 6) Would do it everytime.
    Again only reason why I brought up Raiders lack of picks is because Jet Orange brought up that subject. SO to me it is important to show there are other ways to recoup Picks, than almost having to trading down. (Trading talent way down the depth chart) .

Raiders on Paper did fill all there pressing needs. They can trade down or take the best player available. IF the guys there they want (will have impact) they will take him. IF lets say there guys are gone , they will try to trade down. That is the point.

All Pro
    You say they need to maximize that 4th pick any way they can. I say they don't .
    Raiders on Paper did fill all there pressing needs. They can trade down or take the best player available. IF the guys there they want (will have impact) they will take him. IF lets say there guys are gone , they will try to trade down. That is the point.
    Why do you keep arguing this point? Your first statement argues the previous poster's statement, then you provide evidence that you do agree with them. wtf