Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 vs. Patriots will make or break our season

All League

Week 2 vs. Patriots will make or break our season

Week 2 we are at home against the Patriots. We should be coming into this game 1-0 after a win opening week against the dolphins and will be highly motivated for this "spygate" rematch.

I feel that winning or losing this game will determine if we go to the playoffs or not. Now, I know that are chances of winning this game are pretty slim. Tom Brady is undefeated at Giants Stadium and 11-2 overall against the Jets.

I think that if we lose this game, while we may still go on to post a good record, I do not think we will make the playoffs. If we somehow pull off this win, I think our team will be motivated and we will make the playoffs. The chances though of winning this game are VERY slim, but so are our playoff chances. They are riding on this game.

If we can pull off this win, we will make the playoffs, book it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think you are making waaaay to much out of this. It's simply a divisional game. Week 2 determines absolutely squat. Fun for Pats and Jets fans but critical? No.

All League
    i agree if we win we will make the playoffs. i think we just need to play them close and not get blown out. that would be good for the team. but if we lose its not the end of the season

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I think you are making waaaay to much out of this. It's simply a divisional game. Week 2 determines absolutely squat. Fun for Pats and Jets fans but critical? No.
    I'm just sayin I think it will mean a lot for our team if we win this game, especially if Clemens is the QB. Of course the Pats could care less if they beat us....

Banned
    I agree a win could really propell us to the next level for the rest of the season....btu San Diego is going to just as tough for us.

I wont say it is a make or break. We arent going to make the playoffs to begin with...so I dont see this game making it any different.

It only the 2nd game of the season. There has never been a make or break game in week 2 in the history of the league.

I'll take a sweep of Buffalo and The Phins. That'll set us up nicer for the Playoffs. 1 win against the Pats won't make or break the season.... in week 2....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The month of December does, IMO.

Two west coast trips with divisional games inbetween.

Hall Of Fame
    big game, yes. important for clemens' confidence, yes. make or break the season, no way.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    sorry man but the season is not made after week 2....regardless if they win or lose....there is 14 games left to play after week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post

Week 2 we are at home against the Patriots. We should be coming into this game 1-0 after a win opening week against the dolphins and will be highly motivated for this "spygate" rematch.

I feel that winning or losing this game will determine if we go to the playoffs or not. Now, I know that are chances of winning this game are pretty slim. Tom Brady is undefeated at Giants Stadium and 11-2 overall against the Jets.

I think that if we lose this game, while we may still go on to post a good record, I do not think we will make the playoffs. If we somehow pull off this win, I think our team will be motivated and we will make the playoffs. The chances though of winning this game are VERY slim, but so are our playoff chances. They are riding on this game.

If we can pull off this win, we will make the playoffs, book it.

Hall Of Fame
    So if the Jets don't start the season 2-0 the season is over? Come on, give me a break. That's just a tad bit over-dramatic.

The Giants started last season out 0-2. They then beat those same 2 teams back to back in the divisional and championship games before winning the Super Bowl. So lets try not to get too excited over the first two weeks, ok?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    So if the Jets don't start the season 2-0 the season is over? Come on, give me a break. That's just a tad bit over-dramatic.

The Giants started last season out 0-2. They then beat those same 2 teams back to back in the divisional and championship games before winning the Super Bowl. So lets try not to get too excited over the first two weeks, ok?
    We shall see. I said that even if we do not win this game we still may post a good record but I just got this feeling that this game will be the difference between making the playoffs or falling short.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    big game, yes. important for clemens' confidence, yes. make or break the season, no way.
    Well said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    We shall see. I said that even if we do not win this game we still may post a good record but I just got this feeling that this game will be the difference between making the playoffs or falling short.
    How many times has Brady lost to the Jets at Giants Stadium?

'nuff said.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How many times has Brady lost to the Jets at Giants Stadium?

'nuff said.
    I said it in the first post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    On paper its not a critical game, but the Pats* are the top dogs in the division until someone else steps up. A victory would provide an emotional boost for the fans and the team. A loss would be equally as disappointing as it would indicate that all of our re-building left us short of being able to step up to them, but it would mean very little on paper at that point in the season.

We played them tough last year with a crap team so I am very optimistic that we can do it.

Besides, they have had a whole off-season to digest the fact that despite their impressive run last year, they are respected less in the league than even the lowly Jets because of their penchant for cheating and poor sportsmanship.
    I expect this to effect their over-all performance.

Jets 316

Patriots 24

All League
    I disagree with you guys. EVERY division game is important, even more so than a non-divisional game. Think tie-breakers.

There's only 16 games in a season, boys. EVERY game is important. This ain't baseball.

You can't win a division in September, but you sure can lose it.

Hall Of Fame
    That game will be a barometer... nothing more, nothing less..

It will allow us and the coaches to gauge where we stand next to the best teams in the AFC. It isn't going to make or break our season. At that point there will still be 14 games left to play and anything can happen.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Jets 316

Patriots 24
    LOL, said it like the SNL sketch - Da' Bears... ("What would the score be if the Jets only had a team of 11 inch high Mangini's?" "Pats 24, Jets 316")

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    LOL, said it like the SNL sketch - Da' Bears... ("What would the score be if the Jets only had a team of 11 inch high Mangini's?" "Pats 24, Jets 316")
    Well, my prediction takes into account a team comprised only of 11 inch high Mangini's, one of which ( Vito Mangini) misses an extra point as the clock winds down, or else it would have been Jets 317, Pats 24.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Well, my prediction takes into account a team comprised only of 11 inch high Mangini's, one of which ( Vito Mangini) misses an extra point as the clock winds down, or else it would have been Jets 317, Pats 24.
    But is the Coach Mangini also mini (like the mini Mangini players) or is he full size? If he's full size, the score needs to change