Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Namath

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Pat Ryan always cracked me up.

All Pro
    A decent thread for a change

There will never be another Broadway Joe as far as personality goes. Marino in NY city might have had an outside shot. Matt Leinert in NY w/ talent could have been a modern day version...

No one on our current roster that's for sure.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergen Jet View Post
    Marino in NY city might have had an outside shot.
    I know

All League
    This was a great thread topic. I hope you all don't mind me adding to it. Being an older fart on here (54), I can only tell you that the Namath days were quite fun. I was a soph in high school when the Jets won SB III. His entire tenure with the Jets was electric on and off the field. He gave the team an identity. It was really special. I always thought that after him, and being a NY team, that we would continue having top QB's , but was not to be. I really believe he gave the entire franchise a reason to walk with a bit of swagger. Anyway it was fun and it is entirely the reason I became a Jet fan. No regrets about anything after, way tooo many fun times and memories at games and house parties, but Joe Wille is the reason I am a fan of Green.

Hall Of Fame
    Dump!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS View Post
    Dump!
    A Namath thread is never dumped. Turn in your Jets Fan ID card immediately and report to the principal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    But this is not just a Jets thing...since Namath has there been any professional athlete as cool?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    But this is not just a Jets thing...since Namath has there been any professional athlete as cool?
    Nope. He did it first and he did it in NY. Thank you for everything Joe.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    This was a great thread topic. I hope you all don't mind me adding to it. Being an older fart on here (54), I can only tell you that the Namath days were quite fun. I was a soph in high school when the Jets won SB III. His entire tenure with the Jets was electric on and off the field. He gave the team an identity. It was really special. I always thought that after him, and being a NY team, that we would continue having top QB's , but was not to be. I really believe he gave the entire franchise a reason to walk with a bit of swagger. Anyway it was fun and it is entirely the reason I became a Jet fan. No regrets about anything after, way tooo many fun times and memories at games and house parties, but Joe Wille is the reason I am a fan of Green.
    Great post!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    PJ..I am just 1 year behind you...I saw Joe in Memphis in 2002..He was promoting medicine...I had a chance to ask him a question..he was funny with the answer..I then closed by telling him...you have been great fun over the years and I am glad you are here in Memphis...it was like being 14 again and waiting for SBIII to start...it was a time I am very glad I did not miss...if you were a Jet fan at that time ..then people understand what we are saying without any problems...

All League

There will never be another Broadway Joe as far as personality goes. Marino in NY city might have had an outside shot. Matt Leinert in NY w/ talent could have been a modern day version...
    I had two pairs of Dingo Boots...I wore them for years...they not only looked good they were made very well...

Undrafted Free Agent
    never will a QB be has cool has Broadway....

no one gets away with wearing a fur coat on the sideline...

and a few years ago before the super bowl, when he was introduced along with other mvp's he stopped an flashed the jets logo in his jacket......that was the coolest moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by APL330 View Post
    never will a QB be has cool has Broadway....

no one gets away with wearing a fur coat on the sideline...

and a few years ago before the super bowl, when he was introduced along with other mvp's he stopped an flashed the jets logo in his jacket......that was the coolest moment.
    I had forgotten that Namath did flash the Jets logo. I was proud to be a Jets fan that day.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999 View Post
    I had two pairs of Dingo Boots...I wore them for years...they not only looked good they were made very well...
    DINGO BOOTS ROCKED!!!

Banned

Nah, Marino doesn't have the personality. Now, had Favre been a Jet like Steinberg and Wolf wanted... that would have been something.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    maybe not as cool, but this guy came awfully close:

JetsInsider.com Legend

What's the big deal about Namath?

Hell, PennyBoy has a better passer rating than Namath.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    maybe not as cool, but this guy came awfully close:

How right you are !!! Clyde was a very cool individual, still is.
    The Knicks were one of the proudest franchises in professional sports. They had a cast of players that were all so different from each other, but were a true TEAM.