Thread: Wow, I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers

Hall Of Fame

Wow, I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers

Slides on draft day, been waiting behind drama king Favre for years now, finally gets his chance, and now they draft Brohm. Wow!

Lol, this is somewhat humorous.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Slides on draft day, been waiting behind drama king Favre for years now, finally gets his chance, and now they draft Brohm. Wow!
    Brohm is not going to beat Rodgers in the first camp...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Brohm is not going to beat Rodgers in the first camp...
    That is probably true, but still, its not exactly like the Packers are showing that they are putting there faith in Rodgers.

Brohm is for insurance. Rodgers will get the starts. If it doesn't pan out Brohm will get some time. Rodgers has the edge. He knows the system, he's spent the time their, he's probably better than Brohm. Can't blame the Packers for drafting a QB, and niether can Rodgers!

Hall Of Fame
    Can't blame Green Bay. Rodgers has yet to prove anything (although by no fault of his own), so they have no idea what they've got. Even if Rodgers is the real deal, they still need a backup for him. But when you have a guy take a slide to you like Brohm did to the Packers and you have a question, you have got to make the pick. Besides, its not like the Packers have major needs at other spots where they can't afford to make this pick. Sucks for Rodgers, but if this is too much pressure for him to handle then he'd never make it anyway. Worst case scenario for the Packers is they have two starting caliber QBs, which is never a bad thing. Smart pick for them.

All League
    Its a smart pick for the Packers. If Rodgers gets hurt or dont play well enough.

QB depth is very important in the NFL.

Packers made a smart decision.

Practice Squad
    Didn't Rodgers "slide" the same way when Green Bay drafted him?

Hall Of Fame
    Want to clarify a bit here. I am not saying that it was a bad move by the Packers. I agree with what has been posted about Rodgers being unproven, and having 2 good QB's cant hurt.

Just pointing out that if you are Aaron Rodgers today, you can not be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Want to clarify a bit here. I am not saying that it was a bad move by the Packers. I agree with what has been posted about Rodgers being unproven, and having 2 good QB's cant hurt.

Just pointing out that if you are Aaron Rodgers today, you can not be very happy.
    I doubt Rodgers is too concerned. Third year in the league with all of the preseason games and practice time. He knows the offense inside and out and has already started an NFL game. So he's the #1 guy, no question.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I doubt Rodgers is too concerned. Third year in the league with all of the preseason games and practice time. He knows the offense inside and out and has already started an NFL game. So he's the #1 guy, no question.
    Yeah but when you have to deal with being the succesor to Drama King and having that harped in your ear all time, this is just one more thing he will have to deal with.

I dont know, maybe he is a stronger individuall than me, but if i was in his shoes, i would be preparing for a year of constantly having to answer questions about not only Brett, but now Brohm as well.

Rookie

Live and learn

Rodgers played behind possibly the best leader the NFL has ever had in the QB position. He may not have the talent that Farve had but being in a position behind such a strong and supportive QB as the one he is replacing will not only help him as a starter but will have taught him how to teach....and his legacy may just be...being the middleman....he may help this kid be the next Farve.