Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: offensive line.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    453

    offensive line.....

    hi gang,

    anyone think we need one more o lineman, in the 4th or maybe 5th round? anyone like king dunlap from aubern? big and strong, he got a lot of attention at the beginning of the season, and I could be wrong, but did not have a eye popping season. ranked 10th as the best o linemen in the draft according to yahoo sports.

    thanks

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsjethouse View Post
    hi gang,

    anyone think we need one more o lineman, in the 4th or maybe 5th round? anyone like king dunlap from aubern? big and strong, he got a lot of attention at the beginning of the season, and I could be wrong, but did not have a eye popping season. ranked 10th as the best o linemen in the draft according to yahoo sports.

    thanks
    Being an Auburn fan I can say I want no part of him in the pros. I understand when people look at him they get excited because his incredible size and he is a pretty good athlete, but the guy is just soft and his physical tools don't show up on the field. He played bad enough last season that he got benched for a freshman center, Ryan Pugh.

  3. #3
    I was hoping Benedict or Zuttah in the 4th. But one's dead and the other is moving up the draft board.

    Maybe Donald Thomas from Conneticut ? He looked great at the Combine.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I was hoping Benedict or Zuttah in the 4th. But one's dead and the other is moving up the draft board.

    Maybe Donald Thomas from Conneticut ? He looked great at the Combine.
    And what was the deal with Mayock and Thomas' legs? Like he has sticks or something? Seen a lot of live UCONN games. Thomas could be a nice pick.

  5. #5
    Taking an OLINE-MAN at any point, of any draft, is almost never a bad idea.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Taking an OLINE-MAN at any point, of any draft, is almost never a bad idea.
    unless their last names are Clement or Clarke.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Being an Auburn fan I can say I want no part of him in the pros. I understand when people look at him they get excited because his incredible size and he is a pretty good athlete, but the guy is just soft and his physical tools don't show up on the field. He played bad enough last season that he got benched for a freshman center, Ryan Pugh.
    I went to see him train two weeks before the combine....he is a dog with a capital D.....just a lazy ba$tard with all the tools in the world but no desire...

    if Eric Young falls out of round three I'd take him at the top of four in a second...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I went to see him train two weeks before the combine....he is a dog with a capital D.....just a lazy ba$tard with all the tools in the world but no desire...

    if Eric Young falls out of round three I'd take him at the top of four in a second...
    What's the status of Young's injury ?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I went to see him train two weeks before the combine....he is a dog with a capital D.....just a lazy ba$tard with all the tools in the world but no desire...

    if Eric Young falls out of round three I'd take him at the top of four in a second...
    Any love for Brandon Keith from Northern Iowa (via Oklahoma) ?

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,780
    My hope would be Mike McGlynn OT/OG out of Pittsburgh

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    What's the status of Young's injury ?
    he's fine...he doing a full workout on 4/15....

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Any love for Brandon Keith from Northern Iowa (via Oklahoma) ?
    love him and have mentioned him a number of times...but he's gonna need some time....

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    love him and have mentioned him a number of times...but he's gonna need some time....
    He looked great at the Combine at 340+.


    Any concerns about him quitting Oklahoma several times ? Or do you attribute that to just being a stupid kid (which hopefully he's grown out of) ?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    unless their last names are Clement or Clarke.
    Good exception..........

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    He looked great at the Combine at 340+.


    Any concerns about him quitting Oklahoma several times ? Or do you attribute that to just being a stupid kid (which hopefully he's grown out of) ?
    that's got to be an issue, though I don't know the exact cause...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us