Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: I am Cooking Oxtail

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837

    I am Cooking Oxtail

    I am cooking sunday dinner for the family is there any chef in here? I did the seasoning already so how long should I pressure cook the oxtail?

    discuss.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Never had oxtail before.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,076
    you just got back from Russia right?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    you just got back from Russia right?
    aaaaahhh yeah!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    I think jetdawg is the undisputed #1 poster on JI.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I think jetdawg is the undisputed #1 poster on JI.
    aaaahh yeah! but you didn't tell me how to cook the oxtail maybe I should ask jetsbabe.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg View Post
    aaaahh yeah! but you didn't tell me how to cook the oxtail maybe I should ask jetsbabe.
    Yeah, i aint got your answer man. Northeast folk like me have never seen, let alone cooked oxtail. Good luck.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Northeast folk like me have never seen, let alone cooked oxtail. Good luck.
    wadda you talkin bout I am a northeast folk I am from dah Bronx ssson. they cook oxtail in brooklyn dang it taste good. matter o fact they cook it in
    SI/manhattan/yonkers/Mt. Vernon/even some where in jersey too!

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg View Post
    wadda you talkin bout I am a northeast folk I am from dah Bronx ssson. they cook oxtail in brooklyn dang it taste good. matter o fact they cook it in
    SI/manhattan/yonkers/Mt. Vernon/even some where in jersey too!
    Guess im not looking in the right places

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    going to oktoberfest in munich. have reservations at the spaten tent where they serve ox. def will try it

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Heard its a pain to get reservations to tents there.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Heard its a pain to get reservations to tents there.
    i think a friend of a friend knows someone so thats how we got the reservations

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    i think a friend of a friend knows someone so thats how we got the reservations
    True, its still pretty early. Although I think I recall hearing on 3 Sheets(TV Show) that reservations are made 7 months in advance. Thats crazy, I gotta get over there eventually.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    PM Freestater. He's got a great possum recipe.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Well I've been pressure cooking oxtal since 3:30 today it is now 9.00 thats 4.5 hrs. holy chit guess we're gonna be eating late, infact one of the kids just crash
    and the meat is still not cook what a bummer.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale by way of New York
    Posts
    13,192
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg View Post
    Well I've been pressure cooking oxtal since 3:30 today it is now 9.00 thats 4.5 hrs. holy chit guess we're gonna be eating late, infact one of the kids just crash
    and the meat is still not cook what a bummer.
    I know it's too late now but next time brown them in a skillet first then put them in a crookpot cook all night and they should be good. Make sure you add a little water or red wine to the skillet after you take the tails out and pour it into the pot, it would be a shame to leave all that flavor in the dishwasher. You can also use a smoker, just brown them and add all of your vegs and spices with a little red wine into a foil pouch and let them cook all night.


    For those of you from the NE that never had Ox Tail, you don't know what you're missing, they're ****ing great.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 07-14-2008 at 07:04 AM.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Mick View Post


    For those of you from the NE that never had Ox Tail, you don't know what you're missing, they're ****ing great.
    I doubt if the Ox would agree Mick..

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawg View Post
    I did the seasoning already so how long should I pressure cook the oxtail?
    How long did it lay in the road before you took it home?

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,112
    oxtail is a very popular dish here in the caribbean. my kids love it. to my knowledge, you can't cook it long enough

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,572
    Nice to meet you Mr.Oxtail

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us