Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to camp today............

Went to camp today............

Went to camp today by myself and could really concentrate on the practice itself. Here are some things I observed:

- Cartin, from Boomer and Cartin's WFAN show was at Jets fest with a bull horn chanting "WE WANT FARVE". It didnt come across well by fans. He was loud and obnoxious. When he walked acrooss the field later on the sidelines some fans were giving him grief.

- Three Giants fans annoyed me at practice by being loud about the SB win. When one Jets fan told them to be quiet one Giants fan told him to get out of Giant Stadium. Then he made fun of us losing Hofstra as well. It never seems to end.

- The OLINE looks dramatically bigger. D'Brick definitly put on some weight. Fanaca, Mangold, and D'Brick act like they've been teammates for years. I love the comradery. Garner, Hunter, Bender, and Montgomery are big guys and play with some nastiness. FYI: Hunter was backing up D'Brick at LT.

- Thought it was pretty even between Pennigton and Clemens today. Chad looked his usual confident in the pocket moveing the team down field on 7-7 but failed to get in the endzone. Clemens worked primarily with the second unit and looked pretty good. Hit Keller for a big gain. Threw an INT to end the 7-7 part of the practice. Clemens makes the big play more often than Chad but is throwing way too man INTs.

- Gholston looked good at times and lost on others. He is a physical specimen.

- Jenkins is a HOUSE. Very impressive.

- Bubba Franks looks to be in terrific shape and looked good during drills.

- Stuckey looked good and caught many passes from both Pennington and Clemens. He is a player if healthy.

- Coles rode the bike all practice and didnt dress.

- Ratliff was impressive as well as Ainge, until 7-7s and they both struggled a bit.

- The RBs are a solid unit. Jones and Leon go without saying. Musa Smith and Tony Richardson were excellent today. Richardson adds a look to the Jets that hasn't been seen in years. Musa Smith was an absolute steal. This guy can play.

- Callahan works primarily with the OLINE. His presence is strong.

- Keller is going to be a big time weapon. Already he is exposing the defense with his size and speed from the TE position. He caught a bomb from Clemens on 7-7s with the DB drapped all over him. Very impressed with Keller today.

- Pennington and Cotchery worked well togethre on 7-7s

- Lowery broke up a pass from Pennington to Henry in the corner of the endzone.

- Henry looked a little lost at times today but obviously has great size.

- Clemens was holding for Nugent on FG attempts.

- Beautiful catch by Brad Smith from Clemens today in traffic.

- Damn Clemens throws a pick to end the 7-7 drills. Clemens looked dejected for a few minutes before Chad told him to pick his head up. The QBs ran multiple sprints at the end of practice and it was hot. Not as a punishment but required running.

- Mangini runs a strong practice compared to some HC's of the past. It compares to Parcells in the intensity level. He is also right in the thick of things.
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-30-2008 at 07:34 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Thanks for the report! I like to hear other people's point of views rather than just the beat writers. I'm really excited about the offensive line and Dustin Keller in particular.

Also cop, is it fair to say that the defense is far ahead of the offense at this point? Seems to be the case based on all the reports I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Thanks for the report! I like to hear other people's point of views rather than just the beat writers. I'm really excited about the offensive line and Dustin Keller in particular.

Also cop, is it fair to say that the defense is far ahead of the offense at this point? Seems to be the case based on all the reports I've read.
    Thanks Buzz, I would say the defense looks vastly improved from last season. Kris Jenkins is a big reason for tha. He is difficult to move and plays with a nastiness. Gholston lined up a few times at end and lookd good. He is a physical specimen. Come to think of it Bryan Thomas looked good today also. Cant say I even noticed Pace today.....................

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Good stuff copernicus! Thanks a lot..

News on Keller is better every day, who did the D have covering him? Seems like he's exploiting covers 2's by working the seams and posts

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Good stuff copernicus! Thanks a lot..

News on Keller is better every day, who did the D have covering him? Seems like he's exploiting covers 2's by working the seams and posts
    thanks CTM. Keller was the MVP today on offense. He was all over the place. Down field, short routes, slants, you name it. I was very impressed with his skills. What a weapon. He out jumped David Barrett on the big play from Clemens down field I believe....................

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great stuff, Copernicus.

For the life of me, I cant understand why three Giant fans would show up to Jets training camp to talk smack. I'd say they are lucky there is a family atmosphere there.

I hope to make it out with my 11 year old, if I can ditch my two-year old nut for a few hours, lol.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

- Three Giants fans annoyed me at practice by being loud about the SB win. When one Jets fan told them to be quiet one Giants fan told him to get out of Giant Stadium. Then he made fun of us losing Hofstra as well. It never seems to end.

I was also near some Giants fans too maybe the same ones. They shouted out to all the players. I asked them how come you arent in Albany....and if you are so happy that they won the superbowl why arent you there to give them congrats. I told him if my Jets won the superbowl I sure as hell wouldnt be at Giants camp the next year!

Then i busted him about Shockey how you all the Giants loved him yet now love that they got rid of him. I think I pissed him off so much he moved down the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsPhoto View Post
    I was also near some Giants fans too maybe the same ones. They shouted out to all the players. I asked them how come you arent in Albany....and if you are so happy that they won the superbowl why arent you there to give them congrats. I told him if my Jets won the superbowl I sure as hell wouldnt be at Giants camp the next year!

Then i busted him about Shockey how you all the Giants loved him yet now love that they got rid of him. I think I pissed him off so much he moved down the fence.
    YES!!! YES!!! Those were the guys...................nice work!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Great stuff, Copernicus.

For the life of me, I cant understand why three Giant fans would show up to Jets training camp to talk smack. I'd say they are lucky there is a family atmosphere there.

I hope to make it out with my 11 year old, if I can ditch my two-year old nut for a few hours, lol.
    You are so correct 32. It is a family atmosphere and most just rolled their eyes at them............

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great stuff, Copernicus.

+1.632

Why would the fan of some other team be so obsessed with the Jets?

Some people just need to get a life.

Hall Of Fame
    Nice summary, Cop, although I do have to disagree with you on just one point. While Franks did look to be in good shape, he dropped all three passes I saw thrown to him. Lets hope his hands do a better job blocking than they do catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Nice summary, Cop, although I do have to disagree with you on just one point. While Franks did look to be in good shape, he dropped all three passes I saw thrown to him. Lets hope his hands do a better job blocking than they do catching.
    Nice work Jets Things. It's hard to see everything. Maybe I saw him catch passes earlier in practice when I jotted it down. Lots going on today at practice...........

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1.632

Why would the fan of some other team be so obsessed with the Jets?

Some people just need to get a life.
    Lol, I was actually trying to be kind by not making the obvious connection to the 60,000 (yes, 60,000) posts between you and your sister Tex.

At least the Giant fans showed their mugs and risked a real beat-down, lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Lol, I was actually trying to be kind by not making the obvious connection to the 60,000 (yes, 60,000) posts between you and your sister Tex.

At least the Giant fans showed their mugs and risked a real beat-down, lol
    You wanna meet up and dance Margaret? It's go time.

Would you say that when Gholston lines up at DE he looks good, but at LB he looks a little raw? That seems to be what I've been getting, if thats the case I am not worried, since DE was his position.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Would you say that when Gholston lines up at DE he looks good, but at LB he looks a little raw? That seems to be what I've been getting, if thats the case I am not worried, since DE was his position.
    Yes, come to think of it I did notice that. Good call KR.........

All League
    The QBs ran multiple sprints at the end of practice and it was hot.
    -
    You forgot to say "no homo"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You wanna meet up and dance Margaret? It's go time.
    lol, I'll meet you half way at the New Haven Marriott.....

Bring beer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yes, come to think of it I did notice that. Good call KR.........
    Copernicus: Most polite, deferential, knowledgeable, poster ever.

lol

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'll meet you half way
    ummmmm....you are speaking geographically right