Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: RB Jonathan Stewart

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    171

    RB Jonathan Stewart

    He is an intriguing option to McFadden

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jo...stewart?id=949

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    This kid is a stud. I'll take him over DMC any day of the week. Someone posted some great links of his college highlights about a month ago...good stuff.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,113
    The word on the street is that the Jets are VERY HIGH on him. Don't be suprised in the Jets move down or up from 2.5 and target him.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    This kid is a stud. I'll take him over DMC any day of the week. Someone posted some great links of his college highlights about a month ago...good stuff.
    Craziness. Stewart is a one speed back who will make a nice living (if healthy) as a quality starter. Nothing more than that imo. He's a Lamont Jordan in his prime. Maybe he's a bit better but there will be no home run hits for Stewart in the NFL. I don't see him scaring any defenses into changing any scheme's. For that he's a good option for a late 1st round team needing an every down back. McFadden has a chance to be as dynamic a back as anyone in the NFL. Maybe McFadden isn't gonna pound between the tackles but he's in a different class than Stewart pure and simple.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,443
    exactly draft gholston with sixth and gart stewart with ou r high pick in the 2nd

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    exactly draft gholston with sixth and gart stewart with ou r high pick in the 2nd
    Not a shot in you know what he's there, toe or not

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Craziness. Stewart is a one speed back who will make a nice living (if healthy) as a quality starter. Nothing more than that imo. He's a Lamont Jordan in his prime. Maybe he's a bit better but there will be no home run hits for Stewart in the NFL. I don't see him scaring any defenses into changing any scheme's. For that he's a good option for a late 1st round team needing an every down back. McFadden has a chance to be as dynamic a back as anyone in the NFL. Maybe McFadden isn't gonna pound between the tackles but he's in a different class than Stewart pure and simple.
    I agree. I really like Stewart's game, he runs with tremendous drive and power. But he lacks that 2nd gear and runs with one speed. He was one of my favorite backs to watch in college, but DMC is in another class...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us