Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D'Brick Looks Like a Brick

Veteran

D'Brick Looks Like a Brick

On the site, hes on their video and he looks huge. Looks like a Tank. I guess hes taking his own advice. Any Comments?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    On the site, hes on their video and he looks huge. Looks like a Tank. I guess hes taking his own advice. Any Comments?

Wide angle lenses. Closeups.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Wide angle lenses. Closeups.
    lol. Sure

Banned

SAR I

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Im not saying its true, but people of Dbricks frame can get big, quick. Mostly fat, but hey, ill take 30 pounds of fat on him. He can work off 10-15of it in camp and at least have some size added. Just wishful thinking. 08' is gonna be a big make or break year for Dbrick. Im hoping he merits his 4th overall pick THIS SEASON!

BET JET IN 08'

All Pro
    6'6 310 is what he should be at for the start of preseason games. As Brick gets older he will put on more weight to grt around 320 or so.

All League
    Brick should really try a Sumo type diet plan...seriously i saw it on the Discovery Channel awhile back... looks like it can work.

Basically they work out early in the morning and work out for hours on a completly empty stomach, then after training they eat food in upwards of 20,000 calories Then they sleep. But see it actually works to accumulate fat while keeping lean muscle because its a natural process our bodies have taken over millions of years of evolution. Since your eating schedule is erractic and has long periods of not eating while being active it triggers our bodies to instead of digesting and disguarding calories and fat your body stores it... almost like a camel does in the wild with its fatty humps. Most regualr fat guys have fat particles interlicked in between their muscle fibers... but this process means that your body retains lean and super strong muscle but keep a large heavy layer of fat just over the muscle and under the skin. So if you were to suck out all the fat in a sumo Wrestler you would see that they are infact serious athletes.

I study this because im looking to study Physical Therapy and be a dietition.

Veteran
    He's going to get a lot of help to get better and I believe, he will. He's gotta stretch more, and work the legs, needs to be a bit quicker on the outside, but if he puts on too much fat, he'll get beat easily. Faneca coming is going to help bigtime. I believe we are going to be able to run the ball. and this team is very intriguing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    He's going to get a lot of help to get better and I believe, he will. He's gotta stretch more, and work the legs, needs to be a bit quicker on the outside, but if he puts on too much fat, he'll get beat easily. Faneca coming is going to help bigtime. I believe we are going to be able to run the ball. and this team is very intriguing.
    other than the fact that Brick played with nobody next to him last year, he had a problem with strong bull rushers because of the size difference... a gppd 20lbs of fat would do him good

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Brick should really try a Sumo type diet plan...seriously i saw it on the Discovery Channel awhile back... looks like it can work.

Basically they work out early in the morning and work out for hours on a completly empty stomach, then after training they eat food in upwards of 20,000 calories Then they sleep. But see it actually works to accumulate fat while keeping lean muscle because its a natural process our bodies have taken over millions of years of evolution. Since your eating schedule is erractic and has long periods of not eating while being active it triggers our bodies to instead of digesting and disguarding calories and fat your body stores it... almost like a camel does in the wild with its fatty humps. Most regualr fat guys have fat particles interlicked in between their muscle fibers... but this process means that your body retains lean and super strong muscle but keep a large heavy layer of fat just over the muscle and under the skin. So if you were to suck out all the fat in a sumo Wrestler you would see that they are infact serious athletes.

I study this because im looking to study Physical Therapy and be a dietition.
    so ur telling me you want to turn our LT who was drafted so high because of his quickness and athleticism at the position into a complete fatass? I diet like that is a sure way to get diabetes or a vast variety of heart ailments. its idiotic to even realistically consider this for him. Our bodies are NOT designed to eat a 20,000 calorie meal go to sleep and wake up a beast. Its a sure way of putting on pounds of adipose tissue and turn him into a slob that cant 20 yds without losing his breathe.Training on an empty stomach for LONG periods of time is detrimental to muscle tissue. FOr someone claiming to be a PT/dietician in training you should know that in a fasting state muscle is catabolized for energy way before fat does. He'll end up getting weaker, and fatter, and slower... GREAT PLAN.

Waterboy

that woman in the beginning got a sister mary elephant thing going....

Did anyone stop and think that maybe D'Brick would be slower and not as agile to handle the faster DEs he has to stop if he put on more weight? Technique plays a huge role in OLINE play. Just because an OLINE-MAN is bigger doesnt mean he is better.

it's still too early to tell how good d'brick can be. he's still young and will probably get thicker as he gets older. he'll be prime at 26-27 yrs old and that's when the real judgement can be made. as for the comments of agility, true enough but being able to get the first hit in is just as important as being able to move as the end comes around. i doubt if any offensive lineman, past or present, could keep up with the premier defensive ends if they don't get that first initial hit in.

Rookie
    In a SNY interview he said his goal was to report to camp at 320.

320 should be good. He'll probably work 10 of it off. He needs to remain quick guys.

JetsInsider.com Legend

D'Brick Looks Like a Brick
    Too bad he plays like a pebble.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Too bad he plays like a pebble.
    You mean the way Matt Light played in the SuperBowl.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You mean the way Matt Light played in the SuperBowl.
    Are you referring to the Pats Pro Bowl LT?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Are you referring to the Pats Pro Bowl LT?
    Yes that one, you know the one who got served for 70 percent of the snaps during the super bowl