Thread: RB Jonathan Stewart

Undrafted Free Agent

RB Jonathan Stewart

He is an intriguing option to McFadden

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jo...stewart?id=949

Veteran
    This kid is a stud. I'll take him over DMC any day of the week. Someone posted some great links of his college highlights about a month ago...good stuff.

All League
    The word on the street is that the Jets are VERY HIGH on him. Don't be suprised in the Jets move down or up from 2.5 and target him.

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    This kid is a stud. I'll take him over DMC any day of the week. Someone posted some great links of his college highlights about a month ago...good stuff.
    Craziness. Stewart is a one speed back who will make a nice living (if healthy) as a quality starter. Nothing more than that imo. He's a Lamont Jordan in his prime. Maybe he's a bit better but there will be no home run hits for Stewart in the NFL. I don't see him scaring any defenses into changing any scheme's. For that he's a good option for a late 1st round team needing an every down back. McFadden has a chance to be as dynamic a back as anyone in the NFL. Maybe McFadden isn't gonna pound between the tackles but he's in a different class than Stewart pure and simple.

Veteran
    exactly draft gholston with sixth and gart stewart with ou r high pick in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    exactly draft gholston with sixth and gart stewart with ou r high pick in the 2nd
    Not a shot in you know what he's there, toe or not

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Craziness. Stewart is a one speed back who will make a nice living (if healthy) as a quality starter. Nothing more than that imo. He's a Lamont Jordan in his prime. Maybe he's a bit better but there will be no home run hits for Stewart in the NFL. I don't see him scaring any defenses into changing any scheme's. For that he's a good option for a late 1st round team needing an every down back. McFadden has a chance to be as dynamic a back as anyone in the NFL. Maybe McFadden isn't gonna pound between the tackles but he's in a different class than Stewart pure and simple.
    I agree. I really like Stewart's game, he runs with tremendous drive and power. But he lacks that 2nd gear and runs with one speed. He was one of my favorite backs to watch in college, but DMC is in another class...