Thread: Lito Sheppard?

Veteran

Lito Sheppard?

This is a pipe dream at best but follow me now. Rotoworld is reporting Sheppard wants a new deal or out of Philly. If they would do a 3rd and 5th for him, also figure you could save 3.6 mil from Barrett alone and yes I understand we would have to deal yet another big contract. However on the plus side if you want to talk about young ferocious defense. On paper you would have a secondary of Lito, Rhodes and Revis. All 3 of which are studs soon to be or already in their primes. I dont give a crap who your SS is put me back there and that is a top 5 secondary. A front seven featuring Gholston, Harris Pace, and Jenkins sprinkled with some solid vets like Coleman and Ellis. That D on paper is top ten borderline top 5. thoughts?

Veteran
    i think we should give j-miller a chance

but if he sucks then i would definitely give up a 3rd and 5th for sheppard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Without giving J Mill a chance, bring in Sheppard.

Practice Squad
    Didn't Samuel get hurt today, meaning Lito will probably get more opportunities? Granted it's probably for the very short term, but still, I would think the Eagles wouldn't want to give away a good insurance policy. But yes, I agree, do it if you can, and we have the potential for a top 5 defense for the next 3-4 years for sure.

On another note, Revis, I miss the sig. Oh well, was never going to happen anyway. But as to those now shown, hell no to McNabb, I've always thought he's overrated, and hell yeah to Quinn. I'm serious too.

All League
    Lito in our secondary would be awesome!! And with a solid pass rush, we would dominate.

What's the deal with the kid Ahmad Caroll? He was the Packers 1st round pick 3 years ago?? Potential, or a waste of time??

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    i think we should give j-miller a chance

but if he sucks then i would definitely give up a 3rd and 5th for sheppard
    NO you bring in the most competition for that position.(that you can) You let the best man win the job. Miller really comes on than you have some nice depth behind him(sheppard) . Miller continues to struggle(have you not read training camp reports) than you have a viable solution to the #2 cb.

Haven't you learned anything from your Qb situation. Lets give K clemens a chance to be the guy. Hope can only take you so far. K Clemens continues to struggle and what are you left at that position- Chad Pennington. See what I mean

BTw Jets defense has no chance to be a top five unit. No matter how many times you try to convince yourself thats the case.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-27-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    NO you bring in the most competition for that position.(that you can) You let the best man win the job. Miller really comes on than you have some nice depth behind him(sheppard) . Miller continues to struggle(have you not read training camp reports) than you have a viable solution to the #2 cb.

Haven't you learned anything from your Qb situation. Lets give K clemens a chance to be the guy. Hope can only take you so far. K Clemens continues to struggle and what are you left at that position- Chad Pennington. See what I mean

BTw Jets defense has no chance to be a top five unit. No matter how many times you try to convince yourself thats the case.
    This could be the least informed post Ive read in so many different ways.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

How dare you!

I very much disagree with you. Our defense has been taylor-made to compliment or protect an offense that will not put 50 points on the board as much as like 24 points and playing sound defense.

The D will start fast and just keep improving and improving until we are noticed and by that time we will be a top 5 defense.

Our D will be so tough this year, A bunch of "Billy Bad ***es"!

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    How dare you!

I very much disagree with you. Our defense has been taylor-made to compliment or protect an offense that will not put 50 points on the board as much as like 24 points and playing sound defense.

The D will start fast and just keep improving and improving until we are noticed and by that time we will be a top 5 defense.

Our D will be so tough this year, A bunch of "Billy Bad ***es"!
    You want to make a signature Bet on that one. I will even say Jets defense won't be in top ten. Lets look at the Facts. 1. # 2 Cb opposite revis 2. Safety opposite Rhodes 3. Depth at alot of positions is non existant 4. Just how good will that jets pass rush be in 2008.

You really see the Jets offense averaging 24 points. With your current Qb situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    This is a pipe dream at best but follow me now. Rotoworld is reporting Sheppard wants a new deal or out of Philly. If they would do a 3rd and 5th for him, also figure you could save 3.6 mil from Barrett alone and yes I understand we would have to deal yet another big contract. However on the plus side if you want to talk about young ferocious defense. On paper you would have a secondary of Lito, Rhodes and Revis. All 3 of which are studs soon to be or already in their primes. I dont give a crap who your SS is put me back there and that is a top 5 secondary. A front seven featuring Gholston, Harris Pace, and Jenkins sprinkled with some solid vets like Coleman and Ellis. That D on paper is top ten borderline top 5. thoughts?
    We're going to need all our '09 picks to move up for Matt Stafford.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsVault03 View Post
    On another note, Revis, I miss the sig. Oh well, was never going to happen anyway. But as to those now shown, hell no to McNabb, I've always thought he's overrated, and hell yeah to Quinn. I'm serious too.
    I used the subtitle miracles happen with this pic, I guess this would be the appropriate time to keep it on then.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    We're going to need all our '09 picks to move up for Matt Stafford.
    Very true. If Clemens shows nothing this year the two main objectives to improve this team next year must be 1) Quarterback 2) Wide Receiver/ Secondary
    Last edited by Revis; 07-27-2008 at 01:00 PM.