Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Pistol cams

Banned

OT: Pistol cams

There's a news report that a new invention "pistolcam" could be used on NY's finest. It's a small camera on the gun that activates when a weapon is unholstered.
    I'm curios what you gun nuts think about this...guys like freestater...

I imagine you'd be really against this...although I don't think you could put up a valid argument against.

What say ye, rednecks?

Hall Of Fame
    i think it's a good idea in principle, but could end up doing more harm than good in the long-run.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I like it. all cops should be equipped with one...

Both for losers that claim abuse wrongful death happened that never did. And for scum bag cops that abuse their power

Practice Squad
    Police officers will reject pistol cams overwhelmingly. The problem with them is that they only show what happens at the end of a confrontation, not what precipitated the confrontation.

A better solution is dashboard mounted cams and little shoulder cams with microphones

The problem with shoulder cams is that defense attorneys are going to want the video from every single little thing. Who is going to pay for all of this and where do we draw the line? TG

</IMG>

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by totallygreen View Post
    Who is going to pay for all of this
    My question exactly.

All Pro
    I has a friend that experimeted with a dildo cam. He and is girl thought it was cool at first, but later in the month decided that sex shouldn't be as bloody as homicide.

Back to the post. Sure cops can have gun cams, sounds like some awesome reality TV in the making. "Tales of the gun" episode 1 "Watch this cap pop his ass".

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman View Post
    My question exactly.
    The Lottery.

All Pro
    lol is it going to be video.. if so it needs audio... and be wide enough to see whats going on alll around

not only that... who is going to pay for this crazy hi-tech technology

how is the camera going to be charged? its not like officers pull out their weaponds often (like every other day)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This idea is not dissimilar from the video camera in a patrolman's/state trooper's vehicle that turns on when the lights and sirens are activated by the officer. Some police departments have the audio directly on the officer's person, so you can match the audio with the video. Perhaps something similar when the officer draws the weapon from his holster.

a pistol-cam has already been invented, and is used in many areas/levels of law enforcement training, to help the instructors see what the student/cadet sees. It's a decent tool that has obviously been taken to the next level.

The camera (wherever it is...pistol, car, hat, whatever) will serve the same purpose no matter what. As long as the police officer is abiding by law, and is not a cowboy then everything will be fine, conversely, a camera can bury a defense if the defendant is clearly wrong in the video. In my experience, I'd rather not have it. I understand where it can be valuable, but i think there are a few bad eggs that ruin it for the good officers who do their job well. There are other ways to keep tabs on the actions/protocols of officers and agents.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by totallygreen View Post
    Who is going to pay for all of this and where do we draw the line? TG

</IMG>
    Yeah, really. Maybe we should eliminate court-appointed lawyers and police Internal Affairs departments, too. Think about all of the money we could save!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    Yeah, really. Maybe we should eliminate court-appointed lawyers
    Maybe we should just eliminate all lawyers....

Only if they put it on YOUTUBE

Practice Squad
    we would know if this guy acually shot himself in the leg.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    There's a news report that a new invention "pistolcam" could be used on NY's finest. It's a small camera on the gun that activates when a weapon is unholstered.
    I'm curios what you gun nuts think about this...guys like freestater...

I imagine you'd be really against this...although I don't think you could put up a valid argument against.

What say ye, rednecks?
    For the police? Absolutely for it. I'm for more supervision on all agents of the government. As the establishment folks like to say, "If the cop ain't doing anything wrong, he's got nothing to fear."

What on earth would make you think I'd oppose this? I'd oppose it for private citizens' arms, but I love the idea of keeping an eye on all those employed with the public 'trust'.

BTW... the last part of that post is a racist, personal attack.
    You commie prick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    For the police? Absolutely for it. I'm for more supervision on all agents of the government. As the establishment folks like to say, "If the cop ain't doing anything wrong, he's got nothing to fear."

What on earth would make you think I'd oppose this? I'd oppose it for private citizens' arms, but I love the idea of keeping an eye on all those employed with the public 'trust'.

You commie prick.
    I'm beginning to think we might not be that different, Free.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm beginning to think we might not be that different, Free.
    It wouldn't surprise me. In my *real life*, most of my friends are dirty hippies. Hippies with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post

You commie prick.
    Really surprised to see you in support of this one. This will serve as nothing more than fodder for the arguments of civil rights activists and make law enforcement even more fearful to do their jobs. And the argument that "if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" is the backbone of every law that robs what's left of your rights and what little freedom you have left. I'm sure plenty will be saying that when there are checkpoints at the end of their streets and random in-home searches for contraband.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    Really surprised to see you in support of this one. This will serve as nothing more than fodder for the arguments of civil rights activists and make law enforcement even more fearful to do their jobs. And the argument that "if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" is the backbone of every law that robs what's left of your rights and what little freedom you have left. I'm sure plenty will be saying that when there are checkpoints at the end of their streets and random in-home searches for contraband.
    I don't know HOW you're fooling yourself into thinking that you live
    in a "free" country anyway. You've got guns...
    they've got tanks.
    They HAD guns...we HAD knifes and sticks.
    Actually we were better off when it was knives VS. guns.

Dig?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    the argument that "if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" is the backbone of every law that robs what's left of your rights and what little freedom you have left.
    Yup. What's good for the goose...

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know HOW you're fooling yourself into thinking that you live
    in a "free" country anyway. You've got guns...
    they've got tanks.
    They HAD guns...we HAD knifes and sticks.
    Actually we were better off when it was knives VS. guns.

Dig?
    To borrow a line from Lee Greenwood...

"and I'm proud to be an American,
    where at least I'm told I'm free..."

But to be honest with you, Gagoots, I'd take the tactical chances of the guns vs. tank scenario anyday. Look what unorganized zealots can do against the might of the US military half a world away. I qualify more with my weapon than any cop I've ever met. I like my chances.