Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Raiders, or the Chargers..

All Pro

So The Raiders, or the Chargers..

I'm debating on which game to see...

I was talking to some other members about jumping on board the monday night train to catch the Jets @ SD in week 3, but i may have a hard time finding someone local to go with...
    Anways, i'm at the Gym today, and someone strikes up a convo with me cause i'm sporting D'brick, and this guy confesses to buying OAK season tickets just catch the opener and was planning on the giving the rest away to poor kids in OAK (... don't ask..)
    Basically offers me the OAK tickets for the Jets game. which happen to be right near Blackhole territory if i'm not mistaken.

So.. haha, i can only afford 1 trip to Cali, its either a monday nighter, or take my chances getting murdered. but atleast in the latter case i have a friend that would go + guaranteed tickets with no hassle...

Your thoughts

Jets Monday NIGHT!!! Youd be lucky to make it out of oakland alive... and im not just talking about the stadium lol... Question is can u afford to take on the price of monday night tix? If so its an easy choice.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

I was talking to some other members about jumping on board the monday night train to catch the Jets @ SD in week 3, but i may have a hard time finding someone local to go with...
    Anways, i'm at the Gym today, and someone strikes up a convo with me cause i'm sporting D'brick, and this guy confesses to buying OAK season tickets just catch the opener and was planning on the giving the rest away to poor kids in OAK (... don't ask..)
    Basically offers me the OAK tickets for the Jets game. which happen to be right near Blackhole territory if i'm not mistaken.

So.. haha, i can only afford 1 trip to Cali, its either a monday nighter, or take my chances getting murdered. but atleast in the latter case i have a friend that would go + guaranteed tickets with no hassle...

Your thoughts

So, some random guy at the gym says that he bought an ENTIRE package of Oakland season tickets just so that he can go to this game... and he ends up offering you the tickets?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    So, some random guy at the gym says that he bought an ENTIRE package of Oakland season tickets just so that he can go to this game... and he ends up offering you the tickets?
    I think the guy is full of sh!t, but that's another story.

buying OAK season tickets just catch the opener
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 05-10-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Practice Squad

Your thoughts

Oakland absolutely blows....don't waste your time. IMO. There's going to be huge groups of Jet fans gathering in San Diego for several days leading up to the game. You won't have a problem making friends in SD but you may just get sucked up into the Black Hole if you go to Oakland...Been there done it several times and this advice comes from yrs of experience...

Banned

Your thoughts
    Wait a second. You can buy season tickets for the Raiders without being put on a waiting list? Yeah, they're great fans.

Veteran

Never again.

I went to Oaklandonce. Awful fans are the biggest bunch of *******s I've ever seen. It's not about the game - it's about getting drunk and being a dick. SD is way more fun.

Hall Of Fame
    san diego has awesome weather, and tons of stars on the roster

go see the bolts

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Sd

Moderator VIP Visionary

Your thoughts
    Things could go well; things could go very poorly, if you get stuck near rambunctious aholes. Wear black for best results. I have friends that are 6'3" 240 and they don't ever wear their Niners gear when they go to Oakland Alameda Stadium. Too many jerks with small-man syndrome, mob mentality is everywhere.

All Pro
    Hah, well thats an overwhelming response in favour of SD.. and yes, i know the upsides are plenty. Like i said though, i need a local to come with me to atleast split some of the costs, like Hotel and stuff.

And to answer the questions, Yes this guy is for real. He's a regular there, he has money, and he has the "i'll do what i want mentality". I have no doubt the fool actually purchased season tickets with the intention of catching maybe two games at best.

Well i guess SD is the place to go. I just gotta get my trip planned out i suppose. Maybe i'll get my mate with buffalo tickets to fly out here.

Your thoughts
    Go to the chargers game. Heres my reason. Jmo Alot oF Jet fans are expecting to win in Oakland. I think Raiders are going to throw them a bad beating. At least against the Chargers, your already expecting a Loss.

Your thoughts
    I remember you being big on drafting McFadden, why not go and watch him get stuffed by our new and improved D?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Go to the chargers game. Heres my reason. Jmo Alot oF Jet fans are expecting to win in Oakland. I think Raiders are going to throw them a bad beating. At least against the Chargers, your already expecting a Loss.
    LOL...OK homer.

Jets run for 200 against Oakland and win a laugher.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    I remember you being big on drafting McFadden, why not go and watch him get stuffed by our new and improved D?
    Haha, damn you. you remembered

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    that would make sense if the jets played the raiders in the opener

Haha, damn you. you remembered
    If only Al Davis was slightly less stupid, he could have been a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    Was RB a BIG need for the Raiders. NO Raiders are stacked at that position. After raiders addressed all their needs in FA. IT was a choice between Gholston and Mcfadden. I thought Raiders would go Gholston.
    Mcfadden does make sense coming to the sixth top team rushing the football. IT gives the Raiders an explosive weapon that can score from anywhere on the field. Where he going to help the most is in the passing offense. Gives the Raiders a dangerous recieving threat that going to give major matchup problems to a defense. J Fargas isn't a good reciever. Now raiders have two guys D Mcfadden and M BUsh that are dangerous recievers out of backfield.

Good luck trying to stop the raiders run game . Raiders are not going to try and overpower your Dline. They are going to stretch them out, and cut them at the knees. Kris Jenkins can try to move all along the Dline, but eventually they are going to create a lane for the RB to exploit.
    By some chance you stop Raiders run game,Tell me what LB jets have thats going to stay with Mcfadden coming out of backfield. (Gholston, Pace or harris- IN your dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    LOL...OK homer.

Jets run for 200 against Oakland and win a laugher.
    IF anyone runs for 200 yards, put your money on the Raiders being the team that does it. Jets don't have anything on offense raiders defense can't handle. Lets see N Asomugha on J cotchery- Handled. Deangelo Hall ON L Coles- Handled Any RB you wasnt to send out of backfield- Thomas Howard - has developed into one of the best coverage LBs in the game. Handled. TE- Keller or whoever you think going to give Raiders problems. M Huff has controlled the premier TEs in the AFc West. So this should be a breeze. Jets small oline not going to move out Raiders massive DLine in the running game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    IF anyone runs for 200 yards, put your money on the Raiders being the team that does it. Jets don't have anything on offense raiders defense can't handle. Lets see N Asomugha on J cotchery- Handled. Deangelo Hall ON L Coles- Handled Any RB you wasnt to send out of backfield- Thomas Howard - has developed into one of the best coverage LBs in the game. Handled. TE- Keller or whoever you think going to give Raiders problems. M Huff has controlled the premier TEs in the AFc West. So this should be a breeze. Jets small oline not going to move out Raiders massive DLine in the running game.
    Is it just me or do Raider fans remind anybody else of the man in the black armor?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno