Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Darren Mcfadden: When the last guy this marketable been a Jet?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940

    Darren Mcfadden: When the last time a guy this marketable been a Jet?

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xTah-tk_Udg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=APEFj8Glx7Q

    -If we draft this guy we are going to run our offense through him(See Reggie Bush 06) even if he isnt that good. This guy is going to throw touchdowns, run the option, and catch over 30 passes.

    -He is the type that could be on Madden, OROY.

    -He is going to be on magazines, commercials, billboards.

    -He is going to have one of the highest selling jerseys this year.

    When is the last time there has ever been a Jet this marketable? He has more of an edge then Curtis so I give him the nod there--So who's the top after that? Namath?
    Last edited by KR; 04-20-2008 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,190
    meshawn johnson except he didn't have the tattoos dawg

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Albany, New York
    Posts
    2,436
    By far more marketable than Martin, can't remember the last Jet to even come close... Vilma was all right, he sold some jerseys and was on some commercials... but that's all I can think of anytime recently.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Wha' happened to my Kerry Rhodes?

    The demon has my Kerry.

    Egadz...

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    that's right, he's the guy that threw some TD passes, I forgot about that

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Wha' happened to my Kerry Rhodes?

    The demon has my Kerry.

    Egadz...
    You dont think he's marketable?

    Btw, let it be known that I would love to trade up for Chris Long--He's my number 1 player. Or trade down for Mike Jenkins. But Ive looked over the scenerio's forever(it feels like) and the overwhelming odds are right now that Mcfadden is going to be a Jet.......So as a fan what could you do but embrace it(Unless we pull a Kyle Brady)

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794
    the guy is a marketing dream -- even a minor league highlight montage makes you feel like drafting him:


    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUZ2WoERYfU

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise View Post
    that's right, he's the guy that threw some TD passes, I forgot about that
    7 passing td's in college to be exact.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the guy is a marketing dream -- even a minor league highlight montage makes you feel like drafting him:


    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUZ2WoERYfU

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    I don't want marketable. I want a damn Super Bowl! If he will get us there then move heaven and earth to get him!

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Marketable?

    Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Marketable?

    Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we?
    Juice by kerry! juice by kerry! goooooo kerry!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,940
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Marketable?

    Getting a little ahead of ourselves are we?
    As weird as it sounds, hes prob the backup plan if Long(I hope) or Gholston(I hope is gone) is not there.

    Btw after tonights sportscenter spotlight, not only is the guy marketable--They can make a movie about his life up until now. His story will be everywhere a week or two after he breaks out in September.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart View Post
    By far more marketable than Martin, can't remember the last Jet to even come close... Vilma was all right, he sold some jerseys and was on some commercials... but that's all I can think of anytime recently.
    Wayne blew every Jet player away as far as jersey sales go..In the NFL one year he was right behind Farve..

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes View Post
    You dont think he's marketable?

    Btw, let it be known that I would love to trade up for Chris Long--He's my number 1 player. Or trade down for Mike Jenkins. But Ive looked over the scenerio's forever(it feels like) and the overwhelming odds are right now that Mcfadden is going to be a Jet.......So as a fan what could you do but embrace it(Unless we pull a Kyle Brady)
    So who do the Raiders take? Gholston?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us