Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who does St. Louis take at #2?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Who does St. Louis take at #2?

They're disappointed the OT is off the board and I think the pick has to be defense. With Bulger and Steven Jackson they are not interested in Ryan or DMC.

We need to pray that it's Dorsey because I think that could put Matt Ryan to Atlanta at #3 and still leave Chris Long, Gholston and DMC on the board.

So does St. Louis take Dorsey? Chris Long? Vernon Gholston? Or, someone else?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We need to pray that it's Dorsey because I think that could put Matt Ryan to Atlanta at #3 and still leave Chris Long, Gholston and DMC on the board.
    +10,000

Dorsey is the best defensive player in the draft, but I've read that the Rams are very high on Long, to the point that it's a foregone conclusion they'll take him at 2. Any info from the draft guys?

All League
    I went over and checked out the Rams message board http://www.clanram.com/ and it seems the majority of the members want Chris Long...

IMO at the #2 spot, the Rams do one of the following; draft Dorsey, draft Gholston (who as someone said in a similar thread, will absolutely fly on artificial turf) or could trade down with the Saints but I really don't see that happening - the Rams really "earned" their draft position and need a player of that value.

Out of these three circumstances I feel that the pick is Dorsey...drafting him improves their pick last year since Carriker would be moved back to DE.
    Last edited by dassin; 04-22-2008 at 02:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The absolute best thing that can happen now for the Jets is for St. Louis to take Dorsey. Pray to God that it happens Jet fans.

Hall Of Fame
    C Long is going to the Rams and DMC isn't going to fall to the Jets.

1. J Long
    2. C Long
    3. DMC
    4. Gholston
    5. Dorsey
    6. Trade

or

1. J Long
    2. C Long
    3. Ryan
    4. DMC
    5. Dorsey
    6. Gholston (if we can't make a trade)

All Pro
    I think they go with Gholston.

Then watch the dominos fall as the Jets get either C. Long or DMC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dassassin View Post
    I went over and checked out the Rams message board http://www.clanram.com/ and it seems the majority of the members want Chris Long...

IMO at the #2 spot, the Rams do one of the following; draft Dorsey, draft Gholston (who as someone said in a similar thread, will absolutely fly on artificial turf) or could trade down with the Saints but I really don't see that happening - the Rams really "earned" their draft position and need a player of that value.

Out of these three circumstances I feel that the pick is Dorsey...drafting him improves their pick last year since Carriker would be moved back to DE.
    That's a great argument that often pops up with teams when they're drafting a specific position - "Drafting this one player upgrades our team at 2 spots because we move someone back to his natural position."

Hopefully St. Louis sees it the way you outlined and they pick Dorsey to improve 2 spots on their D-line with just one draft pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    my guess is Chris Long.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post
    C Long is going to the Rams and DMC isn't going to fall to the Jets.

1. J Long
    2. C Long
    3. DMC
    4. Gholston
    5. Dorsey
    6. Trade
    DMC will never go #3 to Atlanta. Thye just spent big big dollars on the RB from the Chargers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think they go with Gholston.

Then watch the dominos fall as the Jets get either C. Long or DMC.
    I think Matt Ryan is the key to the draft for the Jets. If he goes at 3 or 5 then the Jets will get one of the players they covet - C. Long, DMC or Gholston. I fear that if Ryan doesn't go in the Top 5 then Long, Long, Dorsey, DMC and Gholston are gone. The Jets could still be looking at taking Ryan, Sedrick Ellis or trading down.

All Pro
    The most logical choice is Chris Long.

Don't forget the Saints have contacted the Rams about trading up to grab Dorsey before the Falcons do, however.

Practice Squad
    I would say that #2 pick is going to be slotted for Glenn Dorsey. The question is, which team. It will be interested to see if NO can swing a deal with STL in order to select Dorsey.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    DMC will never go #3 to Atlanta. Thye just spent big big dollars on the RB from the Chargers.
    Yup. It has to be Dorsey or Ryan at 3 to Atlanta IMO.

All League
    I'll guess Dorsey.

Place him at DT and move Carriker back to his natural position. You improve two positions with one draft pick.

Rookie
    There is absolutely no way where taking Ryan. We are in Win Now mode. Were not gonna wait for 2 or 3 years of development. If the worst case scenario happens we need to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    The absolute best thing that can happen now for the Jets is for St. Louis to take Dorsey. Pray to God that it happens Jet fans.
    Hope you're right. If Ryan/DMC/Gholston/C'Long are still there after Rams pick. Then maybe a Gholston/Chris will survive, along with either a Ryan or DMC, when Jets pick 6th. Then I think Tangini will take Gholston/Chris. If only DMC/Ryan are left. Hope we can trade down. Or else we probably take DMC.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm guessing they will trade out of that spot....or they will take Dorsey. However.....just watch them throw a huge monkey wrench into everything buy drafting DMC. (Rumors of poor progress in new contract talks with Steven Jackson.)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    There is absolutely no way where taking Ryan. We are in Win Now mode. Were not gonna wait for 2 or 3 years of development. If the worst case scenario happens we need to trade down.
    Umm....you do know this is a Jets board you are on right?

All Pro

question

Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can the rams sign some-body now?

or do they have to wait till saturday...

they do have a few days.. i dont remember any situation like this

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    just watch them throw a huge monkey wrench into everything buy drafting DMC. (Rumors of poor progress in new contract talks with Steven Jackson.)
    Im hearing this also. Jackson only has 1 year left on his deal and they are not agreeing on dollars at this point. Not sure if they would take him but wouldnt suprise me if they did.