Thread: Parking at Yankee Stadium Fri Nite?

Hall Of Fame

Parking at Yankee Stadium Fri Nite?

Have tix, taking the kids to Yankee Stadium Friday nite (to see the Stadium in it's final season, not the Yankees--although there also happens to be a Yankee game that nite, but will be rooting vocifersouly against them).

Where do you park nowadays?

And when is Monument Park open?

I figure to get there no later than 6:30 for a 7:05 start.

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Take the train.

Monument Park is open until about 45 minutes before the start of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Take the train.

Monument Park is open until about 45 minutes before the start of the game.
    I live in Northern Bergen County, the train is not an option.

Parking suggestions?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I live in Northern Bergen County, the train is not an option.

Parking suggestions?
    Bus and Train.

Seriously... parking is a nightmare, especially if you plan on getting there as late as you are. You're going to end up driving around the stadium for a half hour looking for parking until you finally decide to get ripped off and pay 30 dollars to park in one of those lots.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.

All League
    I've never driven to the stadium in my life. LIRR

Hall Of Fame
    Bus and Train.

Seriously... parking is a nightmare, especially if you plan on getting there as late as you are. You're going to end up driving around the stadium for a half hour looking for parking until you finally decide to get ripped off and pay 30 dollars to park in one of those lots.
    Which is what I basically thought I'd be doing. I recognize I'm going to get ripped off, just wanted to see if they have those lots around the Stadium.

The bus into NYC and then the subway up to the Bronx is going to take me about 3 hours there and 3 hours back--not sure I want to be doing that with the kids at 11 pm.

Besides, bus and subway for 5 people is going to cost me a SLIGHTLY more than $30, so I don't mind paying. Rather be in my car.

Are the lots right near the stadium?

Banned
    Which is what I basically thought I'd be doing. I recognize I'm going to get ripped off, just wanted to see if they have those lots around the Stadium.

The bus into NYC and then the subway up to the Bronx is going to take me about 3 hours there and 3 hours back--not sure I want to be doing that with the kids at 11 pm.

Besides, bus and subway for 5 people is going to cost me a SLIGHTLY more than $30, so I don't mind paying. Rather be in my car.

Are the lots right near the stadium?
    Yeah, there are several of them up and down River Ave. Most of them are around the new stadium.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, there are several of them up and down River Ave. Most of them are around the new stadium.
    Thanks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Its a shame, you almost have to go with the attitude of "i'm going to be ripped off, so be it" or else you cant enjoy your trip.

I'm going in a few weeks and I'm in the hole for over three hundred just for tickets. I figure by the time I pay for train fare and refreshments, I will have taken a 500 dollar bath for the same game my mother used to get us into for 6 bucks a ticket plus train fare in the 70's.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Its a shame, you almost have to go with the attitude of "i'm going to be ripped off, so be it" or else you cant enjoy your trip.

I'm going in a few weeks and I'm in the hole for over three hundred just for tickets. I figure by the time I pay for train fare and refreshments, I will have taken a 500 dollar bath for the same game my mother used to get us into for 6 bucks a ticket plus train fare in the 70's.
    I used to go to NY Islander games in the 70's as a kid (was then a Bruin fan, now Devils) and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays the $6 tickets were half-price. $3 for a PRO GAME?!?

I would bring $5, my parents would DROP US OFF at the Nassau Coliseum (can you imagine today dropping your 12 year old kid and a bunch of his friends off at a stadium- and come back later to pick them up?) and I'd have enough for tix and food.

Did see my then-idol Bobby Orr just about every time he came to Uniondale.

Ah, the good old days.

All League
    I go to Tampa Bay Lightning games for free with my student ID.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey Nancyboys.

You see that big 4 decker grey thingy about 20 yards just South of the Stadium?

Thats what we call a PARKING GARAGE.

$17.

Less than a 40 second walk to the front gate.

Thank the Lord I didn't waste $50 to get 5 people to the stadium in 3 hours on public transportation when I DROVE there in less than an hour from Northern Bergen County in my own car for about a third of the price!

Now I know why I don't come here for advice on heart, lung or brain surgery.

Hey SeanRyan- don't you friggin LIVE there?

Sheesh!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I go to Tampa Bay Lightning games for free with my student ID.
    I park 25 yards from Chase Field then drink beers at Jacksons on 5th before walking right into the stadium for the D-Backs first pitch. 25 minutes to drive to the stadium in the car and then parking is $8....$10 on weekends. I couldn't imagine living back in NJ/NY and having to make an entire 8 hour production just to see a baseball game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I park 25 yards from Chase Field then drink beers at Jacksons on 5th before walking right into the stadium for the D-Backs first pitch. 25 minutes to drive to the stadium in the car and then parking is $8....$10 on weekends. I couldn't imagine living back in NJ/NY and having to make an entire 8 hour production just to see a baseball game.
    This was most definitely not the norm, but I was at Yankee Stadium in under 50 mins from Upper Bergen County and parked RIGHT next to the stadium.

In time to get into Monument Park.

Banned
    I take public transportation. I live in Bergen County, and it takes a little over an hour to get to the stadium. 190 bus to Port Authorty, #7 train to Grand Central, #4 train to Yankee Stadium.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-24-2008 at 01:52 AM.

All League
    wow i am surprised you got into monument park. there normally is a huge line to get into there, and with it closing at 6:15...

You even saw a great game!!!

Also, when I was in the city last summer working, I got out of work at 6pm in lower manhattan, got to the park by like 6:35 or so, game ends at 10:10pm or so (on average), and I was home by 10:30-10:40pm. And the total cost of the transportation was... $0 with my already purchased unlimited subway card! So jetstream23.. I dunno where you were, but you had crappy ways of going to the stadium.
    Last edited by rep; 05-24-2008 at 03:17 AM.

All Pro
    This was most definitely not the norm, but I was at Yankee Stadium in under 50 mins from Upper Bergen County and parked RIGHT next to the stadium.

In time to get into Monument Park.
    I know it is too late now but Stokes my friend... send me a PM and I will show the the MOTHER of all shortcuts to Yankee Stadium for you Jersey boys.

Being from the Bronx and having to live in Bergen County for a 5 year period I learned the absolute best way to get into (and out of) the stadium from Jersey.

I laugh at 50 minutes... even in horrid rush hour traffic.