Thread: Redskins' draft pick a real snoozer

JetsInsider.com Legend

Redskins' draft pick a real snoozer

Redskins' 2nd Round Pick Oversleeps and Misses Minicamp

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—Washington Redskins second-round draft pick Fred Davis did not show up for minicamp practice Sunday, having overslept on just his third day in the NFL.

The team sent security officials to track down the tight end after he failed to arrive as scheduled from a local hotel, where the rookies were housed during the three-day minicamp.

“Everybody was scouring,” coach Jim Zorn said after the practice. “Nobody heard from him, so there was one of two scenarios: either there was some real trouble and we needed to find him, or he screwed up. I haven’t even got to talk to him yet. I know he has been found. I believe it is more in the ‘I screwed up’ category.”

Davis eventually arrived at Redskins Park and met with Zorn in his office.

“He just had a setback,” the coach said. “Hopefully everybody will learn from the lesson that he is having to learn right now about what it is going to take to get to a place on time, to be responsible.”

Davis was the 48th overall pick out of Southern California in last weekend’s draft.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, a legitimate reason to pull out the Tx smiley...

All Pro
    And some people thought that this guy was better than keller lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    I'm sure the fact that he slept in is proof positive that Keller is much better.

Keller is much better than Davis at setting an alarm clock...................

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Not saying he is. But you think Keller is better only because he didnt sleep in.lol.

Seriously because the guy slept in, now all the sudden Keller is a much better pro.?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Not saying he is. But you think Keller is better only because he didnt sleep in.lol.

Seriously because the guy slept in, now all the sudden Keller is a much better pro.?
    no, of course it doesn't mean Keller will be a better NFL TE than Davis just 'cause the latter overslept.

but imagine this: if the tables were turned, if it had been Keller oversleeping and missing a mini-camp practice, all of the NY media and most of JI would be ****ting a brick and calling Keller a bust, saying how we should've drafed Davis or anyone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    no, of course it doesn't mean Keller will be a better NFL TE than Davis just 'cause the latter overslept.

but imagine this: if the tables were turned, if it had been Keller oversleeping and missing a mini-camp practice, all of the NY media and most of JI would be ****ting a brick and calling Keller a bust, saying how we should've drafed Davis or anyone else.
    Ok.....So..

Banned
    He one one of my sleeper picks on draft day.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Ok.....So..
    so nothing. just pointing out that people around these parts like having it both ways.

(and i'm NOT talking about nostril sex).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ryan View Post
    He one one of my sleeper picks on draft day.
    Boooooooooooooooo.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Keller is much better than Davis at setting an alarm clock...................
    Yeah but without that simple skill, your in bed getting fined, as apposed to learning with your team. Small thing, big issue.

Veteran
    I really heard this news yesterday, but I just got done pulling myself off the floor laughing. Serves them right for actually using a relatively high draft pick .. they haven't in such a long time, might have been a bit of rust on the scouting department. They forgot to ask if the player was a moron before they picked him.