Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tangini needs a great draft per PFT hack.

All League

Tangini needs a great draft per PFT hack.

All League
    This is the same guy who has us taking McKelvin at 6. He does he mock drafting entirely on need and BAP.

All Pro
    I didn't read that article and i don't need too to agree with what you posted is that writer's belief.

This is Tangini's (Mangini)3rd draft,and thus far,only Harris and Revis and too a large extent due to his special teams exploits,Washington has shown the evidence of future stardom.Despite what Jet fans want to believe,Brick ferguson has not lived up to his status especially considering the Jets passed on Jay Cutler considered a Rising Star.

When you consider all the picks we had over the last 2 yrs,and the Players we have to get rid of because of the scheme we're using,and where they were drafted,This draft becomes of the utmost importance to this Tangini regime.

If the Jets can find a QB in this coming draft that can stabilize the Position for the next 10 yrs or so,it would go along way improving the overall view of the Tangini Era.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I didn't read that article and i don't need too to agree with what you posted is that writer's belief.

This is Tangini's (Mangini)3rd draft,and thus far,only Harris and Revis and too a large extent due to his special teams exploits,Washington has shown the evidence of future stardom.Despite what Jet fans want to believe,Brick ferguson has not lived up to his status especially considering the Jets passed on Jay Cutler considered a Rising Star.

When you consider all the picks we had over the last 2 yrs,and the Players we have to get rid of because of the scheme we're using,and where they were drafted,This draft becomes of the utmost importance to this Tangini regime.

If the Jets can find a QB in this coming draft that can stabilize the Position for the next 10 yrs or so,it would go along way improving the overall view of the Tangini Era.
    Mangold is already considered one of the better centers in the NFL

Hall Of Fame
    um, which team DOESN'T need a great draft? silly article

All League
    Tinstar, I agree. I hate taking OL high unless, without a doubt he is a Pace/Ogden clone. It was a consensus that Brick is/was/never will be that good prior to the pick.

Look back at Mangini's first interview as Jets HC. I believe it was something like "putting players in the best position to succeed" type of crap. Then we play a system that was the exactly the opposite of what he said.

It's good thing that Woody gave them a vote of confidence because we are now committed to the 3-4 for the at least the next 5 (Pace & Jenkins contracts) seasons.

I think they tried to play it safe in 2006 with DBrick pick. We have most of the glaring needs filled right now so I think we are in a position to take a risky pick here. With the vets we have on offense, we could add McFadden or Ryan and they would have a very good chance of being super.

Banned
    I just hope he isnt there. I hope to God Atlanta or K.C. takes him.

I want nothing to do with that chump.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Mangold is already considered one of the better centers in the NFL
    Oversight on my part,so please forgive me.See thou,i wanted to take Cutler,Marcus Mcneil and use my 2nd round pick and my 2 other 3rd rounders to improve the team.

We would now have a franchise QB
    We would now have a franchise LT
    We could use this draft to take Mendenhaul

If you notice,I have not mentioned a certain player from Arkansas.If Tangini takes this Player it will bring his whole in the door speech and his mantra to ruin.You have to live what you preach if you want respect and if you don't,you will soo lose the respect of those who matter most.

Your team.

Instead,3 yrs later,we still have no clue what we have.But these 2 guys are geniuses.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 04-05-2008 at 08:43 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    I just hope he isnt there. I hope to God Atlanta or K.C. takes him.

I want nothing to do with that chump.
    Peyton he isn't. But he is a better QB than we have currently. Would he start immediately, maybe - maybe not. But in 1 -2 years, he will be head and shoulders above what we currently have.

Hall Of Fame
    Other than the horrendous 3rd round two years ago Tangini has done a good job in drafting.

Mangold is...well gold

D'Brick has been a bit of a disappointment but certainly not a bust in my mind and was worth picking a LT at that point, one that most people agreed was a top flight pick.

Kerry Rhodes (Did they pick him or was that Bradway?)

Leon Washington

Getting a 2nd rounder out of Washington and still getting Clemens.

Moving down a bit in the 2nd round to get a starting RB in Thomas.

Moving up to get a #1 CB in Revis

Moving up to get a stud LB in Harris.

Their drafting has been good, their FA work last year stunk.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 04-05-2008 at 10:33 PM.

If you notice,I have not mentioned a certain player from Arkansas.If Tangini takes this Player it will bring his whole in the door speech and his mantra to ruin.You have to live what you preach if you want respect and if you don't,you will soo lose the respect of those who matter most.
    I don't know where people get the idea that Tangini is looking for little angels off the field. They are looking for players that live and breathe football, simple as that.

eLOT

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Other than the horrendous 3rd round two years ago Tangini has done a good job in drafting.

Mangold is...well gold

D'Brick has been a bit of a disappointment but certainly not a bust in my mind and was worth picking a LT at that point, one that most people agreed was a top flight pick.

Kerry Rhodes

Leon Washington

One thing Fish, Kerry Rhodes was a Bradway pick (2004, if I remember correctly). But Mangini gets credit for giving him PT as opposed to burying him on the bench, as Herm did.

I'll wait to evaluate DBrick until this season is over. He'll be a 3rd year player and will have an All Pro LG next to him for support. If he doesn't produce now then he probably never will.

But I expect him to have an above average season in 2008. And if he keeps doing that for the next 10 years then I'll think the pick was a solid success.

Nice insight Tinstar. Your posts are always a good read. IMHO, the D'Brick and Mangold picks look under-whelming because of their positions on the field (pretty difficult for an OLINEMAN to look as impressive as a QB no matter how the play) and because the OLINE was set back due to the play of the former LG and RT. It will be interesting to evaluate Mangold and D'Brickashaw after this up coming season with Fanaca and Woody playing on the line.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Tinstar, I agree. I hate taking OL high unless, without a doubt he is a Pace/Ogden clone. It was a consensus that Brick is/was/never will be that good prior to the pick.

Look back at Mangini's first interview as Jets HC. I believe it was something like "putting players in the best position to succeed" type of crap. Then we play a system that was the exactly the opposite of what he said.

It's good thing that Woody gave them a vote of confidence because we are now committed to the 3-4 for the at least the next 5 (Pace & Jenkins contracts) seasons.

I think they tried to play it safe in 2006 with DBrick pick. We have most of the glaring needs filled right now so I think we are in a position to take a risky pick here. With the vets we have on offense, we could add McFadden or Ryan and they would have a very good chance of being super.
    They have done a great job....to offer a stale cliche, Rome was not built in a day. This was a bad team Mangini inherited, and it will take time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Mangold is...well gold

Kerry Rhodes (Did they pick him or was that Bradway?)

Leon Washington

Agreed Beerfish, but I think the FA stunk last year because of this year. I think they had one more year with tight finances, so they did not over commit last year to FA's. I think they were thinking long-term, also knowing we are looking at uncapped years....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    tinstar I would argue that Brick has been just as good at LT as Cutler has been at QB. neither has been great, neither has been terrible. Both are solid starters, about B+ players right now with potential. Also what about Mangold?
    Last edited by bitonti; 04-07-2008 at 09:09 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by elot View Post
    I don't know where people get the idea that Tangini is looking for little angels off the field. They are looking for players that live and breathe football, simple as that.

eLOT

Out of his mouth,that's where.Mangini walked in the door preaching Character and competition.He jettisoned Mawae to proved just how firm he was going to be only to follow that up with the trading for Barlow who was a malcontent in San Fran.

He followed that up by appointing Chad the starter at the combines going against his own competition at all positions garbage coming in the door.Throw in the Kendall junk from last yr and the Coles situation from this yr soon to be followed by Rhodes if he's not taken care of before before the end of this coming season.

Now if he drafts Mcfadden it will have come full circle.We can talk about Bellichek all we want,but the HC we got talks out of the same side of his mouth that Bellichek does.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Out of his mouth,that's where.Mangini walked in the door preaching Character and competition.He jettisoned Mawae to proved just how firm he was going to be only to follow that up with the trading for Barlow who was a malcontent in San Fran.

He followed that up by appointing Chad the starter at the combines going against his own competition at all positions garbage coming in the door.Throw in the Kendall junk from last yr and the Coles situation from this yr soon to be followed by Rhodes if he's not taken care of before before the end of this coming season.

Now if he drafts Mcfadden it will have come full circle.We can talk about Bellichek all we want,but the HC we got talks out of the same side of his mouth that Bellichek does.
    Exactly what huge chacracter concerns are we talking about with McFadden?

The guy bangs a couple of chicks and gets into a little scrap at a bar that he's apologized for on numerous occasions so now he's a cancer?

Why should anyone be pissed inside or outside of the lockerroom if the Jets bring in a playmaker like DMC? I've heard leaders on the team like Cotchery, Revis, and Rhodes openly praise Tangini for bringing in quality talent throughout the offseason. If the Jets end up with arguably the best player in the '08 draft class, why would it cause a stir?

I'd openly welcome McFadden on this team and I'm positive that I'm not alone on that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Peyton he isn't. But he is a better QB than we have currently. Would he start immediately, maybe - maybe not. But in 1 -2 years, he will be head and shoulders above what we currently have.
    I hate seeing this. I see it so often from so many other posters.

How do you know he is better then Kellen or Chad?

The draft is a crapshoot. There are no guarantees. Matt Ryan is far far far from being a guarantee.

IMO, this guy is an Alex Smith scenario all over again.